Wikiposts

OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Dear all

good luck for the week, for Nadine and the rest of October gang, thinking of you all.

We were lucky enough to sell our house last year, which we were able to do as had the option of military housing. But really would have struggled to sell if left until we had a visa.

so hopefully the visa grant people are rested from their long weekend, and sending all those grants out.

Jo and family
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Hi to all you Octoberers still in the "waiting room"!
I read this on the Feb thread who got it from the Aug thread ! ! !

"""""""Originally Posted by melliepoo
Hi Guys

I heard back from my agent regarding the quota being reached.

She said in their experience grants often slow right down in May/June as the quota limit is approached while DIAC work out whether the quota has been reached or not.

BUT she said there can also be a sudden flurry of visas if they find they have not quite reached the full quota.

SO she said we will just have to wait and see! Like we can do anything else???!!!!!

At least July 1st is only 3 weeks away!

Good luck people still waiting...

Mel x""""""

Don't know how correct this info is, but thought that it could be useful to you . I hope that you do hear very very soon !

Keely.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kdiggers
Hi to all you Octoberers still in the "waiting room"!
I read this on the Feb thread who got it from the Aug thread ! ! !

"""""""Originally Posted by melliepoo
Hi Guys

I heard back from my agent regarding the quota being reached.

She said in their experience grants often slow right down in May/June as the quota limit is approached while DIAC work out whether the quota has been reached or not.

BUT she said there can also be a sudden flurry of visas if they find they have not quite reached the full quota.

SO she said we will just have to wait and see! Like we can do anything else???!!!!!

At least July 1st is only 3 weeks away!

Good luck people still waiting...

Mel x""""""

Don't know how correct this info is, but thought that it could be useful to you . I hope that you do hear very very soon !

Keely.
Hi Keely

Thanks so much for the info from the Feb thread. Hopefully this will be true and come the first week in July there will be a pile of visas granted including ours.
There hasnt been alot if any visa grants for anyone for a while so hopefully things wil pick up again soon.

Thanks

Nadine
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Hi
New to site.
Just thought I would let you know our timeline as it seems so many are waiting.
I Feel soon have to apply for a retirement visa at this rate.
Still, nice to know not alone in boat!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Sorry, seems like this info got missed out.

Vetassess applied:06/08/07
Positive Vetassess:25/09/07
475 Paper Application in:15/10/07
Acknowledged and receipted:29/10/07
Xrays:07/04/08
Meds:14/04/08
Police checks:02/05/08
Still no CO
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Hello all

Haven't been on this thread for a while but was talking to an immigration lawyer in Sydney this morning. She said that in her discussions with the immigration authorities recently the expectation is that 175 paper based applications will be taking about 12 months to process.

This probably confirms they way people think things are going.

On the flip side anyone who can get an employee sponsored move the 457 will only take 3-4 weeks to come through after recent streamlining of the process (providing the employer is a registered sponsor.)

Karl
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karlphillips
Hello all

Haven't been on this thread for a while but was talking to an immigration lawyer in Sydney this morning. She said that in her discussions with the immigration authorities recently the expectation is that 175 paper based applications will be taking about 12 months to process.

This probably confirms they way people think things are going.

On the flip side anyone who can get an employee sponsored move the 457 will only take 3-4 weeks to come through after recent streamlining of the process (providing the employer is a registered sponsor.)

Karl
Hi Karl
we were told before we handed our application in it would take about 12mths, then the backlog happened.
We are paper based applied 19 Sept 08, We have a CO and are awaiting medicals to be finalised. I think it was luck that we got a CO. As not many seem to have got one since.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi Karl
we were told before we handed our application in it would take about 12mths, then the backlog happened.
We are paper based applied 19 Sept 08We have a CO and are awaiting medicals to be finalised. I think it was luck that we got a CO. As not many seem to have got one since.
R u a time traveller???
Caroline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

Well how are we all? Still no news at all for us here.
I did send our agent just a short email yesterday to see how she was and she mentioned the visa briefly and said that they, themselves havent had a visa grant in 2 weeks and it is def down to their quota but by beginning of July she expects to have some visas granted.

So nothing new

Hope you are all well

nadine
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

I did send our agent just a short email yesterday to see how she was and she mentioned the visa briefly and said that they, themselves havent had a visa grant in 2 weeks and it is def down to their quota but by beginning of July she expects to have some visas granted.

So nothing new

Hope you are all well

nadine
Nadine

Hang on in there, surely it can't be much longer.

It does seem to have gone very quiet on the visa grants, so there must be huge surge of them soon

Have you sold your house yet, I can't remember?

Sam
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone. Have got fed up with waiting for the visa, so OH is getting business sponsorship whist we wait. Has been told it will take 3-4 weeks!! Do we have to redo our meds etc??Caroline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi All

So nothing new

Hope you are all well

nadine
Hi Nadine

I spoke to our agent on Tuesday and they also said that they have only had 1 visa through in the past 3 weeks. Roll on 1st July
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Nadine

Hang on in there, surely it can't be much longer.

It does seem to have gone very quiet on the visa grants, so there must be huge surge of them soon

Have you sold your house yet, I can't remember?

Sam
Hi Sam

Good to hear from you.

Hopefully it wont be to long now although I am relatively calm about it all compared to last week.

We havent house sold but if we get visa we may consider a quick buy company I know it would be a huge drop in money but it means we get out of here quicker.

caroline I am not sure if you have to have meds done again but I am sure someone will answer that for you soon

Nadine
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam

Good to hear from you.

Hopefully it wont be to long now although I am relatively calm about it all compared to last week.

We havent house sold but if we get visa we may consider a quick buy company I know it would be a huge drop in money but it means we get out of here quicker.

caroline I am not sure if you have to have meds done again but I am sure someone will answer that for you soon

Nadine
Good to hear you are calm about it all, I tend to feel calm one day and then really fed up the next!

We are still waiting for exchange of contracts on our house, should have happened 3 weeks ago now but our buyer's solicitors is messing us around, we think, on his instructions to slow down the sale.

One day, we might be able to look back on this and laugh

Sam
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

only me again

Just been looking on the November thread and it seems that there is more movement there than there is for us last octoberees as alot of them asre saying that there things have changed to Met this week where ours havent changed.

Nadine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.