Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Wikiposts

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Originally Posted by dbd33
"Aryan White Brotherhood", it said, somewhere on their person or clothing.
Considering you don't live that far from me (relatively speaking), dare I ask where you saw said racist scum?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:17 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Originally Posted by Messiah Khan
I live in Newcastle and was in town on Saturday (during the Marches etc). My partner actually works in the Bigg Market which is where the EDL congregated (Outside the Beehive pub which is a known BNP/NF stronghold). The day went without any reportable incident which is certainly to the credit of the police. The whole town was PACKED with police! Almost every street corner had a large group of police and several of the strategic streets had a full line of police barricading it off in case of trouble. Apparently all police leave had been cancelled as there were far more police out than a Newcastle vs Sunderland footy match.

So as long as any other town where the EDL plan on causing trouble have as proactive police force then I think the summer should pass without too much incident.
The Bigg Market is one of those no-go areas a poster was mentioning.

No-go at the weekends of an evening; not due to immigrants of course but due to hordes of geordie lasses wearing identical black miniskirts and white blouses vomiting haphazardly in the street.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Considering you don't live that far from me (relatively speaking), dare I ask where you saw said racist scum?
Zehr's in Orangeville.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:45 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
hordes of geordie lasses wearing identical black miniskirts and white blouses vomiting haphazardly in the street.
Quality! I see a bit of vomit around here, but sadly little Geordie skank.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Quality! I see a bit of vomit around here, but sadly little Geordie skank.
Yes, whenever I'm tempted to feel homesick I watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScyRmiaEOUw
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Zehr's in Orangeville.
Eugh.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Eugh.
I've seen them, or other members of the AWB, around Orangeville before. There's a fair amount of "keep Orangeville white" sentiment among those who moved from Brampton when it went Indian and, of course, the base population is primarily tattooed, dog beating, rednecks, so it's not a stretch to politicize them.

Odd though to see someone who belongs in American History X shopping. Not buying granola, I guess.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:19 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

The Bigg Market is one of those no-go areas a poster was mentioning.

No-go at the weekends of an evening; not due to immigrants of course but due to hordes of geordie lasses wearing identical black miniskirts and white blouses vomiting haphazardly in the street.
Ah, my recollection of being there was not that even that sedate, but I am stereotyping, tish & on a thread like this too...on week nights I had a really good time, the weekend a little too much for me
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by magnumpi
It be another made up piece of crap from a UK tabloid.

They probably gona just hold a BBQ down the dog n duck. and the reporters got all exited because pork was on the menu.
Yeah stupid pompous, trying-to-sound-posh and intellectual reporter. Pretty clear though that this EDL bunch are not the sharpest tools in the box. In fact this is the problem with them. They still occupy the same space as the next person, yet they seem like a bunch of ignoramuses. And if their intent is to cause disorder, their ignorance will certainly achieve that.

So I'm not going to side with these tossers but immigration IS a problem in UK. It's a very big problem. The issue is partly that of social integration and the hatred that many immigrants hold against the population. Many immigrants hate the country and refuse to make any effort to blend in. Are muslims really peaceful though? I'm not saying they are all extremist but islam is intolerant of other faiths. And to me this intolerance is something that the UK could do without EVEN MORE THAN THE EDL!

Last edited by canadian_critic; Jun 2nd 2010 at 12:33 pm. Reason: Another thought came to mind, and I didn't want to write another post
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by canadian_critic
Yeah stupid pompous, trying-to-sound-posh and intellectual reporter. Pretty clear though that this EDL bunch are not the sharpest tools in the box. In fact this is the problem with them. They still occupy the same space as the next person, yet they seem like a bunch of ignoramuses. And if their intent is to cause disorder, their ignorance will certainly achieve that.

So I'm not going to side with these tossers but immigration IS a problem in UK. It's a very big problem. The issue is partly that of social integration and the hatred that many immigrants hold against the population. Many immigrants hate the country and refuse to make any effort to blend in. Are muslims really peaceful though? I'm not saying they are all extremist but islam is intolerant of other faiths. And to me this intolerance is something that the UK could do without EVEN MORE THAN THE EDL!
Proof?

I don't believe this at all, sorry.

Plus, in many countries Islam exists peacefully with other religions - it's only when extremists (on all sides) get a foothold that things go awry.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Was that you about 35 - 40 seconds in? You got da moves man!

Last edited by triumphguy; Jun 2nd 2010 at 2:39 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdarwin
What about the no-go areas in many larger cities in the UK - those that are the result of a mass influx of immigrants. Isn't that the start of 'taking over'?
I'm only going by what I read on news sites and the like, so can't say I have first-hand experience here. I just want to know if it's all true. Is that why groups like the EDL exist?
I lived in Brixton in the very early eighties, and walked round Brixton market the day of the riots. I never, ever had any hassle from anyone - except the SPG (Special Patrol Group for those of you to young to remember).

You only have problems if you look for trouble.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:31 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Sod this Canada bollox I'm moving to Stockholm.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:39 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Sod this Canada bollox I'm moving to Stockholm.
I reckon your allotment would be a puller
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think my allotment of pulling would decrease over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.