Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

goindownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by rosalinka
Reallynpleased for you Congratulations to you and everyone else getting to the end of the journey.
Thanks Rosalinka....yes, every now and again something good happens. Now we hope it's plain sailing till the visas are issued.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

ivanab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have the contact details of PVC if you need to call fro overseas?. We havent heard anything yet from oour case officer and its worrying me now
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by ivanab
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have the contact details of PVC if you need to call fro overseas?. We havent heard anything yet from oour case officer and its worrying me now
The no. to call from the UK is 0061 1300 652 21, they now have an automated answer system with lots of options! Have you ack. no. ready! (Also, they are 7hrs ahead of us at the moment) Regards Lin
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by home alone
The no. to call from the UK is 0061 1300 652 21, they now have an automated answer system with lots of options! Have you ack. no. ready! (Also, they are 7hrs ahead of us at the moment) Regards Lin
If calling Perth from the UK on a 'Landline' and you do not have a free or low cost option with your phone provider you can dial one of the following numbers first then dial the Perth number when asked and the call will cost 0.5p per minute.

0844 205 7030

0844 205 8020

0844 200 4040

0844 200 9595

These numbers change from time to time hence the choice, also they normally give a recorded voice telling you what the charge is per minute.

Anyone needing to call a mobile number in Oz from a UK landline use:

0844 439 2323 @ 3p per minute.

These costs will then appear on your normal landine phone bill.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

tonyspud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by susanRem
Hi

My daughter had the same problem. She also lives on the Mornington Peninsula and had to travel 1.5 hours to outskirts of Melbourne for appointment. She did make extensive enquiries and this was the only way. Luckily she works 3 days so could go on her day off. Other areas of Aus must be different.

Susan
thanks my daughter has done the same been on to them to explain the situation but no joy ,it must be different area different rules.
thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi Ann. this is from the letter the case officer sends to you with a request for whatever info, meds, x-rays. police clearance, form 80 & AOS is needed in each case!

"Please provide this information within 49 days after the date of this letter. If you do not respond within 49 days this application may be decided without the information requested being taken into account. If you cannot provide this information within the requested timeframe you should contact the PVC and explain why you are unable to do so. An extension of time may then be granted."

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt the 49 days is a bit of a surprise I thought that I had read somewhere that you were given 70 days, maybe they are trying to quicken up the process.
Good luck with the next phase.
Les
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi Matt the 49 days is a bit of a surprise I thought that I had read somewhere that you were given 70 days, maybe they are trying to quicken up the process.
Good luck with the next phase.
Les
Hi! I've made a copy from my original AOS letter, in Aug. 2009, hope this helps!

Please provide this information within 49 days after the date of this letter. If you do not respond within 49 days this application may be decided without the information requested being taken into account. If you cannot provide this information within the requested timeframe you should contact the PVC and explain why you are unable to do so. An extension of time will then be granted.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

"Please provide this information within 49 days after the date of this letter. If you do not respond within 49 days this application may be decided without the information requested being taken into account. If you cannot provide this information within the requested timeframe you should contact the PVC and explain why you are unable to do so. An extension of time may then be granted."

Cheers

Matt[/QUOTE]

Hi! I've made a copy from my original AOS letter, in Aug. 2009, hope this helps!

Please provide this information within 49 days after the date of this letter. If you do not respond within 49 days this application may be decided without the information requested being taken into account. If you cannot provide this information within the requested timeframe you should contact the PVC and explain why you are unable to do so. An extension of time will then be granted.
Snap
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:40 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All
I've been away for a couple of days and am creaking under the weight of a sudden extreme workload. I see quite a few comments to catch up on! Bear with me, we should be back up to date by the end of the day.
Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:19 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
If it's a sterling credit card, the issuing bank will determine the exchange rate at the time the transaction is processed by DIAC, who simply put it through in dollars. Interestingly, with the rate so low now, has anyone considered paying in sterling using the DIAC official rate; which at 1.95 looks really attractive? I don't understand how this can work, unless DIAC hedges the rate for 6 months - being the government I expect you can do what you like..

However on $33,000 the difference is about £2,000 so worth looking into.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm
Just reposting this for Lin.....
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Steve, (thought you had found another site) remember my post on Oct. 9th when I waffled on' well it was this site, I had in the back of my mind, before submitting my payment details! I am still in communication with my CO/bank ref; my payment, like others you communicate, explain, they say all received and is ok! but when it happens, all is forgotten etc; so you have to start over again!

Oh! by the way, welcome back, wondered where you were, you were missed
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I received from Immi. yesterday, that my payment was declined!
we had trans. over £33,000.00 to our account, (there was a safety net of another £2,000.00) the currencey converter, made the total conversion as £32,230.00 required. I have just phoned my bank, to find out, what was the problem, and was told, the amount Immi. was asking for, was £36,737.76!

The UK rates, from receiving our email, ref; being allocated a CO, Aug.27th, and getting the request for the 2nd Vac. 30ish' days, the cost had risen by £4,000.00?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

The cost should be based on the published figures at the time your application was acknowledged!!!!

Check it out.

Charlie
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

The cost should be based on the published figures at the time your application was acknowledged!!!!

Check it out.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie, that would be nearer £27,000.00, I wish! even at the time of being allocated a CO it would have been, approx, £32,000.00.

When our CO notified me yesterday that my payment was declined, I reminded him about the currency converter etc; All his next email said, was, we should check with the on going interest rates! This morning I emailed him again, asking for a better exchange rate, giving all the details, as above, but he hasn't answered? Where can I go from here?

Last edited by home alone; Oct 14th 2009 at 9:15 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:28 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received from Immi. yesterday, that my payment was declined!
we had trans. over £33,000.00 to our account, (there was a safety net of another £2,000.00) the currencey converter, made the total conversion as £32,230.00 required. I have just phoned my bank, to find out, what was the problem, and was told, the amount Immi. was asking for, was £36,737.76!

The UK rates, from receiving our email, ref; being allocated a CO, Aug.27th, and getting the request for the 2nd Vac. 30ish' days, the cost had risen by £4,000.00?
Hi. Yesterdays commercial exchange rate was 1.7445 Oz dollars to the £. Your visa fees must be 31,555 x 2 = 63,110, then 63,110/1.7445 = £36,176 approx. So they are right I am afraid to say.

I have emailed our CO to ask if we can pay the 2nd fee in the UK, in London which would bring you back to £32,400 approx at the set exchange rate. I have had no reply so am going to phone London myself today.

Unfortunately the rate is continually falling and against us/you!

Cheers

Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.