Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Basty
No please don't say that, I was hoping he might get better as he got older but not so far
my parents used to say.. little children little problems.. big children.. big problems.. they have 5!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

sorry haven'y worked out the multiquote thing yet!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:47 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kdiggers
Do you know what Mary, I feel exactly the same as you, I hate them too ! ! !

Keely.
Think Basty hates them more than us at the moment

OHHHH Mairead, you had a message at the bottom of my last message but it didn't come out.

I was only saying 'LOOK i can multi quote, i've sussed it out' no looking back for me know!!!!

Oh my god how my mood has just changed and for no apparent reason apart from my 6 year old being a spoilt little brat as usual. All they ask for is 'sweets this sweets that their my sweets' uurrgghhh it does my head in, and the stupid baby whinge jesus he is worse than my 2 year old.

So I have just gone off on one big time in front of his friends and I feel well guilty now just can't believe how much he does my head in
Didn't last long Just wait until he's 15 going on 16..................... It's horrible when they don't need you as much, i feel positively redundant sometimes
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Huni
sorry haven'y worked out the multiquote thing yet!

Every time you see a message you want to respond to, click the button to the right of the quote button (the one in the middle). When you're ready to reply, click on new reply (bottom of page on the left) and it brings everything up in one box. You then just go through each one and post your message under the quote at the end of each message. That's how i do it anyway, there may be an easier method, but i've not yet found it!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mairead
sopanick our daughter is 17 months now. Yep the are really cute at that age mind you I am looking forward to the stage where I can talk to her!!! You know little things like its time for bed now and off she goes!!!
My little one is almost 17 months - but I have 5,7, and 10 - I have yet to have an experience with any of them where I say "off to bed" and they go. The oldest 2 will get into bed - but read under the covers. The 5 yo has many "needs" at bed time

They are cute at 17 mos - enjoy it!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by tiger222
My little one is almost 17 months - but I have 5,7, and 10 - I have yet to have an experience with any of them where I say "off to bed" and they go. The oldest 2 will get into bed - but read under the covers. The 5 yo has many "needs" at bed time

My thoughts exactly!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Think Basty hates them more than us at the moment

Didn't last long Just wait until he's 15 going on 16..................... It's horrible when they don't need you as much, i feel positively redundant sometimes
I know what you mean, I tend to enjoy Brooke more cos she needs me more and likes to cuddle before bed, where its near impossible to even get a kiss from Calum, mind you Carl has always put Calum to bed and read to him and Brooke well I take her up tuck her in give her a book and she reads it to her teddys (or so she says)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all - thread crashing again.

Good news for you Mairead, my daughter put herself to bed between the ages of 3 and 5. Nowadays, she is a party animal and frequently stays up after me, reading and listening to music in her room. (She's 8!!) being sent to bed is accompanied with much eye rolling and 'Oh Mum's' The great thing is she doesn't get up early. Every weekend is proper lie in time!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening all - thread crashing again.

Good news for you Mairead, my daughter put herself to bed between the ages of 3 and 5. Nowadays, she is a party animal and frequently stays up after me, reading and listening to music in her room. (She's 8!!) being sent to bed is accompanied with much eye rolling and 'Oh Mum's' The great thing is she doesn't get up early. Every weekend is proper lie in time!
Bliss only a couple more years then
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Bliss only a couple more years then
Fingers crossed for you. We used bribery. If you put yourself to bed, we will read you 2 stories etc. She also used to put herself to sleep at nap time - we had a bean bag in the living room and she used to snuggle up on it when she was tired.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Fingers crossed for you. We used bribery. If you put yourself to bed, we will read you 2 stories etc. She also used to put herself to sleep at nap time - we had a bean bag in the living room and she used to snuggle up on it when she was tired.
You are joking, get mine to sleep in the day - no chance even if they are dead on their little feet Mine do go to bed fine though so that is a blessing
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Huni
just you wait..... when they can talk... they don't stop.. my 7 year old can talk for England.. and win!!!.. they suddenly know everything about everything.. and treat you like you're the one who doesn't know... it is very funny at time.. and all fun... i love it!.. (i'm a 'not in the classroom anymore' primary school teacher so 3 is brilliant compared to 30!)
30 You must have the patience of a saint!!

Originally Posted by tiger222

I am probably dreaming thinking bedtime while be a pleasant experience but as a first time idyllic mom my child will go to bed when asked politely, she will be a scholarship student and go on to discover a cure for the next medical threat!!! Oh and have her mothers good looks :
We can wish eh !!

Good news for you Mairead, my daughter put herself to bed between the ages of 3 and 5.
Now thats what I'm talking about!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

PMSL you lot, they are great, enjoy every minute of them while they are little. There are times when I would like to strangle the older 2, but they are also so funny when they come out with things like "what was school like when you were there cos my teacher says you are victorian". "How did you sterilise my bottles cos they didn't have equipment then" and all sorts like that.

I love them to bits and as previously said would not change any of them, they are all very different in their ways.

Good luck all Lou xx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mary1967
Every time you see a message you want to respond to, click the button to the right of the quote button (the one in the middle). When you're ready to reply, click on new reply (bottom of page on the left) and it brings everything up in one box. You then just go through each one and post your message under the quote at the end of each message. That's how i do it anyway, there may be an easier method, but i've not yet found it!!!

Mary 1967.. thanks.. if this works it will be my first multiqute!!!

[QUOTE=Mairead;6189683]30 You must have the patience of a saint!!

[COLOR="Red"]I'm very patient with children.. i love working with them, teaching.. and having mine at home.. I can't stand always having to remind.. adults.. i think they should be old enough to know better... I especially can't stand the antics of my MIL.. who we are staying with right now.. so not quite the saint!
I am probably dreaming thinking bedtime while be a pleasant experience but as a first time idyllic mom my child will go to bed when asked politely, she will be a scholarship student and go on to discover a cure for the next medical threat!!! Oh and have her mothers good looks :
We can wish eh !!

[COLOR="red"]we have the bath.. story.. bed with story tape routine... for the nights i'm not teaching.. it seems to work.. when my 7 year old was 3-5 i used to be able to put the tape on and leave him when i was teaching (piano downstairs..) and he would put himself to sleep.. now.. i teach at my parent's house.. so we have to take the bus home to MIL.. and he just goes to bed becuase it's past 7!!!..the 2 year old though.. i usually need to stay with her and she says "I can't see you!"...
I find the music helps them fall alseep quickly... last week the tape recorder broke.. and she was a nightmare getting to sleep// i think i stayed with her 1 1/2 hours one night.... probably fell asleep myself.. !! so bought a tape recorder monday!.. all back to normal!

they really are funny when they start!.. plenty of laughs!
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited by Huni; Apr 10th 2008 at 6:18 am. Reason: make for clearer reading!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
PMSL you lot, they are great, enjoy every minute of them while they are little. There are times when I would like to strangle the older 2, but they are also so funny when they come out with things like "what was school like when you were there cos my teacher says you are victorian". "How did you sterilise my bottles cos they didn't have equipment then" and all sorts like that.

I love them to bits and as previously said would not change any of them, they are all very different in their ways.

Good luck all Lou xx
i'm with you... enjoy every minute... whether good or bad that minute won't come back.. they grow up so quickly..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.