Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

I just sent off for the ASPC email today and it said that the peeps number two on down on the list should all have case officers by May 2008 so i'm guessing I could have one my September by my guessestimates...
Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

poppy913 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello fellow 176, I have a few questions abt this subclass, can someone help? I tried writing to DIMA but they replied me with a long page of generic information that is cut and paste from their website. Completely ignored my questions. So here goes:

Fees
The 1st fee $2105 is clear to me. What I am unclear is the $2925 to be paid for dependants with less than functional English. Does this only apply to dependants and not SPOUSE? Does the Spouse need to provide any proof of functional English; ie IELTS? If yes, is it at the point of application or after application is approved?

Online Application
Did I understand correctly that they only required scanned certified documents? We don't need to post the paper certified documents to them after we attached them online?

I'm not clear about 2 items on the 176 checklist:
1) Evidence of specific work experience (3 out of the last 4 years). Is the Letter of Offer with starting date of employment+ last 3 months pay slip sufficient? Or do they need last 36 payslips?
2) Evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with spouse - what sort of documents are they looking for? Photos? Bank Statements?

Last but not least, the infamouse Certify True Copy question for those who applied outside Aussieland. Where did you guys get your documents translated and certified?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLIES!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

how is everyone going with their applications?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
how is everyone going with their applications?
e2s, i have applied for WA sponsorship..thinking if i get that i might get a CO soon. but then WA state sponsoship application takes 8 - 12 weeks. i have only passed 20 days (nearly 3) so far..so the wait within wait goes on... it just makes things a bit interesting.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
e2s, i have applied for WA sponsorship..thinking if i get that i might get a CO soon. but then WA state sponsoship application takes 8 - 12 weeks. i have only passed 20 days (nearly 3) so far..so the wait within wait goes on... it just makes things a bit interesting.
Good luck and let us know how you go!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

kev0531 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, any updates on the good ppl here??

cheers,
kev
Old Apr 10th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Originally Posted by kev0531
Hi, any updates on the good ppl here??

cheers,
kev
No updates yet Kev, although I have finally broken my habit of checking the online status. I have decided to go for the student visa while my PR appl takes it's own sweet time to process. Do let me know if anyone is thinking of taking this route for now.
Good luck to everyone.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mb_jg
No updates yet Kev, although I have finally broken my habit of checking the online status. I have decided to go for the student visa while my PR appl takes it's own sweet time to process. Do let me know if anyone is thinking of taking this route for now.
Good luck to everyone.
Has anyone who has a Migration Agent been given a new timeframe for this? It seems that it keeps changing and I have no clue at all when we would even be looking at getting assigned case officers.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Hi folks

I've been sleeping at the wheel... assumed everything was ticking along nicely, CO assigned in August 08, my meds done in Dec 08 and wife and kids done in Jan 09, just expecting the finalisation and visa to come through any day. But chased DIAC when noting happened for several weeks. Then (after several days with no response) I get the email detailing all the new changes to the GSM. Holy Sh*t. We went from being "awaiting the rubber stamp" to being put to the bottom of the pile.

I don't even feel that angry, just numb. House is on the market, my employers have been told to get used to the idea of not having me around, done all the emotional fencing with the relatives, etc. and now this.

Pretty soon we'll be getting into the realms of replacing (expensive) documents in the application (e.g. police checks, meds, etc.)

Well, that's most of my story. I'm non-MODL, heading for Sydney, DIY application.

Rob
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:29 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Rob as it's a real emotional roller coaster. Life goes on hold and the worse is not knowing

How many people are asked by friends, family and employers "are you still here?" or "haven't you heard anything yet?". They watch those daft programs and think anyone can get a visa in a week

My brother has applied for this visa so we feel your pain. What's most frustrating is that there's no timeline so everyone's living in no mans land.

I wonder if any migration agent can shed any light on any possible dates bandied about
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robby_dog
Hi folks

I've been sleeping at the wheel... assumed everything was ticking along nicely, CO assigned in August 08, my meds done in Dec 08 and wife and kids done in Jan 09, just expecting the finalisation and visa to come through any day. But chased DIAC when noting happened for several weeks. Then (after several days with no response) I get the email detailing all the new changes to the GSM. Holy Sh*t. We went from being "awaiting the rubber stamp" to being put to the bottom of the pile.

I don't even feel that angry, just numb. House is on the market, my employers have been told to get used to the idea of not having me around, done all the emotional fencing with the relatives, etc. and now this.

Pretty soon we'll be getting into the realms of replacing (expensive) documents in the application (e.g. police checks, meds, etc.)

Well, that's most of my story. I'm non-MODL, heading for Sydney, DIY application.

Rob
Hi,

I thought if you got that far they had to complete your application...I really feel for you.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Hi,

I thought if you got that far they had to complete your application...I really feel for you.
Hi - that's what I thought. But trawling through the FAQ 2008-09 Migration Program Changes, q13 is "What will happen to those applications which are in the final stages of processing and where the department has requested applicants to provide health and character clearances?" The crushing reply is: The new arrangements will apply to all visa applications, including those in the final stages of processing.

Which roughly translates as: don't even bother complaining - we'll come back to you in our own sweet time. They helpfully told me I could change profession or get a state to sponsor me if I wanted to get things moving again...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi - that's what I thought. But trawling through the FAQ 2008-09 Migration Program Changes, q13 is "What will happen to those applications which are in the final stages of processing and where the department has requested applicants to provide health and character clearances?" The crushing reply is: The new arrangements will apply to all visa applications, including those in the final stages of processing.

Which roughly translates as: don't even bother complaining - we'll come back to you in our own sweet time. They helpfully told me I could change profession or get a state to sponsor me if I wanted to get things moving again...
That's nuts, u would think at that stage it would be easier just to finalise the application. But I guess that isn't their priority at the moment!

Are you able to keep in touch with your CO still?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:47 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Just wanted to say hi robby_dog, we are in the exact same position, sold our house, gave 3 months notice at work, sleeping on our mattresses, all docs met, meds finalised.........then got the news.

We have complained to our CO, who has basically said (like you guessed) its tough n there's nothing you can do about it! (no chance of appeal or telling us when they will look at our file again).:curse:

WA SSV applied last month, lets just hope that the man from WA , he say YES !?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthfect
Just wanted to say hi robby_dog, we are in the exact same position, sold our house, gave 3 months notice at work, sleeping on our mattresses, all docs met, meds finalised.........then got the news.

We have complained to our CO, who has basically said (like you guessed) its tough n there's nothing you can do about it! (no chance of appeal or telling us when they will look at our file again).:curse:

WA SSV applied last month, lets just hope that the man from WA , he say YES !?
How awful for you Perthfect . I was informed that on my 176 (non CSL, non MODL) that I might be waiting up to 3 years - YES 3 YEARS!!!! How crap is that my son is 12 and a half - he will not want to go when he's nearly 16 for gods sake!!!!!:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.