IELTS

Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:03 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by allankate
Yeah I couldn't believe that either, but then I thought to myself well if that's his standard of written English I don't think much of his chances actually getting a Job if his spoken English is at the same level..

Allan
True.
I don't even need an ielts test for my application but I just thought it was crap that English people have to prove they can speak English when others dont! I've had my rant now, I feel alot beta
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

To all those that took their test on the 16th, can I be cheeky and ask what topics you were given for the writing part? I'm doing the test on the 16th Feb and getting somewhat nervous!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dandan1
To all those that took their test on the 16th, can I be cheeky and ask what topics you were given for the writing part? I'm doing the test on the 16th Feb and getting somewhat nervous!!!
I think you mean the 19th. I had to write a letter complaining to a moval company about a piece of my furniture they damaged. If it was real life, they'd have sent me a solicitors letter because I went on a real rant.

The second part was to write about 'should boys go to school with girls'
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I think you mean the 19th. I had to write a letter complaining to a moval company about a piece of my furniture they damaged. If it was real life, they'd have sent me a solicitors letter because I went on a real rant.

The second part was to write about 'should boys go to school with girls'
thanks for that. it IS the WRITING part that im most worried about actually. do you have to write (using a pen) or do you get to use the computer?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that, Nige, and yes, I do mean the 19th!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:13 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
thanks for that. it IS the WRITING part that im most worried about actually. do you have to write (using a pen) or do you get to use the computer?
You write using a Pencil. Deductions made for having less words, grammar, etc. Try to avoid copying chunks from the question, at least try rearranging them.

Illegible words can cost you dearly, because affect not only word count but the sentence structure, and it just keeps on going.
NJ
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newjersey
You write using a Pencil. Deductions made for having less words, grammar, etc. Try to avoid copying chunks from the question, at least try rearranging them.

Illegible words can cost you dearly, because affect not only word count but the sentence structure, and it just keeps on going.
NJ
so, i assume you get given some paper to scribble on before you finalise your answer on the answer sheet?
sigh.... dont WRITE very often since I left Uni!!! my writing will be horrendous!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

so, i assume you get given some paper to scribble on before you finalise your answer on the answer sheet?
sigh.... dont WRITE very often since I left Uni!!! my writing will be horrendous!
I meant to ask while I was in the test centre whether hand writing cost you points but forgot. I doubt it would though. Mine is also awful but I'm pretty sure its readable. What got me was having to write for so long. My hand got tired and so hand writing suffered. Dont forget your punctuation.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dandn
Congratulations on the job!!!!!
Good Luck!!!!

I've done the IELTS last saturday and only the bit that was slightly more difficult were the reading passages... Don't know the results yet but hopefully I've done ok!!

Debby
I would agree with you - the reading/comprehension tests were harder than expected so some revision is worthwhile - and I have an A grade at English A level (from when it counted) and an English degree. Thanks to you I've now joined and this is my first message - wondered if I'd find you!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yeah I got that one. Did you have to write a letter to a moving company about damaged furniture aswell?
Sorry for my late reply ....yes i had to do this one as well.....and the essay about girls and boys schools
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jane BK
I would agree with you - the reading/comprehension tests were harder than expected so some revision is worthwhile - and I have an A grade at English A level (from when it counted) and an English degree. Thanks to you I've now joined and this is my first message - wondered if I'd find you!
Hi Jane!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you've joined!!!!! we have to keep in touch!!! I was thinking after I left I should have given you my email address!!!
How did you speaking test go?????

Debby

Last edited by dandn; Jan 26th 2008 at 11:33 am.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

No not really....just write with pencil so you can correct when you write....you definetly don't have enough time to do that with your writing test...you can write in the qurstion booklets though...

Hope this helps!!!

Debby
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

question I mean ...oops
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Am I allowed to write the answers whilst doing the reading test or do I have to wait?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millie11
Am I allowed to write the answers whilst doing the reading test or do I have to wait?
Yes. Log on to the ielts website for tips and format:
www.ielts.org

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.