IELTS

Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by dandan1
Congratulations!! Just trying to practice for mine - I've got a headache already!
I practised in the evening and if you practise a lot you won't get any suprises at the day of the test.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

This IELTS test was the last thing our CO asked for, so hopefully the meds were ok (we haven't heard anything back yet)

Now it's waiting for the VISA GRANT!!!!!!!

Debby
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dandn
I practised in the evening and if you practise a lot you won't get any suprises at the day of the test.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

This IELTS test was the last thing our CO asked for, so hopefully the meds were ok (we haven't heard anything back yet)

Now it's waiting for the VISA GRANT!!!!!!!

Debby
so you sat for IELTS after you submitted your visa app? did you need the extra 10 points from IELTS? or did you have to sit for it anyway?
just wondering...
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Hi everybody just got my results back

Can't believe I done so well

Listening 7.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
Speaking 9.0 ( must have been my practise with you Jane )
overall 8.5

Hope there will be more good results for the people who attended the 19th of Jan test!!

Debby
Got mine today at last as well!
Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 9.0
Speaking 9.0

More points yippee!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jane BK
Got mine today at last as well!
Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 9.0
Speaking 9.0

More points yippee!
WOW WEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
That's it, I've appointed you my personal INSTRUCTOR!!!

haha.... I want to sit for mine in March!! Guess I better start practicing, eh?
Did you do much "revision".. or did you just go for it?

What's the writing like??? What topics did they cover?? (if you dont mind sharing)
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ChocCake
WOW WEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
That's it, I've appointed you my personal INSTRUCTOR!!!

haha.... I want to sit for mine in March!! Guess I better start practicing, eh?
Did you do much "revision".. or did you just go for it?

What's the writing like??? What topics did they cover?? (if you dont mind sharing)
All commissions gratefully accepted!!!!!!! I did download the samples from the ielts website but didn't order a book and there were no listening tests to prepare you - just make sure you don't cough or you'll miss a bit! I did do the samples the night before - mainly so I could work out if I could write enough and my sample letter needed to be 150 words and my attempt was 150 words so I knew that would be ok. I can waffle for England so the essay was not an issue especially as I have A grade English A level and an English degree - I know how to plan an essay which helps.

Subjects : letter damage to something during a house removal (practice for Oz!) and the essay was the pros/cons of single sex v co-ed education, giving opinions, and evidence if you can. The hardest element was the reading/comprehension as some of it is a yes/no type answer and other bits down to personal judgement so it is worth doing some of these!

Good luck
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jane BK
All commissions gratefully accepted!!!!!!! I did download the samples from the ielts website but didn't order a book and there were no listening tests to prepare you - just make sure you don't cough or you'll miss a bit! I did do the samples the night before - mainly so I could work out if I could write enough and my sample letter needed to be 150 words and my attempt was 150 words so I knew that would be ok. I can waffle for England so the essay was not an issue especially as I have A grade English A level and an English degree - I know how to plan an essay which helps.

Subjects : letter damage to something during a house removal (practice for Oz!) and the essay was the pros/cons of single sex v co-ed education, giving opinions, and evidence if you can. The hardest element was the reading/comprehension as some of it is a yes/no type answer and other bits down to personal judgement so it is worth doing some of these!

Good luck
wow!! yea i heard a lot of people said about the reading being hard.
my worry is more the writing (worried about writing so many words and my handwriting gradually getting worse..) and to plan an essay... to it has a start, middle & end. something i haven't done since i left school!!

urg... need some practice me thinks!! thanks for the tips though

CONGRATS again!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Failed! Unbelievable. Well not failed but only 6 in reading and 8, 8.5, and 9 in the rest. Shocking. How can this honestly suggest that I'm not proficient in English? Have to do this stupid exam again. I'm really annoyed. I'll be getting them to check the result again but I never have any faith in these things when you cant actually see it for yourself. Another ****** delay to this visa application.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

so you sat for IELTS after you submitted your visa app? did you need the extra 10 points from IELTS? or did you have to sit for it anyway?
just wondering...
No I'm Dutch my husband who is english is the main applicant but they wanted to know if was able to speak etc the english language . So I only needed an average band of 4.5 ......

Debby
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Failed! Unbelievable. Well not failed but only 6 in reading and 8, 8.5, and 9 in the rest. Shocking. How can this honestly suggest that I'm not proficient in English? Have to do this stupid exam again. I'm really annoyed. I'll be getting them to check the result again but I never have any faith in these things when you cant actually see it for yourself. Another ****** delay to this visa application.
I'm so sorry to hear that Nige!!!

Don't give up!!!

All the best
Debby
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

i am so sorry!!! dont give up, at least now you know to concentrate on that section..? you'll be fine the next time round.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

i am so sorry!!! dont give up, at least now you know to concentrate on that section..? you'll be fine the next time round.
Thanks, I'm not convinced that I got them wrong though. I will just need to trust them to check it right. I just dont see how its possible. The only area I was a little concerned about was listening but only about the questions towards the end. However, I got 8.5 in it.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, I'm not convinced that I got them wrong though. I will just need to trust them to check it right. I just dont see how its possible. The only area I was a little concerned about was listening but only about the questions towards the end. However, I got 8.5 in it.
do you have to wait a period... before you re-sit??
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

do you have to wait a period... before you re-sit??
Yes and no. I can resit it tomorrow if there was one......if there was one. Over here in Ireland I have to wait until May I think. Have to fly back over to the UK again. This really has annoyed me. Fingers crossed the recheck pays off.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

No I'm Dutch my husband who is english is the main applicant but they wanted to know if was able to speak etc the english language . So I only needed an average band of 4.5 ......

Debby
Hi, Just saw that you are Dutch and therefore only need 4.5. So does that mean that you only need 5 in the 4 main areas? I am Danish and that's the first time I have heard that. I really hope so - kept thinking if the native english speakers fail - what chances would I have.....
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi, Just saw that you are Dutch and therefore only need 4.5. So does that mean that you only need 5 in the 4 main areas? I am Danish and that's the first time I have heard that. I really hope so - kept thinking if the native english speakers fail - what chances would I have.....
im not sure about the dutch thing, but the majority of us need the points, so we need an average of 7 or more to get 25 points, otherwise we'll only have 15 points.
(i think i'm right..?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.