Don't bother with the Student visa!

Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Don't bother with the Student visa!

Just a quick post to all those thinking about studying in Australia with a view to PR. I really wouldn't recommend it. You will spend thousands upon thousands of pounds on a course and many more thousands on living here. We have spent our life savings and may have to go home at the end of it. There is no guarantee of getting in and things are changing all the time. It is much harder to get in now and it only looks like it is getting worse for the future.

My advise is to train in the UK and apply when you have a proper chance of getting in. Don't risk your house and your savings on something which is so unstable.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't bother with the Student visa!

Advice from another student, DO IT!!!
The only extra we have spent than we would have done coming over anyway is the money for our course. Of course we don't have kids to pay for, so money much better for us, and we have both found part time work so easily covering our expenses.
No guarentee we will be able to stay, but worth the risk.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

I would say do it as a calculated risk, set out with the view that you are paying for a 2 year holiday in Oz and are allowed to work for 20hrs a week each and have to pay for everything. you might get residency if your lucky but worst of all make a plan B just in case.

If it is too much of a risk then stay and study in the UK and get your work experiance. May take years and years but if you want to move that much then Australia will still be here in 7 years. Make every decision count and dont set up shop here till you have your PR. And for the love of GOD do your HOMEWORK.

We have friends on the same route who are still spending on there UK credit cards into the thousands cause they beleive they will get PR at the end.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Don't do it????!!!
Not likely!!!!

So what if it skints us, there's only us 2 to think about, and if we don't get PR then we'll make damn sure we'll have had the time of our lives trying.
It'll be hard expensive work, but you only live once. If we have to come back to the UK penniless then so what. We'll start again.
Those with children might find it a bit more difficult though.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tasmas
Don't do it????!!!
Not likely!!!!

So what if it skints us, there's only us 2 to think about, and if we don't get PR then we'll make damn sure we'll have had the time of our lives trying.
It'll be hard expensive work, but you only live once. If we have to come back to the UK penniless then so what. We'll start again.
Those with children might find it a bit more difficult though.
Good for you , that's how we feel , if the house goes we are going for it , we have the same opinion as you , you only live once and at worst we'll have 2-3 years somewhere we love and we'll have a ball whilst we're there .we have a 14 year old son and he is massively excited about the whole thing .
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rossi7
Good for you , that's how we feel , if the house goes we are going for it , we have the same opinion as you , you only live once and at worst we'll have 2-3 years somewhere we love and we'll have a ball whilst we're there .we have a 14 year old son and he is massively excited about the whole thing .

Gotta give it a go. Going off the subject - Rossi fan? OH just sold his R1, money in bank for Oz and I don't have to worry for a while!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Rossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant futureRossi7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tasmas
Gotta give it a go. Going off the subject - Rossi fan? OH just sold his R1, money in bank for Oz and I don't have to worry for a while!!

I am , but just a coincidence have my licence but no bike at present

My surname is Ross and my nickname is , yes you guessed it Rossi , the 7 is becausee my son is a number 7 ( Rugby League Scrum Half )

Where are you palnning on going at what are you gonna do ??
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am , but just a coincidence have my licence but no bike at present

My surname is Ross and my nickname is , yes you guessed it Rossi , the 7 is becausee my son is a number 7 ( Rugby League Scrum Half )

Where are you palnning on going at what are you gonna do ??
Ooops. Show what assuming does!!!!

Planning on hairdressing, gold coast. What about you, is you or the wife thats studying?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

I am planning on studying Horticulture ( office based at the moment and fancy a big change! ) , we are also going to the Gold Coast
will cost cost us an arm and a leg but that's the deal unfortunately.

Are you studying at a TAFE college ?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am planning on studying Horticulture ( office based at the moment and fancy a big change! ) , we are also going to the Gold Coast
will cost cost us an arm and a leg but that's the deal unfortunately.

Are you studying at a TAFE college ?
I'll PM you instead of hijacking this thread.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sambo76
Just a quick post to all those thinking about studying in Australia with a view to PR. I really wouldn't recommend it. You will spend thousands upon thousands of pounds on a course and many more thousands on living here. We have spent our life savings and may have to go home at the end of it. There is no guarantee of getting in and things are changing all the time. It is much harder to get in now and it only looks like it is getting worse for the future.

My advise is to train in the UK and apply when you have a proper chance of getting in. Don't risk your house and your savings on something which is so unstable.
thanks !
i feel totally depressed now.
as i,m starting my 2 yr student visa in jan.

anyone over there will a sucsess story to tell us about gaining pr on a student visa??
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by shark bait
thanks !
i feel totally depressed now.
as i,m starting my 2 yr student visa in jan.

anyone over there will a sucsess story to tell us about gaining pr on a student visa??
Tried to depress me earlier too, don't let them!

Go for it mate...... as i said before those you don't have the guts to do it for themsleves always spoil it for others.

If it's what you want, go for it.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

your right
go to go will the 'glass is half full' attitude.
I,m not expecting an easy time on a student visa , its definnatly going to cost a lot especially with a family , but retraining in the uk would take 5 years.

anyone else starting at Nambour in January?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by shark bait
your right
go to go will the 'glass is half full' attitude.
I,m not expecting an easy time on a student visa , its definnatly going to cost a lot especially with a family , but retraining in the uk would take 5 years.

anyone else starting at Nambour in January?
Well, was looking at hairdressing but the college i was going to enrol at is up for sale! so who knows what we're doing now!

Hubby is now thinking about the horticulture course at nambour. He's unsure at the momnet as its years since he's been at school and he's 40yrs old!

What do reckon?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

I,m starting the horticulture course in Jan.
love the great outdoors.
better than being couped up in an office or warehouse!
Being 40 is not a problem .
that when life begins isn't it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.