Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:49 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Was I THAT bad ?

Cheers

Matt
The outpouring of relief in all the replies following your news is palpable. You put life into the thread and echoed most peoples' feelings!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:50 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
not everyone has been asked for it - not sure why. we sent mums in with the original application. when dad recently applied he didnt have all the info to hand for form 80 so we planned to send it later, but it was actually requested as part of the acknowledgement - so was sent in then
I was wondering if the fact that one has lived/worked in certain countries is the reason for form 80. We lived for 15 yrs in South Africa, plus I was in the forces for another 15 and travelled all over?

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jat1968
Hi Matt,

Congratulations on getting a case officer, at last!!

Re question 13, for my mum, we just put consecutive British passpot held since...(the approx date of 1st issue) to present and then stated the current passport number, date of issue, passport office etc... They must of been happy with this as no further info was requested. Hope this helps,
best wishes
Julie
Hi Julie

I think this is a good idea for a quick return of the form as we have all the other info to hand. Meantime will get the details if possible from the passport office just in case the CO does require it!

Many thanks

Matt
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:04 am

Many thanks to all for the congrats and all the info on passports. Thats what this forum is all about, sharing!

I am hoping that walna & scooter have been allocated COs and that the rest of May 2008 "class" will hear soon.

Thanks

Matt
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, heres a question that hopefully someone maybe able to help with.

Question 13 on form 80 asks for details of ALL passports ever issued to you. We haven't kept any of our old ones so obviously don't have any details which we will have to put as an answer, any other ideas? Anyone else had the same problem?

And we thought that on getting a case officer it would get easier

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt
Put down your present Passport numbers and not known for any of the past ones you will be ok, yes form 80 is a pain filling in the details of all the holidays for the last ten years took a lot of thought, we have filled in ours already and I'm not expecting our CO untill Jan/Feb
Ps the first time I filled out form 80 I realised that it was out of date I had downloaded the form last year and it had changed this year glad I noticed I might have sent in the wrong one.

Good luck
Les & Babs
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:24 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering if the fact that one has lived/worked in certain countries is the reason for form 80. We lived for 15 yrs in South Africa, plus I was in the forces for another 15 and travelled all over?

Cheers

Matt
It is really - to check you've behaved well in places where you've spent a year or more in the last 10 years. Putting together the list was interesting to say the least, and that's where the old passports came in handy. In my case, memory would have been useless.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to all for the congrats and all the info on passports. Thats what this forum is all about, sharing!

I am hoping that walna & scooter have been allocated COs and that the rest of May 2008 "class" will hear soon.

Thanks

Matt
Not a word yet - it must be this week!!!! Had a few health issues - waiting for results then we can go ahead with our medicals. Can't be long now surely!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Walna
Not a word yet - it must be this week!!!! Had a few health issues - waiting for results then we can go ahead with our medicals. Can't be long now surely!!!
Try a phone call, it seems to work!

Good luck

Matt
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by sandch
It is really - to check you've behaved well in places where you've spent a year or more in the last 10 years. Putting together the list was interesting to say the least, and that's where the old passports came in handy. In my case, memory would have been useless.
Funnily enough we have taken digital photos of all our holidays & trips abroad and I have saved them all on an external hard drive. Have just accessed that and hey presto we now have all the exact dates we need for that particular question on the form!

One problem for us, is that having sold the house in 2007 and putting everything in store a lot of relevant documents are in store, but fortunately having prepared our work histories for an EN457 visa we have a lot of it on PC!

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Oct 3rd 2009 at 9:35 am. Reason: Additions
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
I contacted the Passport office who passed me onto the Disclosure of Information people:
I think I have attached a copy of the letter they sent me asking for various bits of info. If the attachement is not available contact me direct and I will send it to you.
Many thanks for the attachment. It is very useful to me and also to anyone else who finds they don't have their previous passport information. Once again shows how much info one can find on here.

Thanks

Matt
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sirmatt101;7985873]Many thanks for the attachment. It is very useful to me and also to anyone else who finds they don't have their previous passport information. Once again shows how much info one can find on here.

For anyone else who might have the same problem the information required is:
  • Evidence of your identity, such as a copy of your passport, driving licence or an original of a recent utility bill. (Any original documents will be copied and sent back to you, but photocopies you send to us will only be returned upon your written request)
  • A cheque or postal order for £10 (made payable to the Identity and Passport Service), this being the fee charged by the Data Protection Act 1998 for the Subject Access Request.
  • Any information that you can supply which might help us to locate the information about yourself, which you are seeking. This should include your full name, place and date of birth and details of any name changes and the dates they occurred.
  • A signed request for the information you are seeking.
The address is:

Disclosure of Information
Peterborough Searching Team
Identity and Passport Service
Aragon Court
Northminster Road
Peterborough
PE1 1QG

Tel 01733 888242
Fax 01733 896956
Web www.ips.gov.uk

At the moment the contact is Michael Morley.

It goes without saying that this is the passport office relevant to the region I am in - but I am sure that the information is constant and that each region probably has its own office.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
yep thats the only way......i've taken mum off all the mailing lists on email for foreign exchange rates, property prices etc - the money is now moved, she's here, she's found a house, her possessions are 3 weeks from arrival.....and grandchild number 1 is 10 weeks from being born...its a whole new start for her and she cant wait....
Hi there, such a good news story and gives us all so much to look forward to.
We wish mum and the mum in waiting, all the very best for a very happy future and we hope to be in exactly the same position by this time next year including the 1st grandchild!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Ok here it comes, backflip, somersault, headstand, one arm press ups, Yes, todays the day. Just received an email from our case officer, got to fill in form 80 (character assessment) and arrange AOS, so obviously they have received the medicals & police clearance certificate sent in July! Hopefully walna has had some good news today as well?

Could you update the timeline please Steve?

Now I am a happy chappy

Matt
Matt, so happy, happy, happy for you but don't leave us we would miss your lovely sense of humour!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Matt, so happy, happy, happy for you but don't leave us we would miss your lovely sense of humour!
Don't worry, it will take more than the allocation of a CO to get rid of me, (oh no I hear them all groan ).

I will be around for a long while yet.

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:51 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Ok here it comes, backflip, somersault, headstand, one arm press ups, Yes, todays the day.
Could you update the timeline please Steve?
Matt
Hi Everyone,
Can someone give me a link to a timeline for contributory parents please?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.