Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: Subclass 176, Non CSL, non MODL??

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
How awful for you Perthfect . I was informed that on my 176 (non CSL, non MODL) that I might be waiting up to 3 years - YES 3 YEARS!!!! How crap is that my son is 12 and a half - he will not want to go when he's nearly 16 for gods sake!!!!!:curse:
Who told you three years??? I can't believe it won't take that long surely...lets hope for all our sakes that just the very worst case scenario. We aren't always going to be in a recession and things could change again just as quickly as they have done before.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:57 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first I've heard of 3 years. Is it heresay or from a reliable source?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
This is the first I've heard of 3 years. Is it heresay or from a reliable source?
One of the employees at the agency who I use emailed me this!!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:33 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ask them to substantiate it or was it just their opinion?

There doesn't seem to be any official information on this unless you know otherwise?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:34 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I think 3 years is a worse case scenario. Realistically, the wait is more likely to be 18-24 months.

Nobody (not even DIAC) really knows.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by paulry
I think 3 years is a worse case scenario. Realistically, the wait is more likely to be 18-24 months.

Nobody (not even DIAC) really knows.
Unless this information has been officially substantiated then all it does is unwittingly scare people into making false assumptions. Emigrating is a very emotive subject and hearsay just unsettles people unnecessarily so.

I'm not saying anything has been done maliciously or for the wrong reason but let's get to the truth and see if this is gossip/hearsay or fact
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Unless this information has been officially substantiated then all it does is unwittingly scare people into making false assumptions. Emigrating is a very emotive subject and hearsay just unsettles people unnecessarily so.

I'm not saying anything has been done maliciously or for the wrong reason but let's get to the truth and see if this is gossip/hearsay or fact
I agree, try not too stress out too much. Look how quickly things have changed recently and as soon as things put up again in the market they will most probably do so again.

People they are lodging these visa's now may be pre-warned that it could take three years, but surely not people already in the process waiting - anyway that's just my personal opinion.

I couldn't wait three years as my 457 would expire by then lol.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
I agree, try not too stress out too much. Look how quickly things have changed recently and as soon as things put up again in the market they will most probably do so again.

People they are lodging these visa's now may be pre-warned that it could take three years, but surely not people already in the process waiting - anyway that's just my personal opinion.

I couldn't wait three years as my 457 would expire by then lol.
I'm not stressed thanks. I am however trying to establish fact from fiction.

These comments seem to be opinion therefore the 3 year rule is totally unsubstantiated unless I misunderstand the post
Old Apr 19th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

I'm not stressed thanks. I am however trying to establish fact from fiction.

These comments seem to be opinion therefore the 3 year rule is totally unsubstantiated unless I misunderstand the post
All I can say is that my agent is very reputable and yes I guess and hope that 3 years is the worst case scenario, yes and you're right that is someone elses opinion. Please dont forget how p*ssed I would have been when I was sent an email with that information on it, all i'm doing is relaying to you what was told to me. I have spent thousands on this so far and am hoping and praying that the visa time is a hell of a lot less than what I was told!!! All we gotta do is carry on with our lives till we hear anything, absolutely no point getting stressed about it - there is nothing we can do - best of luck to you all by the way
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

All I can say is that my agent is very reputable and yes I guess and hope that 3 years is the worst case scenario, yes and you're right that is someone elses opinion. Please dont forget how p*ssed I would have been when I was sent an email with that information on it, all i'm doing is relaying to you what was told to me. I have spent thousands on this so far and am hoping and praying that the visa time is a hell of a lot less than what I was told!!! All we gotta do is carry on with our lives till we hear anything, absolutely no point getting stressed about it - there is nothing we can do - best of luck to you all by the way
Sorry Sonlymewalter - I didnt mean you getting stressed I meant all of us in general - cos this whole thing can make you like that. Anyhows hope you've all enjoyed the sunshine today - maybe had a barbie and pretended at least for a mo you were in Oz
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

robby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the roughrobby_dog is a jewel in the rough

Hi all.

I guess we need to keep our emotions in check until the Aussie budget in Mid-May when the next round of fiddling (or not) with the GSM takes place. The reality for me is that unless I get employer-sponsored as an alternative, all bets could be off. I suppose I could look into NZ....

Anyway, just to let y'all know, I emailed the case officer to let him know exactly what I thought of applying the changes to people who'd already waited 12+ months and spent fortunes. And yes, there was a little unpalatable grovelling. It can't hurt!

I also then sent the same letter to immigration minister Chris Evans, as he is significantly more responsible for the aggro than my case officer. I respect the principles behind the changes to the GSM but the methodology seems to forget that there are real people whose lives are being turned upside-down by essentially political decisions.

Best of luck to everyone - roll on next month and some better news (I hope)

Rob
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robby_dog
Hi all.

I guess we need to keep our emotions in check until the Aussie budget in Mid-May when the next round of fiddling (or not) with the GSM takes place. The reality for me is that unless I get employer-sponsored as an alternative, all bets could be off. I suppose I could look into NZ....

Anyway, just to let y'all know, I emailed the case officer to let him know exactly what I thought of applying the changes to people who'd already waited 12+ months and spent fortunes. And yes, there was a little unpalatable grovelling. It can't hurt!

I also then sent the same letter to immigration minister Chris Evans, as he is significantly more responsible for the aggro than my case officer. I respect the principles behind the changes to the GSM but the methodology seems to forget that there are real people whose lives are being turned upside-down by essentially political decisions.

Best of luck to everyone - roll on next month and some better news (I hope)

Rob
Good on you Rob
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Good on you Rob
Good luck to all, would be interesting in hearing the response from Chris Evans. I think they don't realise like you said how all these changes affects the people.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, don't want to depress anyone, but email received on wed. from my agent, stated that applications for PR from offshore applicants who only qualify as per no. 4 on the list, ie. non CSL etc. only on SOL list could now take up to 3 years.
No news whether this applies to onshore visa applications, as well.
Have applied for 885 visa.
We will just have to wait and see, and hope this is the worst case scenario
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tomar
Hi all, don't want to depress anyone, but email received on wed. from my agent, stated that applications for PR from offshore applicants who only qualify as per no. 4 on the list, ie. non CSL etc. only on SOL list could now take up to 3 years.
No news whether this applies to onshore visa applications, as well.
Have applied for 885 visa.
We will just have to wait and see, and hope this is the worst case scenario
My personal feeling is that, that is the worst case scenario. Things only really changed because of the down-turn, I reckon by next year things will be picking up again and it will change again.

I'm going to change over to a temporary spouse visa next year if there is no change. But for the moment all we can do is play the waiting game and see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.