Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Any news on how your OH's IELTS went?
OH Called to say he finished the 3 hour part and he's off to lunch. Said it went well, but I'll hear more later.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:02 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
OH Called to say he finished the 3 hour part and he's off to lunch. Said it went well, but I'll hear more later.
Fingers crossed!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:05 am

This is an extract from an email i had from a school in Perth:

"Our school year does not finish until December 18th so we would be happy to enroll your girls when they arrive in October if you like. As for what year you have a bit of flexibility. I did the math on the birthdates but if I have it wrong let me know! Your youngest with a 1995 birth date would currently be in year 8 for 2008 and year 9 in 2009. As for your eldest, our current year 11’s have 1992 birth dates which would put her in year 12 on 2009. However as year 11 and 12 are studied as a pair of years for Graduation and University entry I would suggest that she start year 11 in 2009. I wouldn’t get too hung up on the age and just go with what’s most appropriate for your child. Even though the majority of our students would have the same birth year in each year level there are always and number of students who would be a year older or younger."
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Welcome back Basty, glad you had a good time.

EA - We are in North Yorkshire and although we have not put ours on the market yet, you can put you house with as many estate agents as you wish. Some of my friends think that it makes them work harder as they want to beat the competition and sell for their fee.

I don't know if this is the same everywhere but it may be worth bearing in mind as then you can put your house up with another EA whilst waiting for the 14 days to lapse.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Good luck and hope you have passed the test.

Lou xx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to hearing how it went

Mairead - I feel your frustration with the EA - but your description is rather humorous.
Twas an old Irish saying to be sure to be sure!!!

Well OH had his driving test today and he passed!!! I have mine in June or maybe a bit earlier if they have a cancellation. Would you believe that both Damien and I have have been driving for years but are only getting around to doing our test now!!! God, If I fail the test he will never let me forget it!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Well OH had his driving test today and he passed!!! I have mine in June or maybe a bit earlier if they have a cancellation. Would you believe that both Damien and I have have been driving for years but are only getting around to doing our test now!!! God, If I fail the test he will never let me forget it!![/QUOTE]

I love the old Irish sayings but what I wanted to say was well done to your OH on his driving test and all the very best for yours in June.

Lou xx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mairead

Well OH had his driving test today and he passed!!! I have mine in June or maybe a bit earlier if they have a cancellation. Would you believe that both Damien and I have have been driving for years but are only getting around to doing our test now!!! God, If I fail the test he will never let me forget it!!
Hey - I don't understand, how can you have been driving for years without a licence???????
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by loubiegreen

EA - We are in North Yorkshire and although we have not put ours on the market yet, you can put you house with as many estate agents as you wish. Some of my friends think that it makes them work harder as they want to beat the competition and sell for their fee.

I don't know if this is the same everywhere but it may be worth bearing in mind as then you can put your house up with another EA whilst waiting for the 14 days to lapse.

Kind regards Lou xx

Unfortunately our contract says we can't put it up with anyone else until their agreement has ended:curse: which will be on the 4th May
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Kind regards Lou xx

Hi Lou

Yes I think we can put it up with other EA's but I think the fee doubles, I will have to get the contract out and have a proper look
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately our contract says we can't put it up with anyone else until their agreement has ended:curse: which will be on the 4th May
Hi Mary, for once we are here together
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mairead

I passed driving test by the skin of my teeth three years ago thank god(which means that I can I can apply for an Oz licence without having to sit a test-I think). However my partner has to sit his test still. We are hoping that it will happen before we fly out in June.
Even if he does get his test before we go I am sure there is a stipulation where he has to have someone with more experience than me sitting in the passenger seat. Which means that on our dream trip up the coast to Queensland I will have to do all the driving while my worse half(Hee Hee) will get to sit there smoking and drinking his heart out and will also have control of the music. Not fair.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Basty
Hey - I don't understand, how can you have been driving for years without a licence???????
Ha Ha. The joys of Ireland. All we had to do to in order to get a provisional(its changed now) is to fill out a form and send it in(correct me if I am wrong). Then a provisional licence would be sent to you. And then you get into the car and drive(insurance allowing). It was great. Now you have to know what the tyre depth for tractors and such is.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Maireed Sorry that looks like I am taking the ****, I don't know what I did there to knock off the quote bit. Sorry again.

Thats not good hun. Will have to check on the fine details when we eventually get ours on the market. Good luck anyway.

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi Lou

Yes I think we can put it up with other EA's but I think the fee doubles, I will have to get the contract out and have a proper look
That is also not good. Bloody hell that gives me more food for thought again.

Good luck everyone and Maireed sorry again really wasn't taking the michael.

Lou xxx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Ha Ha. The joys of Ireland. All we had to do to in order to get a provisional(its changed now) is to fill out a form and send it in(correct me if I am wrong). Then a provisional licence would be sent to you. And then you get into the car and drive(insurance allowing). It was great. Now you have to know what the tyre depth for tractors and such is.

We can drive here just on a provisional, but you've got to have someone in the car who's got a full licence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.