Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
The confimation given out earlier is now in doubt, there has been further checking of this postion off thread but still waiting for the first person to successfully pay or fail to pay in the UK.

The part in question is:

Reg 5.36 Payment of visa application charges, and fees, in foreign currencies

5.36 (1) Payment of a fee, other than a visa application charge mentioned in subregulation (3A), must be made:
(a) in a place, being Australia or a foreign country, that is specified for the purposes of this paragraph by Gazette Notice; and
(b) in a currency that is specified for the purposes of this paragraph by Gazette Notice as a currency in which a fee may be paid in that place.

Regards, Les
Mums case officer back in March did say the money had to be paid in Australia - but hopefully this will work for someone in the short time before Immig change their exchange rates!
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:38 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Mums case officer back in March did say the money had to be paid in Australia - but hopefully this will work for someone in the short time before Immig change their exchange rates!
Watch this space for news of this soon folks.......
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:41 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donovandenese
my understanding is that the 2nd visa payment also has to be made to the PVC in Australia - as confirmed by Australia House in London (see earlier posts)
I recommend taking this matter to a higher authority if this is what you are being advised in London and/or Perth.

Best regards.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:04 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walna
Hi Matt, We have fallen so far behind you. Apparently we were given a CO on 16th September, but we never received the e.mail. Phoned PVC last Monday (19th Oct) and managd to find out who she was.

Had a frantic week trying to get everything done and in the post (still not heard about police forms - they will arrive late). Problem with my medical (have to wait and see if they accept me)

We have just over one week to go before the 49 day deadline. What with the postal strikes etc. etc..

We live in hope.

Very good luck to you and yours Matt. Cheers Ann
Thats not good news at all Ann! Its not an isolated case of not getting the email either. You can ask the case officer to extend the 49 days if need be, giving the reason as late notification, they owe you that at least.

Rather than risk sending mail during the postal strikes go to http://www.interparcel.com/ and arrange to send your forms by DHL document express, it will only cost +/- £20, takes 4 days to get there and can be tracked door to door! If you do use this method, don't forget to use the street address, not the PO Box one!

I hope all goes well for you, may just take a little longer so don't be panicked by the loss of time, good luck.

Matt
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Les

Reg 5.36 is the law. London have no choice, they must accept payment of any 1st or 2nd VAV in London in Sterling as set at the rate back in 01 July 2009. London can only dictate the method of payment that the ywill accept. Will be re-set less favourably on 01 January 2010.

Perth have been wrongly advising that it must be paid in Australia. I saw one such advice saying it MAY be paid in London but that it sometimes leads to a delay in reconciling the payment and therefore it MUST be paid in Australia - absolute rubbish - they are making it up as they go along.

If anyone has a problem paying 2nd VAC in London, Ccontact me and I will follow up with London direct.

Regards

Tony
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:23 pm

Thank you Tony. We have a "test case" in progress at the moment following your earlier guidance, and we are anxiously awaiting the outcome. She has had to jump through some odd hoops so far, but we expect a result this week.

Thanks also to Alan for reinforcing this advice.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Thats not good news at all Ann! Its not an isolated case of not getting the email either. You can ask the case officer to extend the 49 days if need be, giving the reason as late notification, they owe you that at least.

Rather than risk sending mail during the postal strikes go to http://www.interparcel.com/ and arrange to send your forms by DHL document express, it will only cost +/- £20, takes 4 days to get there and can be tracked door to door! If you do use this method, don't forget to use the street address, not the PO Box one!

I hope all goes well for you, may just take a little longer so don't be panicked by the loss of time, good luck.

Matt
Many thanks Matt for all the information. Cheers Ann
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:14 am
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Hugh I will have a look
Moira
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm here!!! Arrived on Sunday so this is day 2 of the rest of my life - and a very good life is will be too. Although it is early days I have already forgotten the hassle and trauma of the process - so all of you who are still battling the system - it will be worth it! No doubt when I submit the application for the 143 the trauma will start all over again but just for the moment life is good. I do hope that all of you will experience the same euphoria soon.
Jean
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Well, I'm here!!! Arrived on Sunday so this is day 2 of the rest of my life - and a very good life is will be too. Although it is early days I have already forgotten the hassle and trauma of the process - so all of you who are still battling the system - it will be worth it! No doubt when I submit the application for the 143 the trauma will start all over again but just for the moment life is good. I do hope that all of you will experience the same euphoria soon.
Jean
hi jean, looks like you have arrived to good weather in Adelaide!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:47 pm

Glad you have been able to drop by the CPV thread Jean. We hope it all lives up to your expectations and you settle in smoothly. Best wishes. Steve
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:53 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jean
Hi & greetings Jean from far off Norfolk. Great to hear that you are there and starting your new life. Just to let you know that you are missing blue skies and 24C temps here, oh sorry, read F for C

Keep us updated with progress on the 143 & life in general!

All the best

Matt
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Jean
Nice to hear you have arrived in sunny Adelaide, good luck, we will be in touch
Ruth & Phil
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve could you please up date the tracker our police checks & meds have been done & almost cleared today 28th Oct

Phils med forms go to Melbourne as he is taking a prescription for hyper tension but they assure us there is no problem, from there his forms get sent to Perth. The drs here in Adelaide were great, I saled through my medical and hold my envelope which mustn`t be opened. Hope that Case officer doesnt take too long we reckon it could be late Dec early Jan before we here.The HSA also advise us here that when the CO contacts us they can refer to a reference number for the medicals so it is all on line.

Good luck to everyone else in the process,

Ruth & Phil
Old Oct 27th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by ruth-phil
Steve could you please up date the tracker our police checks & meds have been done & almost cleared today 28th Oct

Phils med forms go to Melbourne as he is taking a prescription for hyper tension but they assure us there is no problem, from there his forms get sent to Perth. The drs here in Adelaide were great, I saled through my medical and hold my envelope which mustn`t be opened. Hope that Case officer doesnt take too long we reckon it could be late Dec early Jan before we here.The HSA also advise us here that when the CO contacts us they can refer to a reference number for the medicals so it is all on line.

Good luck to everyone else in the process,

Ruth & Phil
Hi! Good luck, hypertension, shouldn't be a problem, most cpv applicants are at that age where it is the norm, if you weren't suffering before, you certainly will after the process of applying for this visa!

Regards Lin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.