Wikiposts

OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Old May 21st 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Are there still people from Oct who haven't heard our app went to DM early March and still waiting applied 31st Oct online. Mind you dont know why i'm rushing as house isn't selling its sooo frustrating, just want to get there. We had our police checks done in Dec and Meds Jan does this mean if success ful we need to validate before then? I wish i'd of postponed meds abit now that house wont sell don't really want to do a trip just want to go and stay!!
Hi

Hope you get some news soon, it sounds like yor file has been with the DM a long time, have you tried phoning them to find out what the delay is?

As far as validating your visa is concerned, you will have 12 months taken from the date of the meds or pcs, usually whichever is the earliest one.

Good luck for the house selling

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Keely

I spoke too soon.
We were all set to exchange this Friday but thought I would just chase things with the solicitor yesterday, they didn't know what was happening and when I asked if they could call the buyer's solicitors to find out, they said they don't do that, "Its not the done thing to hassle other solicitors"
I was not amused :curse:
Anyway, long and short of it is that our buyer does not have his mortgage offer (although we were told he had), his solicitor has been on holiday, so nothing has happened, and the buyer also has lots of questions he wants answering (what these are I haven't a clue as everyone is so painfully slow at doing anything)
He is also now away for 2 weeks, so nothing can happen until he returns.

I was really upset yesterday but today I'm just p****d off:curse:

Sam
Ouch! Sending u some karma and sympathy. My house is about to go on the market and I have been told that it will cost £5000 min to replace the boiler!!
Caroline
Old May 21st 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Ouch! Sending u some karma and sympathy. My house is about to go on the market and I have been told that it will cost £5000 min to replace the boiler!!
Caroline

Double ouch

Good luck with selling your house

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Double ouch

Good luck with selling your house

Sam
It is sooooooo annoying when people keep you in the dark, sols seem a bit suspect - not calling other sols - thats a bit odd especially as you were supposed to be exchanging Friday
Well sit back and relax for 2 weeks I would be peeved to
Old May 21st 2008, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebutts
hi nadine, interesting...our document checklist doesnt mention form 80, but i was so confused about it, ive uploaded it anyway..

dont think their is any consitency with this visa process...cant remember r u applying for 175?

sarah
Hi sarah
we applied for a 175 back in October 16th I think that form 80 was one of the forms that we filled out at the beginning of the application, It strange how some people where not asked for it.

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Are there still people from Oct who haven't heard our app went to DM early March and still waiting applied 31st Oct online. Mind you dont know why i'm rushing as house isn't selling its sooo frustrating, just want to get there. We had our police checks done in Dec and Meds Jan does this mean if success ful we need to validate before then? I wish i'd of postponed meds abit now that house wont sell don't really want to do a trip just want to go and stay!!
Hi Ian and Sam Yeah there asre still some of us in October that havent heard anything unfortunately. It seems that you file has been with DM for quite a while I would def agree with Sammy T that you should give them a call and see what is happening with it.

Hi Nadine

Sounds like your file is definitely being looked at.
We didn't have Form 80 on our checklist. I think its a good idea that you don't leave it too long before making sure it has bee received by them, if your agent won't find out, you could always phone them again.

Keeping everything crossed for you

Sam
Hi Sammy

I am seriously hoping that this means that there is someone looking at our file and we are def going to email agent to make sure that they received confirmation that the form 80 was readable, our agent did say that she would let us know when she received info from the department that they received thfe form. We will either email her tomorrow or Fri and see what the crack is. Our agent is still being a bit funny with us when we email her which is such a shame as she has been so helpful from the beginning.

Hi All I have tried to multi quote here so i hope it works.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Hi Keely

I spoke too soon.
We were all set to exchange this Friday but thought I would just chase things with the solicitor yesterday, they didn't know what was happening and when I asked if they could call the buyer's solicitors to find out, they said they don't do that, "Its not the done thing to hassle other solicitors"
I was not amused :curse:
Anyway, long and short of it is that our buyer does not have his mortgage offer (although we were told he had), his solicitor has been on holiday, so nothing has happened, and the buyer also has lots of questions he wants answering (what these are I haven't a clue as everyone is so painfully slow at doing anything)
He is also now away for 2 weeks, so nothing can happen until he returns.

I was really upset yesterday but today I'm just p****d off:curse:

Sam
Hi Sam,

Oh no ! ! !

I hope that they get there back sides in gear soon for you ! !
Our buyer p****d me off yesterday aswell, he thought or should i say expected us to leave things that are fixed to the wall, i.e c.d and dvd units (that weren't cheap) and other bits that we were probably cheekily asking him to buy, like toilet roll holders and cabinets and shelves in the bathroom... But now we have decided to leave them, not the cabinets for c.d's though, as it just seems petty now, and we don't wanna upset him and pull out, cos he seems the type of bloke that would , if you know what I mean.... Our E.A said that hopefully we will be at exchange of contracts time next week... I hope so...

Anyway Good luck and fingers crossed for you that it all goes smoothly .

Keely.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Basty
It is sooooooo annoying when people keep you in the dark, sols seem a bit suspect - not calling other sols - thats a bit odd especially as you were supposed to be exchanging Friday
Well sit back and relax for 2 weeks I would be peeved to
Yeah, I was not impressd with our solicitors, they know are situation but can't be bothered to even pick up the phone to let us know what is going on.
At this stage we obviously can't change to new solicitors and they know that, there is nothing we can do to make them go faster:curse:

We've just got to sit and wait now, and hope nothing else comes up to delay things.

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Yeah my multi quoting worked Im all pleased with that

Sammy T I tried to send you some Karma but I have to spread some reputation first sorry but know I am thinking about you and I am sorry to hear the news on your house, hopefully things will work itself out. It really is a nightmare so it is.

Nadine
Old May 21st 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kdiggers
Hi Sam,

Oh no ! ! !

I hope that they get there back sides in gear soon for you ! !
Our buyer p****d me off yesterday aswell, he thought or should i say expected us to leave things that are fixed to the wall, i.e c.d and dvd units (that weren't cheap) and other bits that we were probably cheekily asking him to buy, like toilet roll holders and cabinets and shelves in the bathroom... But now we have decided to leave them, not the cabinets for c.d's though, as it just seems petty now, and we don't wanna upset him and pull out, cos he seems the type of bloke that would , if you know what I mean.... Our E.A said that hopefully we will be at exchange of contracts time next week... I hope so...

Anyway Good luck and fingers crossed for you that it all goes smoothly .

Keely.
Hi

Fingers crossed for you next week.

Did you fill in one of those ridiculously long forms with all the fixtures and fittings etc on, if you did not say you were leaving those items, he has no legal come back at all.

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I was not impressd with our solicitors, they know are situation but can't be bothered to even pick up the phone to let us know what is going on.
At this stage we obviously can't change to new solicitors and they know that, there is nothing we can do to make them go faster:curse:

We've just got to sit and wait now, and hope nothing else comes up to delay things.

Sam
I am sure you were not impressed with them you think that they would have done the decent thing and picked up the phone to give you a call.

You say "we've just got to sit and wait" thats what we all seem to be doing at the mo and I am sure it so hard for you to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thinking bout you

Nadine
Old May 21st 2008, 12:55 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be

Yeah my multi quoting worked Im all pleased with that

<snip>

Now you're just showing off.....
Old May 21st 2008, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Fingers crossed for you next week.

Did you fill in one of those ridiculously long forms with all the fixtures and fittings etc on, if you did not say you were leaving those items, he has no legal come back at all.

Sam
Yes I did fill in that ridiculously long forms aaarrrggghhhh had enough of form filling for the visa app ! ! !LOL

I think the E.A told them when they showed them around, we were away at the time they viewed ! ! ! ! But at the moment as long as it does not involve us parting with more money or dropping the price, or it falling through, I would do anything for him to just sign that damn bit of paper called a contract ! ! ! ! ! ...........

Keely.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: OCTOBER 07 APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by kdiggers
Yes I did fill in that ridiculously long forms aaarrrggghhhh had enough of form filling for the visa app ! ! !LOL

I think the E.A told them when they showed them around, we were away at the time they viewed ! ! ! ! But at the moment as long as it does not involve us parting with more money or dropping the price, or it falling through, I would do anything for him to just sign that damn bit of paper called a contract ! ! ! ! ! ...........

Keely.
Ooh what a lot I've got to do... have just got some paperwork and now have to find receipts, contracts etc... and don't get me started on HIPPs! Not looking forward to the hassle,and need some soothing Karma to help!!
Good luck
Caroline
Old May 21st 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sammy T

Just want to thank you for your good wishes on the previous page, you are right about the movement for us August lot at last, hopefully we arent too far off now

Very sorry to read about your buyer, i hope this gets sorted soon for you so you can start your new life in Australia

Debs xx
Old May 21st 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good Morning everyone

Well we received an email from our agents this morning and I think it seems positive.Here is some of the email

..........................Thank you for your email regarding the application for xxxxxxxxxxx The notes on file indicate Form 80 has now been received and the file is currently awaiting allocation to a decision maker for finalisation.

This was the email our agent received form ASPC and below is the email we received from our agent
......................This is the latest response received from the ASPC and it is very positive. that last time we received this sort of information from the ASPC, the application was finalised around 8 weeks later. We are expecting a similar timeframe on your visa application from this point forward and it is good to have confirmation from the ASPC that they are moving on your application.

While I am pleased that things are moving on and that eventually the form 80 is readable I am hoping that we hear something before 8 weeks.

Just thought Id let you all know the latest from us.

xx nadine xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.