Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Wikiposts

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:46 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by jetontour
That´s what I thought (and that was beginning of June) and all I got was a nice reply that my medicals were put on my file :-)

I was happy with that sign of life anyway!

Henriette

Henriette, was the reply in response to you contacting them or did they just automatically inform you that your medicals were added to your file.

I sent my meds and police checks off but haven't heard if they have been added to my file......so I flippin hope they have! lol.

Are you going out on 10th Sept?
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

jetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Henriette, was the reply in response to you contacting them or did they just automatically inform you that your medicals were added to your file.

I sent my meds and police checks off but haven't heard if they have been added to my file......so I flippin hope they have! lol.

Are you going out on 10th Sept?
That was after I contacted them indeed. They don´t notify you automatically. LCU is happily answering the question if they received and processed your medicals if you ask them! If they did process them, you know they are going to ASPC to be put on you file. So....it was just some extra information that I requested......you can be sure they´ve got them alright...

Yes, I am going on September 10 and it would be damn nice if it was with visa! I have this continuous horror story in my head that I will be granted the visa when I have arrived 1 day in Brisbane.....and thus spend big money on flying out to NZ.....and that just because of 1 (or a few days)!

I can´t help it, these thoughts are almost unstoppable! I try not to worry about it, but considering the fact that I haven´t been able to save a lot of money it seems such a bloody waste of money! (always, if you have loads as well...)

I try to keep having hope.

Henriette
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:15 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

That was after I contacted them indeed. They don´t notify you automatically. LCU is happily answering the question if they received and processed your medicals if you ask them! If they did process them, you know they are going to ASPC to be put on you file. So....it was just some extra information that I requested......you can be sure they´ve got them alright...

Yes, I am going on September 10 and it would be damn nice if it was with visa! I have this continuous horror story in my head that I will be granted the visa when I have arrived 1 day in Brisbane.....and thus spend big money on flying out to NZ.....and that just because of 1 (or a few days)!

I can´t help it, these thoughts are almost unstoppable! I try not to worry about it, but considering the fact that I haven´t been able to save a lot of money it seems such a bloody waste of money! (always, if you have loads as well...)

I try to keep having hope.

Henriette

I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something soon. Is it worth a call to DIMA to see if you have a CO yet? I know some have done this and found out they have a CO then had a visa grant a few days later. It wouldn't hurt would it and could save you a lot of money and hassel in the long run.

I will look out for your GOT IT Henriette!

Jackie
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:31 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something soon. Is it worth a call to DIMA to see if you have a CO yet? I know some have done this and found out they have a CO then had a visa grant a few days later. It wouldn't hurt would it and could save you a lot of money and hassel in the long run.

I will look out for your GOT IT Henriette!

Jackie
I'm (STILL!) considering ringing them too. Not heard anything, sold the house, starting to get serious interest on the work front for both me and Nic so all we need now is a visa!! I got a call from an agency guy (in UK) who I have been in contact with for years and he's just got a new client in the form of a very large engineering consultancy who are wanting engineers all over the world and most definitely Sydney. CV's gone out and the managing director is 'very interested'. They'd help with moving costs etc so it would be great to get something out of it!!

Nic got a call out of the blue from an Australian agency the other day too. They got her details from the skills matching database thingy and that can only come from the visa application form - so good news i guess that it's going through the system and they've got Nic's details. Just hope it's a sign that we're nearly at the 'got it' stage!!!!

Graham
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:17 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by northerner
I'm (STILL!) considering ringing them too. Not heard anything, sold the house, starting to get serious interest on the work front for both me and Nic so all we need now is a visa!! I got a call from an agency guy (in UK) who I have been in contact with for years and he's just got a new client in the form of a very large engineering consultancy who are wanting engineers all over the world and most definitely Sydney. CV's gone out and the managing director is 'very interested'. They'd help with moving costs etc so it would be great to get something out of it!!

Nic got a call out of the blue from an Australian agency the other day too. They got her details from the skills matching database thingy and that can only come from the visa application form - so good news i guess that it's going through the system and they've got Nic's details. Just hope it's a sign that we're nearly at the 'got it' stage!!!!

Graham

Graham...what have you got to lose? give them a ring and explain that you have people offering you work and you would like to give them some idea of when you might be able to go out.

I had an agency contact me that got my details from skill matching database too. Exciting, frustrating, scarey....innit? lol.

Will keep my fingers crossed you hear something positive soon. There's not too many of you left on the march applicants is there? I checked austimeline and end of march applicants have been getting there visas so I really hope you guys and henriette are next..... (oh apart from me that is...even though I'm an april bod!) lol.

Jackie
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:16 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

have you already done pcc and meds?
Have got our PCCs but haven't sent them off. OH decided that we shouldn't frontload

Janine
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Have got our PCCs but haven't sent them off. OH decided that we shouldn't frontload

Janine
If you've had them done then you might as well send them...
Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zeny
Thought I'll dust this off and bring it forward.

March 2006 Visa Applicants...

Keys:

DATE ARRIVED AT DIMA: USERNAME (VISA TYPE, ACK DATE) - latest update/comments

In Black: no CO assigned
In Green: CO assigned
In Violet: Visa granted

1 emmal (136 skilled ind) ack 10/3/06
3 Debs&Mark (136 Skilled ind) Ack 3/3/06 - CO 15.05.06,Meds and PCC's sent****VISA GRANTED 13JULY06*****.
3 Mick69 (136 Skill Ind) Ack 16/3/06 - Meds & PCC's frontloaded ** VISA GRANTED 09.06.2006**
9 Butch&Shell (136 MODL, Ack 09/03) - Frontloaded Meds & PCC's, waiting...
14 zeny (136-MODL, Ack 27/3) - Frontloaded PCCs - CO 20/06/2006 Meds Requested - ***VISA GRANTED 04/07/2006***
14 Vselenka (136-MODL, Ack 23/3)
14 KevinJanine (136 MODL, ack 31 March) - PC's arrived 22.06 all clear. Booking meds this week!
15 Claire&Richard (138, Ack 15/3) - Applied PCC
16 neil_hick (136 Skilled Ind) - Fees Taken
20 Nick72 (136 MODL) - CO 23/5 - ***VISA GRANTED 21/06/06***
20 mpk200 137 stni SA. Meds and PCC,s frontloaded
21 Brij 136 Non MODL Frontloaded PCC's
23 Northerner (136-MODL, Ack 27/3) - Meds and PCC's frontloaded
23 Rich8509 (136 ind)-PCC'S DONE
24 fabettega (136 skilled ind, ack 07/04) - Meds & PCC's frontloaded - CO 19/06 asked for PCC, sent
26 leew1019 (136 MODL) - pcc checks done, meds booked for 29th sept....
27 eljustino (136-MODL) - Did not frontload
27 Damian & Sally (136-MODL, Ack 27/3) - Meds Frontloaded - **VISA GRANTED 22-06-06**
27 petelisam (136 Skill Ind, 07/04/06) Meds done 1/08 PCs sent 2/08

March 2006 Visa Applicants...
a
Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leew1019
a

hi all

Next week will be our 6 month mark, so over the last few days we have been wondering if we should phone DIMA or to wait untill Tuesday's update. Anyway got through to them and we have not been allocated a co as yet, and still on the processing times from the 2nd-8th March (which we already knew). Really hoping that they would say that we have a co but looks like the wait goes on................!
michelle x
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by butch&shell
hi all

Next week will be our 6 month mark, so over the last few days we have been wondering if we should phone DIMA or to wait untill Tuesday's update. Anyway got through to them and we have not been allocated a co as yet, and still on the processing times from the 2nd-8th March (which we already knew). Really hoping that they would say that we have a co but looks like the wait goes on................!
michelle x
You can't have much longer to wait Michelle. I will keep everything crossed for you!!
Lynne x
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:26 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up phoning them this morning too! Didn't give me much info except the usual 'your co will contact you if they need more information...'. Just a case of sitting tight I guess

The guy said they had a big backlog which they were working through (that's why the dates are 'stuck' at 2-8 march).

Oh well, at least it's the weekend..... in lovely wet, rainy, grey britain

Graham
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:04 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by northerner
I ended up phoning them this morning too! Didn't give me much info except the usual 'your co will contact you if they need more information...'. Just a case of sitting tight I guess

The guy said they had a big backlog which they were working through (that's why the dates are 'stuck' at 2-8 march).

Oh well, at least it's the weekend..... in lovely wet, rainy, grey britain

Graham

Well at least you tried Graham....lets hope you hear something good next week! Great ....this British Summertime innit?

Jackie
Old Aug 17th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

jetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant futurejetontour has a brilliant future

Graham...what have you got to lose? give them a ring and explain that you have people offering you work and you would like to give them some idea of when you might be able to go out.

I had an agency contact me that got my details from skill matching database too. Exciting, frustrating, scarey....innit? lol.

Will keep my fingers crossed you hear something positive soon. There's not too many of you left on the march applicants is there? I checked austimeline and end of march applicants have been getting there visas so I really hope you guys and henriette are next..... (oh apart from me that is...even though I'm an april bod!) lol.

Jackie
Thanks Jackie....but I am a 10 april applicant....but, hey, someone in May got theirs!! And it´s beginning of April..........honestly, checking my emails makes me feel really horrible lately. But not checking anymore is in my case not wise as well.....I have 2 more weeks left, then the visa needs to be there, otherwise I have to notify them, that I can´t have it granted anymore until I get there (because of my passport needing to go to Berlin.....).

I´m gonna put my mind on other things: my farewell party is tomorrow!!! But how stressful this is!!!!

Henriette
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:04 am
Living the Dream!

Thanks Jackie....but I am a 10 april applicant....but, hey, someone in May got theirs!! And it´s beginning of April..........honestly, checking my emails makes me feel really horrible lately. But not checking anymore is in my case not wise as well.....I have 2 more weeks left, then the visa needs to be there, otherwise I have to notify them, that I can´t have it granted anymore until I get there (because of my passport needing to go to Berlin.....).

I´m gonna put my mind on other things: my farewell party is tomorrow!!! But how stressful this is!!!!

Henriette

aah Henriette....I hope it won't spoil your farewell party! try and enjoy it tomorrow and who knows what may happen next week in this unpredictable world of visa waiting! I really hope you hear soon.

jackie x
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

aah Henriette....I hope it won't spoil your farewell party! try and enjoy it tomorrow and who knows what may happen next week in this unpredictable world of visa waiting! I really hope you hear soon.

jackie x
Thanks! And a nice party it was!
It was very busy and the weather was sooooooo helpful, so it was a real garden fest. Me leaving only really sunk in after the party finished, I was so busy talking to everyone etc... But later in bed I was like: OMG, the adventure is really beginning! My mum had the same this morning. She was the best!
Made sure I had time to talk to everyone and she was running around with the food and drinks!

And all my friends were so nice! And I didn´t even know I had that many! Wow, I wish everybody the same great goodbye to their friends and family.......It´s very good for the spirit!

Henriette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.