Wikiposts

September 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:48 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Apologies for moaning, I'm sorry - I know other people have far worse problems with their visa application and more importantly, their health. I just feel nothing is going right at the moment

Sam
What are you talking about? That sounds quite scary to me - still, I'm sure they'll diagnose it quickly. All the best with that. Emma x
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
What are you talking about? That sounds quite scary to me - still, I'm sure they'll diagnose it quickly. All the best with that. Emma x

Thanks for that, I'm sure it'll be OK, I know that sometimes very fit people can have larger than normal hearts, so I'm hoping that's the explanation.Not sure about the shadow on the lung, though, I've already had my old nursing textbooks out and as always that make it worse
Its just something else to worry about and I do enough of that already!

Sam
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:12 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably nothing to worry about particularly if he exercises a lot, as you already know. The shadow on the lung is also probably nothing, but they like to have every eventuality checked out 'just in case'
I take it his spirometry and ECG were normal?

Leave the textbooks alone, you know that they show the worst case scenario!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490927
Sending you Karma

Ali x

Last edited by alipally; Nov 1st 2007 at 5:27 am.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Could I not have something go right for once, please!!

OH just phoned, had medical today at 12.00, still at the drs now
Chest X-Ray has shown enlarged heart and shadowing on the lungs, he's had ECG, spirometry tests and further bloods done.
GP is deciding whether to refer to cardiologist and will let us know on Monday when I've got mine with children.
On the good side, he's very fit, cycles every day, never smoked so GP is not overly concerned re his health but still may be prob at LCU.

Apologies for moaning, I'm sorry - I know other people have far worse problems with their visa application and more importantly, their health. I just feel nothing is going right at the moment

Sam
Sam

I am so sorry. The only consolation is that you can get these investigated and proper doctor reports sent with your meds which will speed up your med process if / when it gets to referral stage.

As you say, he's fit so I'm sure it's nothing to be overly concerned about.

Trish
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi sam,

just wanted to say i'm sure everything will be ok and hope it gets sorted out soon. i understand how you feel, i think it comes with the job - we see worst case scenarios and always presume the worst! try not to worry too much, he's fit and healthy and it will probably be nothing.

chin up and good luck on monday
vicky
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, where would I be without BE, its a great support network.
GP has just phoned and wants to speak to OH, who is out with our son, so wonder what she's going to say?
Also interesting to see on other thread that someone else had same problem due to poor X-ray technique

Sam
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:31 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

GP has just phoned and wants to speak to OH, who is out with our son, so wonder what she's going to say?
Also interesting to see on other thread that someone else had same problem due to poor X-ray technique

Sam
Hi Sam.......got everything crossed here for you all!!!!! Really hope things start to go smoothly for you soon
Chin up........and keep smiling!!!
Beth x x
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks.

Fingers crossed for some Friday news for you

Sam
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Sam
Hi i've just come in from work and caught up with the threads and just wanted to say i've got my fingers crossed for you Sam hopefully it will be nothing to worry about and most importantly your hubby is OK. Good luck.

Ian....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Kissa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all:

Here's good news first: I GOT MY CO THIS MORNING!!!!!

After waiting for two months (I lodged application on 2nd Sep, but didn't attach all required doc til late Sep), I finally got CO, sooooo excited!!! And thanks for everyone here for answering my questions or sharing your experience!

BTW, here's one question: the letter from CO says: All members of the applicant’s family unit, regardless of whether or not they are migrating, are required to undergo a medical examination to determine if they meet the Australian health standards for migrant entry

My question is: There's only one person (ME, hehe) in the application, and I don't have any dependents. Do I still have to ask my Parents/Brother/Sister (all 18 or above, and earn for their own living!) to do the medical check? (that's gonna cost a fortune!!). Anyone knows how do they define the "family unit"??

Thanks for advise in advance~
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi kissa,

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

i think the request refers to immediate family members eg. partners, children and step-children, both migrating and non-migrating. you don't have to get brothers, sisters or parents to do medicals if they are not on your application. someone will correct me if i'm wrong!
vicky
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:59 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kissa
Hi all:

After waiting for two months (I lodged application on 2nd Sep, but didn't attach all required doc til late Sep), I finally got CO, sooooo excited!!! And thanks for everyone here for answering my questions or sharing your experience!

BTW, here's one question: the letter from CO says: All members of the applicant’s family unit, regardless of whether or not they are migrating, are required to undergo a medical examination to determine if they meet the Australian health standards for migrant entry

My question is: There's only one person (ME, hehe) in the application, and I don't have any dependents. Do I still have to ask my Parents/Brother/Sister (all 18 or above, and earn for their own living!) to do the medical check? (that's gonna cost a fortune!!). Anyone knows how do they define the "family unit"??

CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO Kissa!!!! Looks like it's just one medical you have to do!!
Beth x x
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Kissa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Vicky, I thought so too (I really don't want to make my parents and bro/sister to do the medical check…)
I was just a bit confused since it's weird that sons/daughters are immediate family but parents are not Or it just depends on their ages?

Dear Beth: Thanks a lot!
Actually I've done my own medical check already in mid Sep, supposedly it's queueing in LCU presently (but I didn't use the online form but the standard form since the bug in early Sep)
And I'm also asked by CO for oz AFP police check certification... I thought I didn't need that becauses I stayed ONLY 11 MONTHS IN OZ. But since they mentioned, I'll just do it

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO Kissa!!!! Looks like it's just one medical you have to do!!
Beth x x
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Hi all:

~
Congratulations hopefuly some more people will have news today as well.

Go get those meds done.

Trish
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi all:

Congratulations!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.