Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

To be fair Ashley Cole is from Newcastle and she's been voted the most photogenic woman in the world!

Or is Ashley the guy? OK so it's his wife... er ex wife.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:01 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Originally Posted by triumphguy
To be fair Ashley Cole is from Newcastle and she's been voted the most photogenic woman in the world!

Or is Ashley the guy? OK so it's his wife... er ex wife.
Have you seen Joe Cole's wife, Carly? She seems to have shaped up well.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:04 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Was that you about 35 - 40 seconds in? You got da moves man!
That's me dad. I've told him before.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't look like a manichean!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't look like a manichean!
Oh but he is! He's a Geordie.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Proof?

I don't believe this at all, sorry.

Plus, in many countries Islam exists peacefully with other religions - it's only when extremists (on all sides) get a foothold that things go awry.
The problem is that islam is not co-existing with other religions in Britain. People always talk about extremists but it's all relative. The most devout catholic, for example, simply doesn't compare with the most tamed muslim. I've seen interviews with muslims and I'm not talking about Captain Hook. These are polite, calm people. Certainly not extremists. But no matter how controlled and respectful, the message is clear. That islam doesn't respect the existence of other religions. In fact it's in the Koran, to draw the blood of non-believers. And Islam isn't about choice. It's about blind ignorance. Islam is racist. It's appallingly sexist. It stands for everything that every self-respecting Christian would and should find repugnant.

BTW I just finished watching the BBC documentary Young, British and Angry. Never heard such a load of tosh in my life. That dumb ass reporter spent the whole time trying to find tiny holes in the EDL with limited success. On the other hand, the EDL's recruiting of a token asian and black guy is also a little lame. Perhaps they should have considered getting Bernard Manning as their spokesman.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:57 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadian_critic
That islam doesn't respect the existence of other religions. In fact it's in the Koran, to draw the blood of non-believers. And Islam isn't about choice. It's about blind ignorance. Islam is racist. It's appallingly sexist. It stands for everything that every self-respecting Christian would and should find repugnant.

I put it to you that when Christianity was developing and spreading throughout Europe in the Middle Ages, and when it was being exported to the ignorant natives in Africa, tolerance of non-believers was a bit thin on the ground. Racism and sexism abounded.

It's no coincidence that the rise in equality for race, gender, sexuality etc this past 50 years or so is inversely proportional to the decline of the Church's self-serving influence.

The sanctimony in your last sentence above is absolutely staggering.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:43 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ma...-investigation

Whaddya make of that then???

Mrs M x
I've not read all the messages in this thread so somebody may have already pointed this out.

In the article, the Guardian mentions EDL spokesman Guramit Singh. Isn't it interesting that one of their spokespersons is clearly of Indian origin?

I remember watching a documentary a few years back when a group of kids of West Indian origin were complaining about the Somalians coming over here and taking our jobs etc. We have to remember that Britain has had immigration for decades now and Indian/West Indian origin kids are now 3 or more generations deep. That makes them as British as anybody.

For me it begs the question: Are we now seeing a for more culturally diverse group of racists? And isn't that something of an oxymoron?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:49 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lmartin999

Mods, if you have any real balls, then just ban this guy. As dbd says we don't need this kind of guy on the forum.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Why so hostile?

Last edited by John_B; Jun 3rd 2010 at 1:55 pm. Reason: Original too subtle.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:44 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_B
I've not read all the messages in this thread so somebody may have already pointed this out.

In the article, the Guardian mentions EDL spokesman Guramit Singh. Isn't it interesting that one of their spokespersons is clearly of Indian origin?

I remember watching a documentary a few years back when a group of kids of West Indian origin were complaining about the Somalians coming over here and taking our jobs etc. We have to remember that Britain has had immigration for decades now and Indian/West Indian origin kids are now 3 or more generations deep. That makes them as British as anybody.

For me it begs the question: Are we now seeing a for more culturally diverse group of racists? And isn't that something of an oxymoron?

From what I understand, the EDL are specifically against the islamification of Britain. I think virtually all non-muslims would be against that, surely?
Also a point of order - 'racists' cannot really be an accurate description as muslim is a religion rather than a race. Let's come up with a different term.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdarwin
From what I understand, the EDL are specifically against the islamification of Britain. I think virtually all non-muslims would be against that, surely?
Also a point of order - 'racists' cannot really be an accurate description as muslim is a religion rather than a race. Let's come up with a different term.
Nutters?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Nutters?
Frothing loons.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:21 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Frothing loons.
Christians.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:26 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Christians.
Crusaders?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John_B

People confuse race and ethnicity. Usually when the words race and racism are used they mean ethnicity.

EDIT bigots is a useful word

Last edited by fledermaus; Jun 3rd 2010 at 3:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.