Don't bother with the Student visa!

Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:34 am
Just Joined

LUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't bother with the Student visa!

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
There are no perfect countries around the world Luis. I think you know that. If you were living in London, I'm sure you had found negative things as well.

I'm in Adelaide with a student visa waiting the Permanent visa to be granted. This is not a paradise but it is much better than any country in Latin America. Actually, I'm from Colombia and have a brother living in Canadá, another beautiful country like Australia with positive and negative things too.

Daniel
Oh yeah man, that's true for sure. Living in most Latin American countries is like living in hell.

I think I've been misunderstood. I made the comments I made because it really surprises me to see so many Brits desperate to move to Australia been the UK a good place to live.

As a Peruvian, I can clearly understand why many Latin Americans are so desperate to move to developed countries. I have friends from my country living ilegally in the USA and they have a better standard of living working as pizza deliverers, cleaners, waiters and so on than they had in Peru working as professionals.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
if you are prepared to keep a positive attitude and be accountable for your own success. If you find one city in one state is not what you are looking for, you'll certainly find it elsewhere.
...and yet you don't afford the UK the same privilege.

Luis - go live in the UK for a few years and then come back on this forum and tell us you don't understand why we're choosing Australia over staying there!!!!
Hmmm.....all about positive attitude eh?

Last edited by bcworld; Jul 30th 2008 at 3:23 am.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't anyone be put off by Luis' posts of doom. His experience is specific and unusual. Yes I have lived in Australia and in fact have visited every state - the vast majority is still welcoming, multicultural and full of opportunity if you are prepared to keep a positive attitude and be accountable for your own success. If you find one city in one state is not what you are looking for, you'll certainly find it elsewhere.

I just don't understand why people come on this forum and bitch about Australia when it's designed for people trying to get there!
Its also designed for people living IN Australia. After all without posts from people already here there would be a serious lack of info about real life here.

Originally Posted by LUIS 9
It's still a great country in which there are many opportunities for the future, but things are not as wonderful as migration agents tell you.
AIn't that the truth

Its worth some posters bearing in mind too that we didn't all come here in search of the fabled "better life". Some of us came here to be with family members, some came to marry, a myriad of reasons exist for migration to Aus.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly30
i completley agree with you.
Me and my husband plus 2 children spent our life savings too..and have ended up coming home....
It is a very,very expensive way to get PR.

i would think very carefully about going down this route, and ensure you have sufficent funds to last year at least 3 years.
Hi Holly,

would you mind me asking why you ended up coming home? It would be great for those of us who are already here to know if there is anything to look out for.
Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

froda is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we have going for it although we are going for a reccie first before we commit totally. We have been quoted $10,000 for our son to school per year. We just look at it as a small expense for a great experience.