Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by goindownunder
Looks like all the May 2008 acknowledgements have now been appointed CO's.... this is great news, and shows that the CPV train is moving again.

I'm tempted to give the PVC a call, as it seems to have worked for everybody, but as we fall into the June 08 batch, it may take another month before they allocate. Maybe i should wait a week or three.
No harm in trying, Just got back from a few days in Cornwall and what a diference a few days make good luck to all those who have a case officer.

Les
Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Featherbottom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
They need to pop out of the country to get the visa issued, but it can be in a nearby territory with an Australian embassy, doesn't have to be the UK. To the best of my knowledge.
Thanks for coming back to me guys, can I just clarify the terminology used here, sorry if I'm being a bit slow, when you say "issued" do you mean as in when they put it in the passport, or when they notify you that you are successful? Just trying to understand the process

thanks again
Mrs F.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:39 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Visas are granted once the applicant has departed Australia (the DIAC case officer can check this via the movement records which update upon passing through immigration on departure from Australia).

Evidencing of the visa (the sticking of the visa label in the passport) then takes place at the chosen overseas Australian Mission.

Best regards.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

david day is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Featherbottom
Thanks for coming back to me guys, can I just clarify the terminology used here, sorry if I'm being a bit slow, when you say "issued" do you mean as in when they put it in the passport, or when they notify you that you are successful? Just trying to understand the process

thanks again
Mrs F.
hi mrs featherbottom,My husband and I are in Perth we have been for 2 years on a 410 retirement visa,april 08 we put in for 143 cpv on shore,we have gone down the long road waiting for a CO,UK and OZ police checks,medical's,our family have done assurance of support bond, and we have paid 2nd vac,we are now awaiting a letter from our CO telling us our visa as been granted we then have to go off shore to validate it in our case we are going to Bali,for a weeks holiday to destress.The visa as taken about 19 months in total,once you get your CO they will guide you every step of the way. good luck you will be fine,we did it all without an agent,and good infomation given on this British Expats site. David & Carol
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Visas are granted once the applicant has departed Australia (the DIAC case officer can check this via the movement records which update upon passing through immigration on departure from Australia).

Evidencing of the visa (the sticking of the visa label in the passport) then takes place at the chosen overseas Australian Mission.

Best regards.
Hi Alan, many thanks for clarifying this for me, just helps to get a better picture of what to expect!

Mrs F.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by david day
hi mrs featherbottom,My husband and I are in Perth we have been for 2 years on a 410 retirement visa,april 08 we put in for 143 cpv on shore,we have gone down the long road waiting for a CO,UK and OZ police checks,medical's,our family have done assurance of support bond, and we have paid 2nd vac,we are now awaiting a letter from our CO telling us our visa as been granted we then have to go off shore to validate it in our case we are going to Bali,for a weeks holiday to destress.The visa as taken about 19 months in total,once you get your CO they will guide you every step of the way. good luck you will be fine,we did it all without an agent,and good infomation given on this British Expats site. David & Carol
Hiya David & Carol thanks for your info! Fingers crossed the paperwork comes through soon for you - the waiting is so frustrating! The in-laws have been living nomadically for about 2 years now and I think it's safe to say we are all ready to move on and have homes of our own again! Hopefully the CO will be appointed before xmas and we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Was wondering, susanRem, said back in August that she used a CC to pay her 2nd Vac, what % rate do they go by? Do you just sent your details, to PVC, and wait to find out how much they actually deduct? It appeared easier this way, to transfer money to a CC, from our direct debit card! (HiFX actually say they don't 'charge' but when you go through their systems, they give you 2-3% lower than standard rates, so they do 'charge' really)

I've waffled on, hope someone out there understands me! Regards Lin
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:44 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Was wondering, susanRem, said back in August that she used a CC to pay her 2nd Vac, what % rate do they go by? Do you just sent your details, to PVC, and wait to find out how much they actually deduct? It appeared easier this way, to transfer money to a CC, from our direct debit card! (HiFX actually say they don't 'charge' but when you go through their systems, they give you 2-3% lower than standard rates, so they do 'charge' really)

I've waffled on, hope someone out there understands me! Regards Lin
If it's a sterling credit card, the issuing bank will determine the exchange rate at the time the transaction is processed by DIAC, who simply put it through in dollars. Interestingly, with the rate so low now, has anyone considered paying in sterling using the DIAC official rate; which at 1.95 looks really attractive? I don't understand how this can work, unless DIAC hedges the rate for 6 months - being the government I expect you can do what you like..

However on $33,000 the difference is about £2,000 so worth looking into.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm

Last edited by sandch; Oct 9th 2009 at 8:46 am.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
If it's a sterling credit card, the issuing bank will determine the exchange rate at the time the transaction is processed by DIAC, who simply put it through in dollars. Interestingly, with the rate so low now, has anyone considered paying in sterling using the DIAC official rate; which at 1.95 looks really attractive? I don't understand how this can work, unless DIAC hedges the rate for 6 months - being the government I expect you can do what you like..

However on $33,000 the difference is about £2,000 so worth looking into.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/converter.htm
Thanks Steve
Will keep that in mind when we get to that stage.

Les
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Thanks Steve, for the reply. I did try and phone PVC, but, I was 5 minutes too late, they closed at 1600hrs today! Will try again next week! (It's a problem working similar days as Pvc, when I leave before 0800hrs and return approx 1800) Regards Lin
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Vindy
Thanks Steve
Will keep that in mind when we get to that stage.

Les
It can go the other way though - when it was first set it was an unattractive rate; and it will be adjusted next on 1 Jan 2010 I expect. Worth monitoring as the big payment approaches and if your funds are in sterling.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by home alone
Thanks Steve, for the reply. I did try and phone PVC, but, I was 5 minutes too late, they closed at 1600hrs today! Will try again next week! (It's a problem working similar days as Pvc, when I leave before 0800hrs and return approx 1800) Regards Lin
At what stage are you Lin? Have they asked for the Big One yet?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:50 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi, our son has his Centrelink AOS interview on Friday 9th. When he phoned the number given on the form he was told that the branch (somewhere in Brisbane) he is using does "walk ins" for the AOS, no need to book!!

Cheers

Matt
Well my son went to Centrelink today for the AOS interview, and this is from his email just received!

"I have been to Centrelink this afternoon and they no longer do the interviews at the Centrelinks but merely check through the paperwork and also take copies of the paperwork / your forms / proof of id etc and forward them onto a central processing office who will check through the forms etc and let you know the outcome.

The woman said it normally takes around 14 days but on the form it has a date of 6/11/09 which is the longest it will take should they require anymore details or forms etc.

She said they will post out an outcome to me and also if its all alright it will contain the details of where and how to open this bank account of which I must then take proof into them again. "

Yet another way of doing things! Is this just this particular branch, as we have seen on here of, Centrelink, Commonwealth Bank and back to Centrelink all in the same day?

Its a good thing I have a little bit of patience left, although its fast dwindling!

The possibility of getting the visas through before our trip down under is slipping further away! In fact I think its gone now.

I was a happy person

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Hi Mark

If you look back to the post by Home alone (my mum) I went through exactly the same thing about a month ago. It did worry me but the letter was back within a week. I then went into the bank (had to make an appointment and the small town I work in hadn't done one before so took longer). I then went straight to the Centrelink office next door and all was sent off. Got a confirmation of acceptance within another week.

Debs
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Well my son went to Centrelink today for the AOS interview, and this is from his email just received!

"I have been to Centrelink this afternoon and they no longer do the interviews at the Centrelinks but merely check through the paperwork and also take copies of the paperwork / your forms / proof of id etc and forward them onto a central processing office who will check through the forms etc and let you know the outcome.

The woman said it normally takes around 14 days but on the form it has a date of 6/11/09 which is the longest it will take should they require anymore details or forms etc.

She said they will post out an outcome to me and also if its all alright it will contain the details of where and how to open this bank account of which I must then take proof into them again. "

Yet another way of doing things! Is this just this particular branch, as we have seen on here of, Centrelink, Commonwealth Bank and back to Centrelink all in the same day?

Its a good thing I have a little bit of patience left, although its fast dwindling!

The possibility of getting the visas through before our trip down under is slipping further away! In fact I think its gone now.

I was a happy person

Cheers

Matt
have u let your CO know the dates of your visit to Oz? most CO's will do the best they can to finalise things if at all possible to help you out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.