Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

Originally Posted by benjy25
Strange that, given that most people who actually meet me, rather than hide behind a computer screen, quite like me.
Perhaps you are a better person than you are a writer.

No one is "hiding behind a computer screen", that's just the medium of communication we're using at this moment.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN ANYBDY ON THIS FORUM SPELL?!

I didn't know we needed to pass a test to post on here?

If the grammar isn't up to your standard, then I am sure with your vast amount of knowledge you can create your own site, where you can hand pick the members.

As for your girlfriend taking 4 weeks to land a job (and I am pleased for her), some of us secured good jobs before we got to Canada.

Not everybody has the ability or finances to continue their education, something an educated person should be able to work out.

Linda
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough

Hmmm. Don't fool yourself, I doubt you would be so forward in person.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Perhaps you are a better person than you are a writer.

No one is "hiding behind a computer screen", that's just the medium of communication we're using at this moment.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh he would.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:03 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Strange that, given that most people who actually meet me, quite like me.

that's nice dear...............now run along and play.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

To assert that someone who described himself as "vainglorious" in normal conversation is, in fact, a wanker? I can't imagine feeling any need to hesitate. Are you huge and routinely armed to the teeth?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:07 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the author of about 20 published books. I went to a polytechnic and got a Desmond.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Very true. We took a calculated risk in selling what we could in the UK and committing ourselves to a new life in Canada without the assurances of a steady income, or a PR visa for that matter.

We came with the grand total of $26,000; far, far less than the VAST majority of expats who move to Canada and instantly snap up executive homes and brand-new cars.

At the same time I am enrolled in a course that costs over $11,000 a year, although I am lucky enough to be funded through a scholarship to cover that expense.

I suppose my point is this: we got here through application, risk, intelligence and a measure of good fortune.

Originally Posted by Linda P
I didn't know we needed to pass a test to post on here?

If the grammar isn't up to your standard, then I am sure with your vast amount of knowledge you can create your own site, where you can hand pick the members.

As for your girlfriend taking 4 weeks to land a job (and I am pleased for her), some of us secured good jobs before we got to Canada.

Not everybody has the ability or finances to continue their education, something an educated person should be able to work out.

Linda
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

That image genuinely made me laugh!

Yes, I am pompous and irritating at times.

I apologise.

To assert that someone who described himself as "vainglorious" in normal conversation is, in fact, a wanker? I can't imagine feeling any need to hesitate. Are you huge and routinely armed to the teeth?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Very true. We took a calculated risk in selling what we could in the UK and committing ourselves to a new life in Canada without the assurances of a steady income, or a PR visa for that matter.

We came with the grand total of $26,000; far, far less than the VAST majority of expats who move to Canada and instantly snap up executive homes and brand-new cars.

At the same time I am enrolled in a course that costs over $11,000 a year, although I am lucky enough to be funded through a scholarship to cover that expense.

I suppose my point is this: we got here through application, risk, intelligence and a measure of good fortune.

Whereabouts are you?

(Motivated by general interest, not a desire to say things forcefully in your physical presence)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

You seem to be rather insecure, why are you trying so hard to prove how smart etc you are?? (Especially to a group of strangers hiding behind computer screens )
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

New Brunswick. Why?

Whereabouts are you?

(Motivated by general interest, not a desire to say things forcefully in your physical presence)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Not really. I have just been developing frustration with this forum for 2 years and rather blew my top. Inadvisedly it would seem.

Originally Posted by fledermaus
You seem to be rather insecure, why are you trying so hard to prove how smart etc you are?? (Especially to a group of strangers hiding behind computer screens )
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

What do you write?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I am the author of about 20 published books. I went to a polytechnic and got a Desmond.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

New Brunswick. Why?
I couldn't immediately think of a place where it might be thought difficult to find a job and where tuition is moderately priced. Obviously not one of the major cities so I wondered if you were in London ON.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.