Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Huni
Keep going!!

.. I know this might make you cross... but Jem (7) and I ran 8 miles today to raise money for ADRA a relief agency.. I ran with my 1 year old in the sling and the2 year old in the pram.. Jem kept telling me off for slowing him down!
He's doing all these activities to raise £1000 for ADRA.. Online and offline we have collected £700 so far!
http://www.croydonadventist.org/adra/v.php?vol=jemuelr
Thats good. Eight miles? I want to be able to do that without falling down.

All I seem to do at the moment is work and sleep so when I get to Oz I plan on taking up surfing and something like kick boxing (without the violence). I definately plan on having a good work-life balance out there. All I have to do now is build up the fitness levels as I want to be ready to start once I get out there. Going to buy myself a bike over there aswell.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bailey1
I have just been out for a run as I am trying to get fit for all those bikinis. I ran for 10 mins and had to stop as the wheezing became too much. And I am not even a smoker. I will try for 11 mins tomorrow.
Go girl.....................like Mary, I run up the stairs and am panting Just started swimming a couple of times a week, thats my effort for the minute
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Thats good. Eight miles? I want to be able to do that without falling down.

All I seem to do at the moment is work and sleep so when I get to Oz I plan on taking up surfing and something like kick boxing (without the violence). I definately plan on having a good work-life balance out there. All I have to do now is build up the fitness levels as I want to be ready to start once I get out there. Going to buy myself a bike over there aswell.
Bailey, I think you may be right!!! Found this on another thread.

Irish provisional licence will mean you start at the very beginning in NSW.
If you have a full licence for less than 1 year you go on to P1 plate for 12 months then do a test and go on to P2 plates for 2 years.
If you have full licence between 1 - 3 years you go on to P2 plates for 2 years.
greater than 3 years you get full license.

Not good news. Not good news at all!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

I have just been out for a run as I am trying to get fit for all those bikinis. I ran for 10 mins and had to stop as the wheezing became too much. And I am not even a smoker. I will try for 11 mins tomorrow.
At least you are trying hun, (more than I can say ) I would need coronary care if I tried lolol. Keep it up you will get there.

Originally Posted by Huni
Keep going!!

.. I know this might make you cross... but Jem (7) and I ran 8 miles today to raise money for ADRA a relief agency.. I ran with my 1 year old in the sling and the2 year old in the pram.. Jem kept telling me off for slowing him down!
He's doing all these activities to raise £1000 for ADRA.. Online and offline we have collected £700 so far!
http://www.croydonadventist.org/adra/v.php?vol=jemuelr
That is fantastic, nice to see people still do have a heart and are willing to help others.

Originally Posted by Mairead
Bailey, I think you may be right!!! Found this on another thread.

Irish provisional licence will mean you start at the very beginning in NSW.
If you have a full licence for less than 1 year you go on to P1 plate for 12 months then do a test and go on to P2 plates for 2 years.
If you have full licence between 1 - 3 years you go on to P2 plates for 2 years.
greater than 3 years you get full license.

Not good news. Not good news at all!!!
For once that is good news for us we have both been driving for a good few years now. Thanks for that one Maireed.

Kind regards to all

Lou xxxx
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
For once that is good news for us we have both been driving for a good few years now. Thanks for that one Maireed.

Kind regards to all

Lou xxxx
Got this off the DIAC website:

If you are a permanent resident visa holder and have a current driver's licence from another country, in English or with an official translation, you are allowed to drive for your first three months after arrival.

After the three months, if you want to drive, you will need to have the appropriate driver's license. This will usually require you to pass a knowledge test, a practical driving test, and an eyesight test. In Australia, drivers' licenses are issued by state and territory governments.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222
Got this off the DIAC website:

If you are a permanent resident visa holder and have a current driver's licence from another country, in English or with an official translation, you are allowed to drive for your first three months after arrival.

After the three months, if you want to drive, you will need to have the appropriate driver's license. This will usually require you to pass a knowledge test, a practical driving test, and an eyesight test. In Australia, drivers' licenses are issued by state and territory governments.

Tiger if you have your Full UK license for longer than 3 years you can just go in and change it to a full Ozzie one without having to sit a test. As OH and I will only have ours for a few months we will have to go on P plates, AGAIN!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is the link to the Victoria license page for overseas drivers:

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...rsLicences.htm
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:05 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tiger if you have your Full UK license for longer than 3 years you can just go in and change it to a full Ozzie one without having to sit a test. As OH and I will only have ours for a few months we will have to go on P plates, AGAIN!!

That was my understanding as well.

P plates Don't think i'd pass if i had to take it again.............still can't reverse into a space after 20 years
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hey this is good news. Although I am the greatest driver in the world and would pass a driving test in a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel, its good I wont have to do it again (the test that is, not the shopping trolley bit)
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mary1967
That was my understanding as well.

P plates Don't think i'd pass if i had to take it again.............still can't reverse into a space after 20 years
Its the reversing round the corner gets me every time !!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey this is good news. Although I am the greatest driver in the world and would pass a driving test in a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel, its good I wont have to do it again (the test that is, not the shopping trolley bit)

Lucky you!!! Cant believe Im going to have to be on P plates for another 3 years :curse::curse:!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:26 pm

Lucky you!!! Cant believe Im going to have to be on P plates for another 3 years :curse::curse:!!!

That's what he says!!!! Fortunately he's going to a different region so we won't need the extra insurance
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

That's what he says!!!! Fortunately he's going to a different region so we won't need the extra insurance
Yeah but I'll come visit
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yeah but I'll come visit

Just give me plenty of notice to up grade the insurance.

Just had this post on the December thread off Alan Collett:

"Visa grant today for an application lodged on 8th November, 2007 ... subclass 176 ... not long for you December applicants ... consider arranging medicals and police clearance certs in the next 4 to 6 weeks if not done already ...

Best regards."

It's getting closer, and guess what? I'm a DECEMBER applicant!!!! Means nothing i know, but a girl can hope ..................oh god, still not sold the house
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just give me plenty of notice to up grade the insurance.

Just had this post on the December thread off Alan Collett:

"Visa grant today for an application lodged on 8th November, 2007 ... subclass 176 ... not long for you December applicants ... consider arranging medicals and police clearance certs in the next 4 to 6 weeks if not done already ...

Best regards."

It's getting closer, and guess what? I'm a DECEMBER applicant!!!! Means nothing i know, but a girl can hope ..................oh god, still not sold the house
If you think about it, you could have a co in a couple of weeks. I'm really happy for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.