Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Old May 29th 2010, 11:33 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Originally Posted by magnumpi
It be another made up piece of crap from a UK tabloid.
Magnumpi, I think you are in sunny Toronto at the moment & don't have the local knowledge hence the dismissive comments..

Well I can tell you from rainy Yorkshire, this is a serious issue, the cost and concern to the local communities targetted is significant, the police organisation significant and the general raising of tensions even if the events get cancelled. The police do a lot to limit the impacts at the time, but the longer term resentment remains. It is a deliberate escalation & those of us living here are very aware of it, whether it gets reported in the press or not.
Old May 29th 2010, 2:41 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apparently, English Defence League to provoke unrest in UK over summer????

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Magnumpi, I think you are in sunny Toronto at the moment
Actually, I believe he is in Pickering, which is not Toronto.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:47 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Magnumpi, I think you are in sunny Toronto at the moment & don't have the local knowledge hence the dismissive comments..

Well I can tell you from rainy Yorkshire, this is a serious issue, the cost and concern to the local communities targetted is significant, the police organisation significant and the general raising of tensions even if the events get cancelled. The police do a lot to limit the impacts at the time, but the longer term resentment remains. It is a deliberate escalation & those of us living here are very aware of it, whether it gets reported in the press or not.
I agree, i can only judge from the article given by the OP.

So you think this may go as far as the Brixton riots? I did read today that the protest in Newcastle went ahead without incident.

BUT....My big argument with the reports and the Jornos is, why give these people/scum the headlines, maybe if this went unreported, like most fights out side a Barnsley night club would on a sat night, then they may give up trying to provoke everyone.
Old May 29th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

osgood will become famous soon enoughosgood will become famous soon enough

Why are they scum,in fact they are some group who don't agree with muslim fanatic's......
Old May 29th 2010, 10:27 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by osgood
Why are they scum,in fact they are some group who don't agree with muslim fanatic's......
Nobody agrees with muslim fanatics apart from other muslim fanatics. This doesn't turn most people into racist fruit loops of the kind in EDL.
Old May 29th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

So you think this may go as far as the Brixton riots? I did read today that the protest in Newcastle went ahead without incident.

BUT....My big argument with the reports and the Jornos is, why give these people/scum the headlines, maybe if this went unreported, like most fights out side a Barnsley night club would on a sat night, then they may give up trying to provoke everyone.

Please, go and make a you tube video, I never thought I would say that, but there, I did.
Old May 29th 2010, 10:44 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
Please, go and make a you tube video, I never thought I would say that, but there, I did.
Are you disagreeing with my last post then.

You think that the EDL are worthy of the publicity.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:03 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on. Your posts yesterday suggested you were making some quite different points. Firstly you suggested that (exactly as with the fake football shirt story) this was a fabricated story with no truth to it. Secondly, you then offered an 'alternative' source to support your contention that The Guardian was making it all up.
As I, and others read it, your big argument was with The Guardian for publishing fabrications and your support for this was the other site you cited.
You seem to be rather radically changing the point you are trying to make?
Old May 29th 2010, 11:32 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I read it that, Mugwump in his usual jaunty way, was merely suggesting that this is another case of journalists sensationalizing a relatively tiny minority of the population who happen to be racist xenophobes and thus providing them with more coverage than their numbers or influence seems to warrant. The fact that it was the Guardian was irrelevant, any journalist with a hidden camera could have reported on such a story and made it seem sinister.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
I read it that, Mugwump in his usual jaunty way, was merely suggesting that this is another case of journalists sensationalizing a relatively tiny minority of the population who happen to be racist xenophobes and thus providing them with more coverage than their numbers or influence seems to warrant. The fact that it was the Guardian was irrelevant, any journalist with a hidden camera could have reported on such a story and made it seem sinister.
Exactly

The OP's report said violence and suchlike. But there was none today, ohh and only 1000 turned up in the N.E. not the estimated 2,000 plus that was reported.
So it may have just been a sexed up report to sell papers was what i first thought.
Old May 30th 2010, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

I do not deny for one minute that it could well be a sexed up report. By I would ask you Magnumpi to maybe put yourself in the position of someone from minority ethnic culture on the day 1,000 of those lunatics were in your home area.

Maybe ask one of your friends who I think you mentioned in an earlier post. I'm sure they will be quite outright in their response to that question.

Respectfully,

Mrs M x

Last edited by Mistress Miggins; May 30th 2010 at 12:17 am.
Old May 30th 2010, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
I do not deny for one minute that it could well be a sexed up report. By I would ask you Magnumpi to maybe put yourself in the position of someone from minority ethnic culture on the day 1,000 of those lunatics were in your home area.

Maybe ask one of your friends who I think you mentioned in an earlier post. I'm sure they will be quite outright in their response to that question.

Respectfully,

Mrs M x
I am in total agreement with you.

One of our family friends living in South Kirby who originates from the Philippines stopped going to the Leeds away games for a few years for that very reason.
Not asked him about all this stuff yet.
Old May 30th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Which by the very virtue that it effects lots of people in profound ways, means that it could very well be argued that it is in fact news worthy and will remain to be so.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

osgood will become famous soon enoughosgood will become famous soon enough

Young British and angry.....Ben Anderson bbc 3 Documentary...EDL have Irish Team Leaders,who control the protest march and sing song,Mr singh is the voice of the leadership....No surrender to AL-QAEDA..T-Shirt's and st george flag's abound......
Old May 30th 2010, 1:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by osgood
Young British and angry.....Ben Anderson bbc 3 Documentary...EDL have Irish Team Leaders,who control the protest march and sing song,Mr singh is the voice of the leadership....No surrender to AL-QAEDA..T-Shirt's and st george flag's abound......
Neo-nazis with Irish and Indian leaders? That's not my kind of neo-nazi, country's gone to the dogs I tell ya.

Incidentally there were a couple of tattoed neo-nazis in the supermarket today, "AWB" it said on their shirts and tats. Could one of you informed crackpots kindly explain how an Aryan Brotherhood could be other than white?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.