Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

I hope to have all my paperwork together within the next 10 days so will be in the position to submit my application then. Is anyone able to explain the best way for me to pay the $1705 1st instalment fee. Do I need to telephone the Parent Visa Centre to check how they accept payments, which I think I have read somewhere they advise you to do, or do I just add my my credit card details on the form and post off my application to the following address.
Parent Visa Centre
Wellington Central
Level 3
836 Wellington Street
West Perth
WA 6005
(if sent by courier)
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

Not been on for a while and could hardly bear to look at this thread as we have been kept waiting so long for an acknowledgment of our application. We posted on the 22 August, and knew they had received it as they removed £917.00 from our card on the 7 September, but after looking for the post every day, we had still not received by the 28 September, so we took our life in our hands and phoned PVC. A very nice lady answered and said it had been posted on the 14 September but she said she would email us a copy. So instead of looking for post every day, we started to look at email at every opportunity

AT LAST !!!!!!! copy arrived by email on 6 October, queue date on letter is 2 September. It only took them a week to send an email !!!! But at last we are on our way and have a framed copy of letter up on wall just to keep a smile on our faces

The original has STILL not turned up, think it may be stuck in a sorting office somewhere due to posties work to rule
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by durhamlad
I hope to have all my paperwork together within the next 10 days so will be in the position to submit my application then. Is anyone able to explain the best way for me to pay the $1705 1st instalment fee. Do I need to telephone the Parent Visa Centre to check how they accept payments, which I think I have read somewhere they advise you to do, or do I just add my my credit card details on the form and post off my application to the following address.
Parent Visa Centre
Wellington Central
Level 3
836 Wellington Street
West Perth
WA 6005
(if sent by courier)
Hi Just add your Credit card details on the application and you won't have any problems.

Best wishes
Les
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by sandch
It certainly looks to be heading that way. Next realignment I reckon - UK general election. Can't see interest rates being raised much before that (ref "political expediency"!). Australia put her rates up this week, which is what has made it worse.
Steve, We had our request for the 2nd Vac, on the 24th Sept. Today, as posted before, I have sent off details for payment, which should be picked up by our case officer on Monday, we have just had an ack; of the email from PVC, it also told us, our CO has been 'away' since the 2nd Oct. returning on the 12th Oct. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long for a reply!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:23 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Steve, We had our request for the 2nd Vac, on the 24th Sept. Today, as posted before, I have sent off details for payment, which should be picked up by our case officer on Monday, we have just had an ack; of the email from PVC, it also told us, our CO has been 'away' since the 2nd Oct. returning on the 12th Oct. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long for a reply!
OK - do look into the UK payment option though....
Old Oct 10th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully Home Alone and a few more red stars will be issued next week and April's batch will be cleared. Being a December acknowledgement it now looks as though it will be April/May before a CO is issued and perhaps the exchange rate will have improved as it is awful now.

suefb
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framboy
Not been on for a while and could hardly bear to look at this thread as we have been kept waiting so long for an acknowledgment of our application. We posted on the 22 August, and knew they had received it as they removed £917.00 from our card on the 7 September, but after looking for the post every day, we had still not received by the 28 September, so we took our life in our hands and phoned PVC. A very nice lady answered and said it had been posted on the 14 September but she said she would email us a copy. So instead of looking for post every day, we started to look at email at every opportunity

AT LAST !!!!!!! copy arrived by email on 6 October, queue date on letter is 2 September. It only took them a week to send an email !!!! But at last we are on our way and have a framed copy of letter up on wall just to keep a smile on our faces

The original has STILL not turned up, think it may be stuck in a sorting office somewhere due to posties work to rule
welcome aboard. good luck for a smooth journey
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by home alone
Thanks Steve, for the reply. I did try and phone PVC, but, I was 5 minutes too late, they closed at 1600hrs today! Will try again next week! (It's a problem working similar days as Pvc, when I leave before 0800hrs and return approx 1800) Regards Lin
Hi
Daughter and son in law are in perth now and we are looking to join asap. for communication would suggest looking at talktalk internationbal package, it gives free calls to land lines in Oz and for those emergency calls when at work etc carphone warehouse mobile world only charge 6p per minute to land lines and 20p per minute for mobiles. hoping to be applying in new year if CPV will allow application. very jealous congratulations to all who are well on their way.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

Original acknowledgement letter with CC reciept arrived in post today, took a month to get to us from date of posting
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:48 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
OK - do look into the UK payment option though....
This is now getting very interesting! If I transfer AUD 60,000.00 back from Oz it will give me £33,924.00 at Fridays commercial rate of 1.76863 (even more if the rate drops further). Then at DIAC's exchange rate I will only need to use £32,230.00 for the 2nd VAC, giving me £1,694.00 change! At the present exchange rate I need to transfer approx £1,694.00 to Oz to make up enough in my account there for the AUD 63,110.00 2nd VAC fee! Am I mad, or could this be done?

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Oct 11th 2009 at 5:58 pm. Reason: Added
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
This is now getting very interesting! If I transfer AUD 60,000.00 back from Oz it will give me £33,924.00 at Fridays commercial rate of 1.76863 (even more if the rate drops further). Then at DIAC's exchange rate I will only need to use £32,230.00 for the 2nd VAC, giving me £1,694.00 change! At the present exchange rate I need to transfer approx £1,694.00 to Oz to make up enough in my account there for the AUD 63,110.00 2nd VAC fee! Am I mad, or could this be done?

Cheers

Matt
Hi
don't know about the exact maths but the general idea is correct. Would recommend using something like Ozforex to check the rates both ways because wouls expect exchange rate to be about 1.72 to the pound to aus but about 1.78 from oz to uk. probably still worth it
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

think a call to the Oz Embassy in London would be a good idea first to make 100% sure they do accept payment in the UK for the CPV
Old Oct 12th 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

gotnoidea is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha gotta love this thread, seems to break all the rules but just works!

So, appreciate if anyone has some advice on this. Things are getting a bit tight with the application for a 143 PVC for my mother-in-law. We wrote to Perth and were told our message would be passed on to our CO who was copied in the response. My wife was like '...er does that mean, we've been allocated a CO?" Answer - "Yes", and nothing else. I told her to stop chasing these guys down and let them do real work for those people above us in the queue.

So, we got our papers ack'd on 12th June 2008, I'm reckoning a response on 17 October 2009. The mother-in-law is with us now and does not want to return home to France, so we want to try the short hop trip to New Caledonia, wait for all the paperwork and come back shortly after. Trouble is, she has to leave on November 4th. So doesn't really leave us with a lot of time, I was hoping to try and "pre-load" the health check. I understood forms 26 needed to be pre-printed these days? Has anyone pre-loaded meds recently? the only thing I can imagine being of value to pre-print is the OFFICE-USE only section on the first page.

We also have a reference number that looks like this : F2008/xxxxxx (all those x's are numbers). Is that our file number, or is that just a random reference from their website? anyone have any idea?

Appreciate any top tips from any members.

(And if anyone ever needs tips of getting a french mother-in-law immigrated (sp?), I'd be happy to help.)
Rich
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt, I think £1,694.00 should cover the phone call to the Oz Embassy in the UK even if it is £1 a minute!

We have our fingers crossed for you that this can be done.

Maybe ask if you can pay the $14000 bond too.

The one cloud is you will have no $s out in Oz so you are back at the mercy of the exchange rate. Could you not fund the 2nd payment from the UK while the rate is attractive and leave the $s out in Oz as starter fund?

Regards
Les
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:28 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Matt
The maths principle seems sound. Ideally however make the payment without bringing the dosh back to make sure it's the value you expect. Then you can decide whether to repatriate the dollars. If like us you didn't have 2 slugs of $60,000-odd in liquid assets however this won't be an option!
Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.