Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Had meds today!

All seemed to go fine. Just got to wait for blood test results to come back and they will be shipping to LCU :d

We had a nice day out in Chichester as well!
Janine

Hi

We had CO appointed yesterday and meds requested. Chichester is near us. Did it take long to get appointment? How much do they charge for adult / child?

Does the Dr do the x ray as well?

Hope you don't mind me asking - keen to get them done as soon as.

Does anyone know what average time is to receive visa once meds received at DIMIA?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:06 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micnic
Hi

We had CO appointed yesterday and meds requested. Chichester is near us. Did it take long to get appointment? How much do they charge for adult / child?

Does the Dr do the x ray as well?

Hope you don't mind me asking - keen to get them done as soon as.

Does anyone know what average time is to receive visa once meds received at DIMIA?
Hi Micnic,

Definitely recommend Chichester. Didn't take long to get an appointment at all. I rang them on the Thursday and got an appointment for the following Monday. The meds were £85 for adult, £50 for children. Blood tests are extra at £25 each.

X-rays need to be done at the hospital. We went to St Richards which is also in Chichester - it's only about a 10 minute walk between the two places.

We had them done in the morning, picked them up after 1pm then had our appointment at 3pm. You have to take your x-ray to the doctor - you aren't allowed to open the envelope!

It seems to be about 2-4 weeks for visa after meds have been received.

Anything else you want to know, give us a shout!

Janine
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Hi Janine

Thanks, that is really helpful information. thought the fees were higher than that!

also thought the visa would take longer to get - really feels like it's happening now!

Nicky
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Clairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura about

Think it's a bit more - I called Chichester a couple of weeks ago and they quoted me £180 total for an adult - £85 meds, £25 blood test, £60 x-ray and £10 postage to LCU (am guessing international signed for).

not bad thought I guess - better than the others I tried (Brighton and Gatwick).
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:06 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clairertw
Think it's a bit more - I called Chichester a couple of weeks ago and they quoted me £180 total for an adult - £85 meds, £25 blood test, £60 x-ray and £10 postage to LCU (am guessing international signed for).

not bad thought I guess - better than the others I tried (Brighton and Gatwick).
Yes you do have to pay for £10 postage - forgot about that. The x-rays have to be done at the hospital and are paid for there so are not included in the doctors fees.

I would highly recommend Chichester - they were really helpful and the doctor was very good.

Janine
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:08 am
aka bunja

Where is Graham????

Has he got his visa and is too busy celebrating that he hasn't got round to telling us???????????

Janine
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

Where is Graham????

Has he got his visa and is too busy celebrating that he hasn't got round to telling us???????????

Janine
we had meds done today in aberdeen 2 adults 2 children under11 (or her indoors would argue 3 children haha) £ 536.00 for the lot , it was traumatic but nothing to worry about, so the wait continues and visa soon fingers crossed good luck to every one else , lee &family
Old Sep 5th 2006, 7:27 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Graham????

Janine
Hahaha...ahaaaaaa...haaa...haaa.....hahaha

I should be so lucky!! Nothing at all, not a dicky bird. Nic went to phone them at 7 this morning and of course they're closed wednesday afternoons. Arse!

Will ring again tomorrow if we hear nothing...

Believe me you'll be the first to hear about it if we get a co/visa!!

Graham
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:24 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Hahaha...ahaaaaaa...haaa...haaa.....hahaha

I should be so lucky!! Nothing at all, not a dicky bird. Nic went to phone them at 7 this morning and of course they're closed wednesday afternoons. Arse!

Will ring again tomorrow if we hear nothing...

Believe me you'll be the first to hear about it if we get a co/visa!!

Graham
Any news Graham? Did you call Dimia?
I have a feeling you will get the visa soon. There has been an awful lot of got its this week, I reckon all the student visa applications at ASPC have been cleared and now they can concentrate on more important visa app's ie - all ours!!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:26 pm
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I have a feeling you will get the visa soon. There has been an awful lot of got its this week, I reckon all the student visa applications at ASPC have been cleared and now they can concentrate on more important visa app's ie - all ours!!!
I like that "they can concentrate on more important visa app's ie - all ours!!!"
very good PMSL
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:35 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing yet

I was in a rush this morning so left the house pretty quick but just got a text from Nic saying she tried to ring, but they were closed by 7.45! Just checked their website and they finish at 4pm (7.30 our time)!! They also have Wednesday afternoons off. Sod engineering - I want to work for Australian Immigration LOL

Will try again tomorrow (assuming we don't hear of course )

Graham
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Graham - keep positive it will be here soon.

Had meds on Tuesday at Manchester (Dr Milliom). All went ok other than attractive bruising from the bloods!!
He was really nice and easy going. Cost us £55 each for x-rays and £175 for my meds (had to have Hep B & C) and OH £125. PCC already with GMP, just waiting for them to be returned and will know in a couple of weeks whether problem with meds.

Just want to close my eyes and someone say visa granted, house sold and packed and here's your tickets, Enjoy!!! Getting frustrated and just "want to go" also.

Watty'n'arls
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:07 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Northerner aka Grahame, I have a feeling in my waters - You will be hearing about your successful visa app soon, ooh I feel like Mystic Meg, its true, not just because I have just drank a bottle of Chinese finest wine, but because I just know it - hang on in there baby - its your turn next!! p.s We looked at your blog, just being nosey, and your house is very nice since the before photos, if we had been in Madchester in 2006 we would have bought it off you for sure!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:30 am

Northerner aka Grahame, I have a feeling in my waters - You will be hearing about your successful visa app soon, ooh I feel like Mystic Meg, its true, not just because I have just drank a bottle of Chinese finest wine, but because I just know it - hang on in there baby - its your turn next!! p.s We looked at your blog, just being nosey, and your house is very nice since the before photos, if we had been in Madchester in 2006 we would have bought it off you for sure!
LOL You SOUND drunk!! Hope the wine was nice!! Good to see you're getting stuck in nice and early!!!

Glad you like the pics, think we've made a bit of a difference since we've been there - the decoration when we got it was truly awful

We'll do the usual checking of emails first thing tomorrow - if there's nothing again we'll ring and try to find out if we've got a co at least....

Enjoy the night - Mmmmmmm - wine sounds like a good idea!!!!!!

Graham
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Hi Graham - just wanted to say I really hope you either hear something tomorrow over the email, or manage to finally get through on the phone and get some response from them! I'm sure it's your turn next! Good luck for tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.