IELTS

Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi everybody just got my results back

Can't believe I done so well

Listening 7.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
Speaking 9.0 ( must have been my practise with you Jane )
overall 8.5

Hope there will be more good results for the people who attended the 19th of Jan test!!

Debby
BRILLIANT!!!!!
Well done.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
im not sure about the dutch thing, but the majority of us need the points, so we need an average of 7 or more to get 25 points, otherwise we'll only have 15 points.
(i think i'm right..?)
Afraid not. You need atleast 7 in each section. Even if like me you get 8.5 average you still might not get enough.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Thanks, I'm not convinced that I got them wrong though. I will just need to trust them to check it right. I just dont see how its possible. The only area I was a little concerned about was listening but only about the questions towards the end. However, I got 8.5 in it.
Really sorry for you - I do understand!
I asked for my first test to be rechecked, failed by 1/2 a point!
They got back to me sooooo quickly that I wasn't convinced that the paper had actually been checked. If you have got to wait such a long time before a resit then it's probably worth trying though.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:05 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Yes and no. I can resit it tomorrow if there was one......if there was one. Over here in Ireland I have to wait until May I think. Have to fly back over to the UK again. This really has annoyed me. Fingers crossed the recheck pays off.
Sorry to hear about your results Nige - Basil Paterson College in Edinburgh said they had spaces on 16th Feb when I spoke to them if you can get there? Thats where I'm sitting it.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funkydelia
Sorry to hear about your results Nige - Basil Paterson College in Edinburgh said they had spaces on 16th Feb when I spoke to them if you can get there? Thats where I'm sitting it.
Thanks, might give them a shout. I'm really shocked by this. Just for those who are looking at sitting this without preparing. I did actually prepare for it and I didnt find the test difficult, especially the reading which was just about picking answers out of some text. So, I really dont know how much preparation is enough.

Also, it doesnt half make you feel stupid having failed a silly english test.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, might give them a shout. I'm really shocked by this. Just for those who are looking at sitting this without preparing. I did actually prepare for it and I didnt find the test difficult, especially the reading which was just about picking answers out of some text. So, I really dont know how much preparation is enough.

Also, it doesnt half make you feel stupid having failed a silly english test.
That was the bit I found difficult - telling all your friends and family!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charlie-k
That was the bit I found difficult - telling all your friends and family!!
Think I'll be telling them that there was a mistake in my test and they have to recheck it. I feel like writing to DIAC and telling them to cop themselves on and accept an 8.5 average as good enough as I'm clearly proficient in english.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Think I'll be telling them that there was a mistake in my test and they have to recheck it. I feel like writing to DIAC and telling them to cop themselves on and accept an 8.5 average as good enough as I'm clearly proficient in english.
I wonder if things might change when they realise the problems IELTS is causing to people who can prove in other ways that they are profficient?
I, like many others can prove via education certificates, O Levels, A Levels Dip HE. It would be a good idea to give extra points to those of us who CAN prove profficiency and those who can't, should then take the IELTS test.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charlie-k
I wonder if things might change when they realise the problems IELTS is causing to people who can prove in other ways that they are profficient?
I, like many others can prove via education certificates, O Levels, A Levels Dip HE. It would be a good idea to give extra points to those of us who CAN prove profficiency and those who can't, should then take the IELTS test.
It really is hard to take though. Of all the things to delay my application I thought this was going to be the simplest. I was just annoyed about having to do it. I even more concerned about my police check and I'm as clean as a whistle.

8.5 but cant speak english good enough to get a visa. Yet, if my occupation was on the MODL list all I would need would be enough english to read this post. They really havent thought this out.

Last edited by knockoff nige; Feb 4th 2008 at 4:27 pm. Reason: change from most simple to simplest (oh the irony)
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

It really is hard to take though. Of all the things to delay my application I thought this was going to be the most simple. I was just annoyed about having to do it. I even more concerned about my police check and I'm as clean as a whistle.

8.5 but cant speak english good enough to get a visa. Yet, if my occupation was on the MODL list all I would need would be enough english to read this post. They really havent thought this out.
My occupation IS on the MODL list but I needed the extra 5 points as I am over 40 years of age. You are right, they haven't thought it out properly. Maybe it will sort itself out for future applicants?!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Failed! Unbelievable. Well not failed but only 6 in reading and 8, 8.5, and 9 in the rest. Shocking. How can this honestly suggest that I'm not proficient in English? Have to do this stupid exam again. I'm really annoyed. I'll be getting them to check the result again but I never have any faith in these things when you cant actually see it for yourself. Another ****** delay to this visa application.
Just saw this.

Lots of people failed the reading this time. Wonder if it was the paragraph title section?? That was the hardest part of the whole exam IMO.

Better luck next time.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:12 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Re: IELTS

Failed! Unbelievable. Well not failed but only 6 in reading and 8, 8.5, and 9 in the rest. Shocking. How can this honestly suggest that I'm not proficient in English? Have to do this stupid exam again. I'm really annoyed. I'll be getting them to check the result again but I never have any faith in these things when you cant actually see it for yourself. Another ****** delay to this visa application.
Just to let you know - my OH got a 6.5 in Writing and 8's in all the others - we appealed this writing mark and it was upgraded to a 7, so they can adjust the grade favourably. Though the appeal did take 9 weeks from start to finishl, not the 6 weeks that they say in there paperwork.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa
Just to let you know - my OH got a 6.5 in Writing and 8's in all the others - we appealed this writing mark and it was upgraded to a 7, so they can adjust the grade favourably. Though the appeal did take 9 weeks from start to finishl, not the 6 weeks that they say in there paperwork.
6 weeks? Oh no. I think thats a detterent to get you to sit it again. It might just bloody work with me. I'm still so annoyed about this. I think I'll get them to check it again and book another one. Should I get an upgrade on my recheck I'll get that money back and then try and beg for my money back on the second one (if I havent already sat it). This must be a scam.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

soory to here the news mate, but I'm sure you will be fine next time. What is a couple of weeks compared to the rest of your life!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by edie209
soory to here the news mate, but I'm sure you will be fine next time. What is a couple of weeks compared to the rest of your life!
Thanks but it will probably be more than a couple of weeks as the chances of getting another test soon are slim. Its just so pathetic. I really didnt see this coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.