Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

I had applied for the 176 family sponsored visa in Mar '08. My nominated occupation (2299-79 Business & Information Professionals) is neither on the CSL or MODL. Agent confirmed my occupation is not eligible for STNI either.
So basically my appl has been thrown to the bottom of the pile with virtually no TAT for processing.

It's like a black-hole!!!

Anyone in here in the same predicament? Pls share your exps.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Originally Posted by mb_jg
I had applied for the 176 family sponsored visa in Mar '08. My nominated occupation (2299-79 Business & Information Professionals) is neither on the CSL or MODL. Agent confirmed my occupation is not eligible for STNI either.
So basically my appl has been thrown to the bottom of the pile with virtually no TAT for processing.

Im a 176 family sponsored, applied in June 08. I got a CO in December and have read that my application will continue until visa grant.
Applied as Construction Project Manager non CSL or MODL.

Just wondering, are you with an agent or DIY applicant.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Originally Posted by varsanik
Im a 176 family sponsored, applied in June 08. I got a CO in December and have read that my application will continue until visa grant.
Applied as Construction Project Manager non CSL or MODL.

Just wondering, are you with an agent or DIY applicant.
Wow, atleast you have a CO & you applied much before me, so congrats on that. I had appointed an agent since I was really busy with work & did not have time to spare for anything.

Now I feel like kicking my agent in the shin, he has started to respond very vaguely to my queries.

Is your appointed CO communicating with you, or has it stalled cause of the priority processing?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

KAYNLEE will become famous soon enough

Hi,
we applied feb '08 for 176 family sponsered visa! Still awaiting CO! So we in the same boat too!! So annoying when you see others who applied after getting a CO already Can't understand it! Our agent told us that immi can sometimes pick out cases randomly! Hope you hear something soon. Keep us posted
Kaynlee

Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

mra_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

KAYNLEE
I am from HR country and applied family sponsered visa in Feb 2008.Now
its almost a year but No CO. same suition as your,plus i am not on CLS or MODL.
I guess,we can hear from CO around 15 months,so keep in touch.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Guys, i have applied on family sponsered 176 with no CSL/MODL. Applied on Dec 3rd, 2008, DIY, from a HR country.
After seeing that folks from Jan-Feb 08 still waiting, i shouldn't even think about this OZ thing for a long long time to come. mmhhh... anyways... life goes on.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:30 am
Just Joined

I am so glad there are others in our situation. Please keep us informed guys! Good luck! Let's hope we all hear something soon!

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
hi Guys, i have applied on family sponsered 176 with no CSL/MODL. Applied on Dec 3rd, 2008, DIY, from a HR country.
After seeing that folks from Jan-Feb 08 still waiting, i shouldn't even think about this OZ thing for a long long time to come. mmhhh... anyways... life goes on.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:23 am
Plain Ol' Member

lone-star is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

We submitted our application March 08, 176 family sponsored, non-CSL, non-MODL (ASCO 2221-13). 11 months on and no sign of a CO. There's another thread in this forum for March 08 applicants, and it seems like everyone there has already gotten their visa.

Hang in there everyone, and let's keep this thread going. It really helps to know how others in the same boat are doing. Thanks!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lone-star
Hi everyone,

We submitted our application March 08, 176 family sponsored, non-CSL, non-MODL (ASCO 2221-13). 11 months on and no sign of a CO. There's another thread in this forum for March 08 applicants, and it seems like everyone there has already gotten their visa.

Hang in there everyone, and let's keep this thread going. It really helps to know how others in the same boat are doing. Thanks!
Spoke to my agent today, he is not expecting any communication from DIAC for the next 5-6 months.
But on the other hand, he is very hopeful for some reason that a CO may be allocated in that period.
It's a complete contradiction, but nevertheless the HOPE still lives on!!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Spoke to my agent today, he is not expecting any communication from DIAC for the next 5-6 months.
But on the other hand, he is very hopeful for some reason that a CO may be allocated in that period.
I lodged my 176 family sponsored visa in December 2008, non-CSL and non-MODL. I've been working and living in Australia for 2.5 years now and currently on a 457 visa, i'm expecting a very very long wait which I could deal with if it wasn't for the insecurity of my job at the moment!

Let me know how you all go!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hope so! Keep us posted. By the way which agent you with?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:31 am
Plain Ol' Member

lone-star is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent says the exact same thing. Hahah.. Says we should expect to wait up to 18 months before being allocated a CO, BUT it might still turn out to be sooner. We're not hopeful, and are prepared to wait the full 18 months (or more). All the best to everyone!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by lone-star
My agent says the exact same thing. Hahah.. Says we should expect to wait up to 18 months before being allocated a CO, BUT it might still turn out to be sooner. We're not hopeful, and are prepared to wait the full 18 months (or more). All the best to everyone!
I don't suppose anyone knows if you will get looked at sooner if you're currently on a 457?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:29 am
Just Joined

kev0531 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I think I am in the same situation here. Family sponsored, low risk country, non MODL and non CSL. I applied in 3rd June 2008, was informed that it could be 15 month waiting time.

regards
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kev0531
Hi,

I think I am in the same situation here. Family sponsored, low risk country, non MODL and non CSL. I applied in 3rd June 2008, was informed that it could be 15 month waiting time.

regards
Good to hear from you Kev, have you been assigned a case officer or still playing the waiting game? Such a long time to wait!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.