Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

fsm1612 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Inifinite ??

Shouldn't there be some maximum time-frame? maybe worst case 3 yrs, so that we can prepare ourselves and just stop waiting !
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Game, set and match.

Dear Client / Authorised Contact

Please see the attached information regarding (me)

I hereby advise of recent changes to the skilled migration programme that impact the processing of this application. Please refer to the attached document.

(See attached file: 2009-10 Update on GSM processing arrangements.pdf)

[excerpt from above pdf below]

Based on current application rates for Groups 1-3, it is unlikely at this stage that applications which fall
in Groups 1-3 will be exhausted in the 2009-10 Migration Program year and processing of Groups 4
and 5 will be delayed until this has occurred.
This arrangement applies to all applications in Groups 4 and 5, irrespective of whether health and
character clearances have been provided; the date your application was submitted; whether the
application is in the final stages of processing or your nominated occupation was previously on the
CSL.
We will contact you again should there be any changes to the above arrangements.

What a waste of time, money and energy. Do I waste more, on converting to employer-sponsored or state-sponsored or do I just knock it all on the head?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robby_dog
Game, set and match.

Dear Client / Authorised Contact

Please see the attached information regarding (me)

I hereby advise of recent changes to the skilled migration programme that impact the processing of this application. Please refer to the attached document.

(See attached file: 2009-10 Update on GSM processing arrangements.pdf)

[excerpt from above pdf below]

Based on current application rates for Groups 1-3, it is unlikely at this stage that applications which fall
in Groups 1-3 will be exhausted in the 2009-10 Migration Program year and processing of Groups 4
and 5 will be delayed until this has occurred.
This arrangement applies to all applications in Groups 4 and 5, irrespective of whether health and
character clearances have been provided; the date your application was submitted; whether the
application is in the final stages of processing or your nominated occupation was previously on the
CSL.
We will contact you again should there be any changes to the above arrangements.

What a waste of time, money and energy. Do I waste more, on converting to employer-sponsored or state-sponsored or do I just knock it all on the head?
They should give us our money back -absolutely ridiculous - I feel like I have been swindled out of thousands of pounds - if a tradesman did this - there would be a public outcry - absolutely disgusgted in the Australian government - any how cheering myself up and going to Marmaris where I will quite knowingly be swindled out of hundreds of pounds but at least have a good time - TOSSERS!!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
They should give us our money back -absolutely ridiculous - I feel like I have been swindled out of thousands of pounds - if a tradesman did this - there would be a public outcry - absolutely disgusgted in the Australian government - any how cheering myself up and going to Marmaris where I will quite knowingly be swindled out of hundreds of pounds but at least have a good time - TOSSERS!!!!!!
My fiance was saying the same thing, is there anyway we can get our money back....I feel like i've just flushed 2K down the toilet.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
My fiance was saying the same thing, is there anyway we can get our money back....I feel like i've just flushed 2K down the toilet.
Capt EMZ and Essex2Sydney - Did you folks think of the SS route?

I know we are all DEC 08 applicants. I was waiting to see how things unfolded.

And finally sometime in late Feb, i just decided that I needed to get the PR even if it meant i'd need to change my career to get employed when i land in the sponsoring state. WA had my ASC code on their list and the week long intensive research (both online and over phone-a-friend) bolstered my decision to apply for WA SS.

just a thought.. it's still not too late.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

concretebob is an unknown quantity at this point

Not good for some of you people losing out on $2K I feel sorry for you. I wonder what this legislation is that they can just keep someones money, there must be too many category 175 & 176 in the system to give everyone their money back maybe they are afraid of the Dept. going broke?

Check out this

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...ndards/2.4.htm

Now if for instance I ordered an expensive car last August and the dealer said pay in full and we will deilver the car within 12 months, and then in December they say 'sorry we aint going be able to deliver that car for another 3 years and sorry we dont do refunds' would you get your money back?

Probably since on the dealers web site they had a charter stating that they will try to deliver within 12 months....

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

If you are not prepared to wait then you should demand your money back!!

just a thought...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by concretebob
Not good for some of you people losing out on $2K I feel sorry for you. I wonder what this legislation is that they can just keep someones money, there must be too many category 175 & 176 in the system to give everyone their money back maybe they are afraid of the Dept. going broke?

Check out this

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...ndards/2.4.htm

Now if for instance I ordered an expensive car last August and the dealer said pay in full and we will deilver the car within 12 months, and then in December they say 'sorry we aint going be able to deliver that car for another 3 years and sorry we dont do refunds' would you get your money back?

Probably since on the dealers web site they had a charter stating that they will try to deliver within 12 months....

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

If you are not prepared to wait then you should demand your money back!!

just a thought...
mmmm funnily enough - I ordered a bed from Argos beginning of May - told me it would be delivered within 21 days, after 21 days rang to tell me there was a delay. Couple of days later they rang me to say that the bed wasnt available till mid August - they let me cancel the bed, it wasnt that special or amazing!!!!!!- lots of parallels going on here if you look deeply into this- only difference being is that Argos let me cancel the £150 bed!!!!!!

Thanks for that ConcreteBob - should they deliver within a year!!!! I do hope so. I did seriously think along the Canberra state sponsorship - but living there is sooooo expensive - I wouldnt like to be homeless. Perhaps this was just an almighty expensive test for us - to see if we'll stick it out - I would love to stick it out but I am just a teacher in middle management who has an excellent record but have only got a PGCE for teaching kids 16+, therefore am not seen as a 'real' teacher, even if I can teach up to foundation degree level!!!! But hey ho if this is how they treat honest hardworking folk before you go and live there I am not sure any more !!!!