Wikiposts

OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by George1
Hi Sam, I also saw someone on the 31st got a CO and sent to the DM. Sorry you are having a bad day. I can totally understand your frustration. Its such a stressful time and nothing seems to be happening for you guys. :curse::curse: I know 4 weeks seems like such a long time to wait but you'll see it'll fly by and you'll either have heard something from them or you can contact them again. I started to take the attitude that I really need to just enjoy my time left here and not think about the whole visa story. I only have a short time to spend with my friends and family and then we'll be there and once you are there you cant spend that precious time with the people you care about. I found that the easiest way to get through each day without having panic attacks.

Love Natalie

Thanks Natalie

Don't know why I am so low today, I was like a Spring lamb yesterday, all happy and bouncy

Poor hubby never knows what mood I'll be in when he gets home from work

One dady, we'll look back on this and wonder what all the fuss was about a but not yet. I would be OK if our progress was much the same as everyone elses but we have been left behind.

Sent a stinking letter of complaint to ASPC re our application being lost twice, lack of communication etc etc, probably will never get our visa now

Sam
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Hi a newbie here.

My application for a 175 went in on 31st October 07. I've seen that some people from October have got case officers assigned or even been sent to DM. Has anyone in the same situation as me heard anything beyond acknowledgemnt of receipt of forms?

Karl

Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:32 pm
Cobber

pab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to all

We applied for a 175 online visa on the 31st Oct and we have just been assigned a case officer. Have just booked the medicals and will be sorting out the police checks asap!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:19 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pab1974
We applied for a 175 online visa on the 31st Oct and we have just been assigned a case officer. Have just booked the medicals and will be sorting out the police checks asap!!
Congratulations. Hopefully not much longer to wait now.

Darren
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough

Morning all, yesterday we got our first quote to ship our furniture over to Aus. ZAR 42 339 What the freak??? That is so damn expensive. We are getting 3 more quotes from other companies but good grief is it worth shipping at that price? I LOVE my furniture!! Esp my BRAND NEW lounge suite. I'm so annoyed :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse: I also love my fridge!! Oh and my sideboard, and and and............

I hope the price comes down a bit

Natalie
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

read this thread daily but havent posted for a while.

We applied for 175 MODL on 29th oct and havent heard anything yet. Just wish we knew how their allocation system works, surely it should be automated in date order particularly now with the online application system...but oh that would be far too simple

well, good luck to everyone waiting that we all hear something very very soon

sarah x
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi all

read this thread daily but havent posted for a while.

We applied for 175 MODL on 29th oct and havent heard anything yet. Just wish we knew how their allocation system works, surely it should be automated in date order particularly now with the online application system...but oh that would be far too simple

well, good luck to everyone waiting that we all hear something very very soon

sarah x
Hi

Sorry to hear that you haven't got a CO yet, neither have we (applied 13th October)

Its hard to believe that the allocation of case officers is done so randomly, you would have thought that it would be an automatic computerised system that allocated in date order - but sadly for us, not the case.

On the plus side for you, it could well be, that you have a case officer already, they don't need to contact you if they have everything and you might already be in the hands of the decision maker

We know that is not the case for us, as we finally manged to get through on the phone the other day.

Good luck

Sam
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Just got the 2nd quote. ZAR35 000 including insurance. The other quote did NOT include insurance. At least this one is cheaper!!!

Got 2 more quotes to do then we'll choose the cheapest. Imagine my stuff doesn't arrive cos the cheapest blokes lost it or something
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by George1
Just got the 2nd quote. ZAR35 000 including insurance. The other quote did NOT include insurance. At least this one is cheaper!!!

Got 2 more quotes to do then we'll choose the cheapest. Imagine my stuff doesn't arrive cos the cheapest blokes lost it or something
Hi

No good at knowing how much that is, presumably alot

We looked at how much it would cost us to replace everything once in Oz and its still cheaper to bring our existing stuff with us.
We moved house a couple of years and replaced much of our old hand me down furniture for things we chose ourselves and really like, so wouldn't really want to leave it behind. Plus, hubby is mad on cycling, so has 4 bikes, he might be brave and get rid of the 2 oldest but won't part with all of them, the children obviously would like some of their own things too.

Damn expensive business though, isn't it?

Sam
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sam
Yes it is a lot of money. Although our money is like monopoly money at the mo For 1 pound it'll cost us ZAR 15 for AUS $1 it's ZAR 7.35. If you convert it I guess its not too much but in our world its a lot......

I dont think I could leave my stuff, no matter how much it costs. I've got such beautiful furniture (well I think so) antique side board and lovely wood stuff that I believe is very expensive in Aus. So I will take it along. I think it'll break my heart to leave it behind!! I wish I could take my Doctor, Hairdresser and Day Care minder too They are all brill and we've been with them for years!! My GP delivered both my boys and the Day Care minder looked after my 10yr old daughter when she was 2 - 4!! Those are some of the things I'm going to miss the most. Of course my Mom too. We are very close. Lucky she'll join us as soon as she can

And of course my little girl will def take loads of her stuff with. You know pre teen girl stuff
I read somewhere its important for the kids to take stuff with so they settle in quicker!
Where are you guys going? We are hoping to go to Brisbane but now there seem to be loads of jobs for my OH in Sydney I'm really scared to go somewhere so big. Hoping for a regional town. Somewhere small. We are in a smallish town now and I love it.....

Have a good evening and hoping you hear something tomorrow
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:15 am
East Mids to Vic

Laura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really nice

Hello guys.

Hope eveyone is not getting too stressed...I know I am....esp as we got our Case officer today!! We submitted the app on the 31st Oct.
I have now got 28 days to do the Meds and police checks....have booked the meds for next week in Nottingham and am going to make a day of it for the kidsd, the lady at the placec was lovely and told me of a local pub and park that we can go to to break the day up.

Take care all
Laura
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:20 am
East Mids to Vic

Laura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really niceLaura and Tom is just really nice

Hi George1

I'm planning to take as little as poss, we might rent our house out in the UK fully furnished initally so I need to figure out how many tea boxes I will need....I'm going to have a serious de-clutter in the next few months and hopefully just take stuff for the kids, bit of house stuff and clothes for me. edited to say - and the OH as well!!!
I already have a box going of sentimental stuff to go in my mums loft!!

Last edited by Laura and Tom; Mar 5th 2008 at 10:33 am.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Laura and Tom
Hello guys.

Hope eveyone is not getting too stressed...I know I am....esp as we got our Case officer today!! We submitted the app on the 31st Oct.
I have now got 28 days to do the Meds and police checks....have booked the meds for next week in Nottingham and am going to make a day of it for the kidsd, the lady at the placec was lovely and told me of a local pub and park that we can go to to break the day up.

Take care all
Laura
Well done on getting your case officer and good luck for your medicals, they are really nothing to worry about

Sam
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:31 am
East Mids to Vic

Thanks Sam
OH is panicing about them, suppose just because its one of the last hurdles, none of us have anything that we know about on the medical list so fingers crossed hey!!!
I havn't told my six year old yet, just that we might go to Oz for a big holiday so when I booked them I told her about this and she was going to add it on to the notes so no one says anything to her....they seem really helpful.

Hoping that you hear something about your CO soon
Laura

Last edited by Laura and Tom; Mar 5th 2008 at 10:32 am. Reason: missing words
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Laura and Tom
Thanks Sam
OH is panicing about them, suppose just because its one of the last hurdles, none of us have anything that we know about on the medical list so fingers crossed hey!!!
I havn't told my six year old yet, just that we might go to Oz for a big holiday so when I booked them I told her about this and she was going to add it on to the notes so no one says anything to her....they seem really helpful.

Hoping that you hear something about your CO soon
Laura
Hi Laura,

Congrats on getting your CO - won't be long now
Hope meds go ok

Basty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.