Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:44 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
Northerner aka Grahame, I have a feeling in my waters - You will be hearing about your successful visa app soon, ooh I feel like Mystic Meg, its true, not just because I have just drank a bottle of Chinese finest wine, but because I just know it - hang on in there baby - its your turn next!! p.s We looked at your blog, just being nosey, and your house is very nice since the before photos, if we had been in Madchester in 2006 we would have bought it off you for sure!
I want some of what you're having
Old Sep 7th 2006, 2:48 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
oopsss!! just read my drunken rambleings!! totally forgot I had written all this!! No hangover either : )
It's a brand new day, what new news from ASPC shall appear on here later on? I'm staying tuned, got the popcorn at the ready. : )
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

oopsss!! just read my drunken rambleings!! totally forgot I had written all this!! No hangover either : )
It's a brand new day, what new news from ASPC shall appear on here later on? I'm staying tuned, got the popcorn at the ready. : )

Good for you!!! Glad you don't have a hangover though!!! Don't worry - I enjoyed your ramblings!!!!!!!!! x
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:18 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can put the popcorn away for the weekend

Just phoned them and after a bit of a 'moment' when they thought we were non-MODL ( ) they just reeled off the current processing times, which he quoted as 15-20th March.

He basically said we should be very nearly there, when your dates 'come up' you are in the pile to be allocated a co, if you don't hear within about a week after that give them another call. Booooo!!

So, it's not too bad I guess - just looks like we'll be the ones who have to wait till it's 'officially' our time rather than jump the queue like alot of you lot do LOL

Glad you enjoyed the wine - sounded like you were sozzled!!!

Nic got a bottle of wine from a parent of one of the kids she works with yesterday, so after your fine example we sunk that along with a few bacardi's......

Graham
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:19 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Absynth by the sounds of it
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Just want to close my eyes and someone say visa granted, house sold and packed and here's your tickets, Enjoy!!! Getting frustrated and just "want to go" also.

Watty'n'arls
Tell me about it!!!

Graham
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:32 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Absynth by the sounds of it
No wayyy! You can see what I'm like after drinking wine [and 4 bloody marys with 1 beer *coughs in ladylike manner*] imagine how I would be after drinking absynth! I would never touch it, no way, am too old now to get away with the repercussions.

I'm glad you managed to speak to ASPC, did they have your application down as non-modl and thats why you have not got a CO yet, or did the person mistakingly on the phone think you were non modl? Does that make sense?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:10 pm

No wayyy! You can see what I'm like after drinking wine [and 4 bloody marys with 1 beer *coughs in ladylike manner*] imagine how I would be after drinking absynth! I would never touch it, no way, am too old now to get away with the repercussions.

I'm glad you managed to speak to ASPC, did they have your application down as non-modl and thats why you have not got a CO yet, or did the person mistakingly on the phone think you were non modl? Does that make sense?
LOL

Nic spoke to the guy first (as she's the primary applicant) and he reeled off the dates for non priority applications (up to 1st Feb I think), Nic was like 'thank you for your help, bye' not really clocking what he'd told her. So then it was panic stations thinking that they might have us down as non priority and we were in the wrong pile so I had to call back. Got through to the same guy (phoned them 3 times in all now - and always got through to the same guy!) and explained that I was a little worried cos he'd quoted non priority processing times - he apologised, checked the info and confirmed we were in the right 'pile' for MODL applicants...... Phew!!

Anyway, we'll see what the processing times are on Monday - hopefully they'll have moved past the 23rd which is our date......

Fed up of waiting........

Graham
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

jetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant future

LOL

Nic spoke to the guy first (as she's the primary applicant) and he reeled off the dates for non priority applications (up to 1st Feb I think), Nic was like 'thank you for your help, bye' not really clocking what he'd told her. So then it was panic stations thinking that they might have us down as non priority and we were in the wrong pile so I had to call back. Got through to the same guy (phoned them 3 times in all now - and always got through to the same guy!) and explained that I was a little worried cos he'd quoted non priority processing times - he apologised, checked the info and confirmed we were in the right 'pile' for MODL applicants...... Phew!!

Anyway, we'll see what the processing times are on Monday - hopefully they'll have moved past the 23rd which is our date......

Fed up of waiting........

Graham
Oh, Graham, I soooooooooo much know what it is like when you have them (finally) on the phone and they just reel off the processing times. And then they say: your CO will ask for your medicals etc.... And even when you ask: but my medicals etc. are already on my file, is it possible that my visa will be granted straight away?.....they still say the same: your CO will make himself known to you....bla bla bla
Pretty fed up with them.....ha ha
Going Down Under anyways this sunday....yoohoo!

Good luck, really hope visa is coming soon!

Henriette
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:34 am
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by jetontour
Oh, Graham, I soooooooooo much know what it is like when you have them (finally) on the phone and they just reel off the processing times. And then they say: your CO will ask for your medicals etc.... And even when you ask: but my medicals etc. are already on my file, is it possible that my visa will be granted straight away?.....they still say the same: your CO will make himself known to you....bla bla bla
Pretty fed up with them.....ha ha
Going Down Under anyways this sunday....yoohoo!

Good luck, really hope visa is coming soon!

Henriette
Hi Henriette
Good luck have a safe journey and stay in touch, i want to colour you green soon
Dave
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:46 am

Yes good luck Henriette, have a good flight. Let us know how you get on when you get there!!! You must be so excited!!!

Graham
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:38 am
Just Joined

petelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

Just can't believe it received a letter from Sydney today. Got a bit excited and then really upset because, they wanted more info etc. When I rang the panel Docs and spoke to them about it, it looks like my medical form was not completed properly by the Doctor (for example no.6 Intelligence) he didn't tick anything (lol). Now I know I not stupid as I have done all the application myself. So now they have ask me to re do the form and go and see them again. Thats a whole month wasted now!! Feeling a bit p***ed off. It was bad enough the first time round. I can't even see the one who saw me last time as he 's on hols. They did apologise and said that this had never happened before. It would appear that I am special!! I only wish I could be as lucky as this with the lottery. lol. Hubbies and kids were fine though.

PS I' m over the initial shock now. Just keep smiling, just keep smiling eh! I will get there in the end.

Northener sorry to hear you've had no news as yet. I bet it will be any day now. Fingers crossed for you.

Lisa

Last edited by petelisam; Sep 8th 2006 at 4:13 am.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:56 pm

Brilliant, 'priority' (ha ha LOL) applications moved a whole 2 days this week, whilst non priority moved nearly 3 bloomin' weeks!!

They are up to 22nd March - guess when our application arrived?? Yes - the 23rd! Man I am so frustrated....

Graham
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

vegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud of

Brilliant, 'priority' (ha ha LOL) applications moved a whole 2 days this week, whilst non priority moved nearly 3 bloomin' weeks!!

They are up to 22nd March - guess when our application arrived?? Yes - the 23rd! Man I am so frustrated....

Graham

welcome to the biggest month of the year.................

i belive this month named MARCH is equal to the half of the year.............or I have just gone mad..........

Thanks DIMA very much
Old Sep 10th 2006, 11:49 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Graham
Keep smiling Graham!

It'll be your turn really soon, just try to be patient! believe me I know it's hard but you'll get there!

Just think, you'll having Christmas on the beach this year

Janine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.