November 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: November 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Morning guys,

Just want to wish everyone Good Luck whether you're waiting on a CO, Visa or a house sale. Especially to those, like me, who are waiting on all three!!

Let's hope we have a busy week full of congratulations!!

Colin
Colin -

Here's hoping you get your CO this week! And a viewer or two.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys can I just ask, how much evidence should I put up of my work experience? Should I scan a variety of payslips over a long period, or should I just get a signed letter from the company? At the moment I've put up a few payslips, but trying to avoid any unnecessary delays. Ta!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Update for this weeks guys is still the 10th November for online apps. What a joke! :curse::curse:
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

I wouldn't expect to see any "official" movement now until the new year starts - let's just hope the odd cheeky one sneaks through
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wats123
Update for this weeks guys is still the 10th November for online apps. What a joke! :curse::curse:
I figure the reason for this is the "email us if your application was sent 2 weeks prior to the current processing date" - i think they could probably move that date, but they'd get masses of emails from people who've not been contacted by a CO!

Certainyl i've begun to disregard that date, based on the visa grants we've seen for aps sent up to two weeks after that date!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:52 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pacey
Guys can I just ask, how much evidence should I put up of my work experience? Should I scan a variety of payslips over a long period, or should I just get a signed letter from the company? At the moment I've put up a few payslips, but trying to avoid any unnecessary delays. Ta!
I scanned the first and last payslips and also a letter of reference, employment contract and a letter declaring my promotion. Hope that helps!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janicebks
I scanned the first and last payslips and also a letter of reference, employment contract and a letter declaring my promotion. Hope that helps!
yep that helps, thanks very much! Might have to encourage my boss to write me a reference - think i'll wait for a good mood day!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:34 am
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

yep that helps, thanks very much! Might have to encourage my boss to write me a reference - think i'll wait for a good mood day!
I think a reference is necessary... From the DIAC site,

"Certified copies of your work references for any positions held during the relevant period. Your work experience references must meet the following requirements:
the reference should show the official letterhead of the company or government department providing the reference
the letterhead should indicate clearly the full address of the company and any telephone, fax numbers, email and website addresses
the name and position of the person authorised to sign the employment reference should be typed or stamped below that person's signature
the direct contact number of the person writing the reference should be included in the letter
the letter should indicate the exact period of employment, including whether permanent or temporary, full or part time, position/s held, the main five (5) duties undertaken, and the salary earned – positions should not be described by generic titles (for example, research officer) but according to the nature of the duties undertaken (for example, research chemist)
a payslip from your current employment should also be included – this is especially important for applicants working in government departments.
Other documents which may assist you in evidencing your work experience claims could include, but are not limited to:

contracts
pay slips
tax returns
group certificates
superannuation information. "
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah, well there's something I've missed! Thanks very much for that.

i actually had a dream about receiving my visa last night, and i was so sure it was real! Felt good!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:35 am
Hopeful Idealist

That's nice... when are you planning to go to Sydney? Love the place, though not the flies during summer!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopefully back end of british summer, just in time for a bit of skiing before the aussie summer hits! Couldn't ask for a better time to arrive than that really!

what're your plans?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:50 am
Hopeful Idealist

hopefully back end of british summer, just in time for a bit of skiing before the aussie summer hits! Couldn't ask for a better time to arrive than that really!

what're your plans?
Should be arriving mid-October, just in time for my thrid anniversary with the bf. Aussie summers are scary. The number of air conditioners seem inverse to the temperature.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janicebks
Should be arriving mid-October, just in time for my thrid anniversary with the bf. Aussie summers are scary. The number of air conditioners seem inverse to the temperature.
very nice! Air conditioners are for wimps! You'll get used to it! The breeze by the ocean makes it more bearable, and of course jumping in makes it even better! I've had my doubts about leaving friends and what the UK has to offer, but now I'm just really excited about getting out there and enjoying it all! Come on visa!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

very nice! Air conditioners are for wimps! You'll get used to it! The breeze by the ocean makes it more bearable, and of course jumping in makes it even better! I've had my doubts about leaving friends and what the UK has to offer, but now I'm just really excited about getting out there and enjoying it all! Come on visa!
Hi Dan,

Were you the one the other week that was confused about going because of having met a girl? Has this "issue" disappeared now as you sound well up for it again.

The thought of the hot weather and beach / pool do keep you going don't they.

We'll get there in the end...

Colin
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Dan,

Were you the one the other week that was confused about going because of having met a girl? Has this "issue" disappeared now as you sound well up for it again.

The thought of the hot weather and beach / pool do keep you going don't they.

We'll get there in the end...

Colin
hah yes mate that would be me! It was only about 3 weeks ago i think - had a wobble, but that sorted itself out. I'd avoided getting involved with anyone up to then. Anyway crisis averted and I'm back on the right track!

The excitement ebbs and flows a LOT depending on what is going on in my transitory life! Right now I can't wait to start fresh!

how're you doing pal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.