British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/still-very-sparkly-contributory-parent-visa-thread-part-3-a-632530/)

moneypenny20 Sep 25th 2009 8:56 am

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

And so we start another thread continuing on from here.

And..... continue :D

home alone Sep 25th 2009 10:55 am

Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

:) What you have to watch out for, when getting involved with exchange co.'s is that on their 'front page' it says a %, for that time, which is called the middle range, but when you delve in further, it changes, quiet a lot, usually lower! They always start off, by saying that they do not charge to transfer money, that there will not be any bank charges at the destination, and that they also do not make any exceptions, for 'cards', but do warn you, if you use a credit card, the card co. might make a charge! (I have found in the past, transferring money, with exchange co.'s, by DD card, the rate, on the same day, was a good bit higher, than with a CC ???) :huh: Regards Lin

jovipk Sep 25th 2009 12:21 pm

Contributory PR Parent Visa Class

Hi,

Can any one tell what are the benifits associated with this visa that will my parents will get in OZ, as the price is so high there should be a justification for it.

Thx!

donovandenese Sep 25th 2009 1:05 pm

"to complete what appears to be a straight forward form" - i think here is where the danger lies. The forms may well appear to be straightforward but the legislation behind them, and its correct interpretation, can be quite complex.

Most of us posting on the forum are sharing our experiences rather than offering advice as such - because without knowing the full circumstances of an individuals situation it would be impossible to offer advice with 100% accuracy.

I didnt use an agent to apply for my own spouse visa, or my mums CPV. Our cases were relatively straightforward and with lots of research I felt comfortable dealing with these applications myself, along with the shared experiences and support of those on this forum. I will however be using an agent for my dads CPV as I believe his circumstances are more complex and I wouldnt want to interpret the legislation incorrectly and put at risk his chances of getting the visa.

durhamlad Sep 25th 2009 2:03 pm

I have just downloaded the forms to print off and are about to start the process of filling them in but already have a couple of queries.

It seems to me that the Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 864) is the best Visa to go for better than the Contributory Parent - Migrant (subclass 143) visa but you have to be in Oz when applying.
Or am I reading it wrong and there is no difference between them.

Is anyone able to explain how this works e.g. can you be on holiday in Oz when submitting the form.

The other queries are do you have to disclose a UK parking ticket from 2-3 years ago and a Oz speeding fine I just picked up this summer.

Pollyana Sep 25th 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Contributory PR Parent Visa Class

Originally Posted by jovipk (Post 7964377)
Hi,

Can any one tell what are the benifits associated with this visa that will my parents will get in OZ, as the price is so high there should be a justification for it.

Thx!

They get to migrate to Australia, which is presumably is what they want.

rosalinka Sep 25th 2009 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by durhamlad (Post 7964603)
I have just downloaded the forms to print off and are about to start the process of filling them in but already have a couple of queries.

It seems to me that the Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 864) is the best Visa to go for better than the Contributory Parent - Migrant (subclass 143) visa but you have to be in Oz when applying.

Is anyone able to explain how this works e.g. can you be on holiday in Oz when submitting the form.

The other queries are do you have to disclose a UK parking ticket from 2-3 years ago and a Oz speeding fine I just picked up this summer.

Yes you have to be in Oz to apply for aged cpv.
Don't know how you can apply as on a tourist visa i think you have to honestly intend to return home
Have not mentioned speeding fine in UK as not a case which went to court.but thats how i see it . perhaps someone else is better able to answer

sirmatt101 Sep 25th 2009 10:08 pm

Re: Contributory PR Parent Visa Class

Originally Posted by jovipk (Post 7964377)
Hi,

Thx!

Go to this page http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

Cheers

Matt

Les Avalook Sep 26th 2009 1:36 pm

Just had in the post an acknowledgement for receipt of first payment of 143 visa and the letter states that case officers are currently processing applications that were lodged on 01 May 2008. So no reduction in times yet.:(

Barbaran Sep 26th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7964011)
And so we start another thread continuing on from here.

And..... continue :D

Did I miss something did we come to the end of the other thread? :confused: I wanted to thank Alan for his link and valued professional advice.

Busy B

david day Sep 27th 2009 12:41 am

hi quick update for the tracker our AOS bond was placed 22/9/09:thumbsup:.We had to change our AOS at the last minute.We are now awaiting the call for 2nd vac. David & Carol

Les Avalook Sep 27th 2009 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Barbaran (Post 7967201)
Did I miss something did we come to the end of the other thread? :confused: I wanted to thank Alan for his link and valued professional advice.

Busy B

You could email him directly at; http://www.gomatilda.com/

sirmatt101 Sep 27th 2009 9:36 am

Originally Posted by david day (Post 7968046)
hi quick update for the tracker our AOS bond was placed 22/9/09:thumbsup:.We had to change our AOS at the last minute.We are now awaiting the call for 2nd vac. David & Carol

Great news, you are getting there slowly like the rest of us.

Cheers

Matt.

rosalinka Sep 27th 2009 9:58 am

You have to be on a 'substantive' visa in Oz. Go thru the minefield of the parent visa site at immi and get to eligibility for this visa

Vindy Sep 27th 2009 4:03 pm

Go and read this furum it explains how you can apply for an aged visa on a tourist visa.http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4509

Regards
Les