Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Want2binAus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Nope the battery was against a woman just a bit older than me, 17 or 18 at the time, and ok thanks, i don't mind if they question anything as long as they give us chance to explain what i stated above, i mean in the past me and my Partner have made stupid mistake but other than that we are a genuine couple inesting alot of money into it all and surely they would see this and realise, thanks ever so much for your help Pollyana, great advice.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2binAus
Nope the battery was against a woman just a bit older than me, 17 or 18 at the time, and ok thanks, i don't mind if they question anything as long as they give us chance to explain what i stated above, i mean in the past me and my Partner have made stupid mistake but other than that we are a genuine couple inesting alot of money into it all and surely they would see this and realise, thanks ever so much for your help Pollyana, great advice.
They certainly would give you a chance to explain if they were taking the caution into account See far worse offenses admitted on here though, and they have made no difference to visa grants
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you are completely honest and above board with the details, any mitigating circumstances, findings, proof of good behaviour etc since you are less likely to have a problem. It's when people lie, 'forget' stuff, aren't forthcoming etc and DIAC then find out about the information that problems start.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Want2binAus is an unknown quantity at this point

So although my agent has said to leave it out you guys think that as soon as we are assigned a CO we should contact them and explain? Just say maybe 'look we didn't include them in the form as they are only cautions not covictions? Or just to leave it? Thank you all
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2binAus
So although my agent has said to leave it out you guys think that as soon as we are assigned a CO we should contact them and explain? Just say maybe 'look we didn't include them in the form as they are only cautions not covictions? Or just to leave it? Thank you all
It's up to you but with regards most things, including DIAC, honesty is the best policy. If the application has gone in and you've ticked the 'no convictions' box, and anything at all shows up on your PCC, DIAC will want to know why they weren't mentioned. If they weren't serious offences it won't affect your application but DIAC could conclude that if you've not mentioned the offences, there may be other stuff you've lied about by omission. They may not, they may ignore it but it's impossible for anyone to say with 100% conviction what a CO will or won't do on a particular day.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

belles is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the help Mazza.

Just got off phone to High Commission in London to ask about getting back some older photos ie none digital once we've submitted the application. They told me that we shouldn't be sending in originals of photos/cards/invitations etc and implied that we didn't need half the info we've pulled together as we have evidence of having lived together for over the three years....ie tenancy agreements and council tax bills. They said we'll be asked for any other evidence they might need but that they won't really look at photos (we only need to submit three or four) or evidence of trips! Quite how you're supposed to prove the social context in lgiht of this gem of info I don't know....but we're still going bung in some stuff as we don't really want to be asked to provide anything else.

I'm clearly going to have to cull our evidence tonight ready for tomorrow's submission.

What I stupidly forgot to ask is how you're supposed to write about physical support in the statement - I've done mine, hubby still doing his now he's written the sponsorship statement. I've just put in about physical contact, any routines we have but he's thinking of putting in DIY around house etc. Does that sound about right?

And they're getting my statement handwritten but not in block capitals as that's too much for hands more used to typing to deal with

Can't wait to have to revisit everything tonight when I collect yet another statement about our relationship from a friends.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by belles

Just got off phone to High Commission in London to ask about getting back some older photos ie none digital once we've submitted the application. They told me that we shouldn't be sending in originals of photos/cards/invitations etc and implied that we didn't need half the info we've pulled together as we have evidence of having lived together for over the three years....ie tenancy agreements and council tax bills. They said we'll be asked for any other evidence they might need but that they won't really look at photos (we only need to submit three or four) or evidence of trips! Quite how you're supposed to prove the social context in lgiht of this gem of info I don't know....but we're still going bung in some stuff as we don't really want to be asked to provide anything else.

I'm clearly going to have to cull our evidence tonight ready for tomorrow's submission.

What I stupidly forgot to ask is how you're supposed to write about physical support in the statement - I've done mine, hubby still doing his now he's written the sponsorship statement. I've just put in about physical contact, any routines we have but he's thinking of putting in DIY around house etc. Does that sound about right?

And they're getting my statement handwritten but not in block capitals as that's too much for hands more used to typing to deal with

Can't wait to have to revisit everything tonight when I collect yet another statement about our relationship from a friends.
We've always said on here to never send original photos in and to only send a few scanned onto one or two a4 sheets. Photos mean nothing, they can be forged. You simply mention what holidays you've been on together, weddings, etc etc etc. Don't stress with the statement, if he wants to put in about DIY, it's entirely up to you. They just want to see that your relationship is joint, close and ongoing, too much detail will bore them. Don't stress it.

Another thing, everything should be on a4 paper, no staples, no clips, no folders etc etc. They simply open the envelope, dump the application in the scanner and work from the computer. Any odd bits of paper, clips etc will stuff them up and slow them down.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by belles

Hi Belles, As Moneypenny suggested, I submitted A4 sheets(4 pages I think)with 4 photos on each annotated with date and place, this linked to holidays highlighted in the social context and evidence provided e.g. holiday bookings with both names stated, wedding invitations to both of us etc. The photos also quite helpfully showed me with changing hair styles and colour over the years! Also in the social context we talked about the activities we have in common like going to the gym/pub/travel/cinema and also our individual pursuits. We also highlighted family events and celebrations.

And yes we also talked about how we divided household chores, cooking, gardening, DIY etc. in our personal statements. We word processed ours and then signed and dated them.

I forgot to say that in the sponsorship part we also talked about a savings account that my OH still has in Oz and the money we expected to have saved here prior to the move. He sent a copy of most recent statements.

Remember you are in a very fortunate position in that you have plenty of evidence from which to select.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

It's there and all paid for :-) Should hear from case officer in about five days they said. Apparently a seven inch pile is nothing compared to the size of lots of the ones they receive.

Ended up putting in travel itineraries for trips we've mentioned in the statements and supporting photos, making sure there are some from each year, inc trips to Oz showing us with family and friends there. They'll see there have been an awful lot in the section listing all countries visited in last ten yeara. I ran out of space on the additional info sheet and had to put in an extra sheet with 2002-2004 on!!! If they want to see more itineraries and photos we have them ready. Also put in email invitations and photos of social events in each year since we met. I have a heck of a lot of back up evidence if they want it ;-)

Also just popped in a couple of bank statements from each year showing flow of money between us. Plenty more of those too, if they want :-)

Yes, very lucky we've been filing everything for the last eight years but we did have to write wills yesterday!!

Fingers crossed now and happily the lady in Australia House said job situation much better, "back home" too :-) Next project is the CV but for now a relaxing break in France beckons...

Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know how we get on (the number of times I had to stop the OH from stapling, paperclipping or putting things in plastic wallets was ridiculous but I kept quoting the forum advice at him!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

So, just got a call from my case officer. Everything's in order and she's going to send me an email about going for medical and police checks.

Ah, and I need to collect the evidence we submitted that they don't need - was more than enough apparently....

Excitement!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:36 am
Just Joined

dazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nice

Hi all,
My partner and I met in Australia while i was on a working holiday visa almost 3 years ago, I am from the UK and my partner is Australian by birth, at the end of my working visa we both moved to the UK, where we have lived for the last 2 years. both myself and my partners family live in Australia and we came over on holiday to visit our families, myself on a 3 month tourist visa and my partner on his Australian passport.
We have been in Australia for 2 months now ( 1 month left on my tourist visa )
We have decided to apply for a de facto visa for myself and have had the relevant documents we need sent over from the UK.
Does anybody think there would be a problem applying from Australia, like we intend to.
Thanks for any help.

Daz.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by dazr87
Hi all,
My partner and I met in Australia while i was on a working holiday visa almost 3 years ago, I am from the UK and my partner is Australian by birth, at the end of my working visa we both moved to the UK, where we have lived for the last 2 years. both myself and my partners family live in Australia and we came over on holiday to visit our families, myself on a 3 month tourist visa and my partner on his Australian passport.
We have been in Australia for 2 months now ( 1 month left on my tourist visa )
We have decided to apply for a de facto visa for myself and have had the relevant documents we need sent over from the UK.
Does anybody think there would be a problem applying from Australia, like we intend to.
Thanks for any help.

Daz.
You may as well wait until you go home. It's not going to come through before you have to leave and there's a slightly shorter turn round from the UK also I believe but can't remember for sure, it's slightly cheaper.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

dazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nice

Thanks for your reply Moneypenny

I was under the impression that i would be granted a bridging visa once we applied for the De facto visa, which would allow myself to stay here with my partner until the decision is made. Or have i been mis-informed.

Thanks again.

Daz.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazr87
Thanks for your reply Moneypenny

I was under the impression that i would be granted a bridging visa once we applied for the De facto visa, which would allow myself to stay here with my partner until the decision is made. Or have i been mis-informed.

Thanks again.

Daz.
As far as I'm aware you can "bridge" from an ETA to a Spouse/de facto visa - though it means you remain on the conditions of the ETA as regards no working allowed, so yes you can apply onshore and remain here. If you end up in financial hardship you can apply for that clause to be waived.
You MUST make sure the application is received by DIAC before your ETA expires.
Its certainly cheaper to apply from the UK, I'm not sure about timelines onshore at present - UK ones are being granted in 5 months.

If you can get hold of all the paperwork you need and get it forwarded then I can't see an issue. You'll need UK and Aussie police checks, but those don't have to be frontloaded, they can follow on later.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its certainly cheaper to apply from the UK
The visa would be cheaper to apply offshore, however with the difference being $965 the flights to the UK and back again would work out more than the difference in an onshore vs offshore application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.