Don't bother with the Student visa!

Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

LUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't bother with the Student visa!

Aaaahhh, my dear British fellas.

Our motives are so different. Too bad I wasn't born in the UK.

I haven't come to Australia because of the weather (Melbourne's weather is shit anyway) or BBQs. I have come here because I want to secure my future and my family's. In Latin America in general life is so hard, dangerous and unfair, you wouldn't believe it.

But anyway, for those of you who haven't come to Australia yet. Be aware that things are not as wonderful as they are shown.
At least in Melbourne, is getting harder to find jobs, the city is getting more and more dangerous at night and the multiculturalism thing is not that great. Australian-born people are usually very friendly and social, but most of the "multicultural" people aren't.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LUIS 9

I haven't come to Australia because of the weather (Melbourne's weather is shit anyway) or BBQs. I have come here because I want to secure my future and my family's. In Latin America in general life is so hard, dangerous and unfair, you wouldn't believe it.

But anyway, for those of you who haven't come to Australia yet. Be aware that things are not as wonderful as they are shown.
At least in Melbourne, is getting harder to find jobs, the city is getting more and more dangerous at night and the multiculturalism thing is not that great. Australian-born people are usually very friendly and social, but most of the "multicultural" people aren't.
Just out of curiousity Luis, why didn't you come to the UK if you're not interested in BBQ's and the weather? Thats not what I'm going to Oz for but it does add to the improved lifestyle. Which inturn makes us and our families more healthy and happy.

I'm sure that is why most Brits on BE are emigrating - or trying to!!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

LUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tasmas
Just out of curiousity Luis, why didn't you come to the UK if you're not interested in BBQ's and the weather? Thats not what I'm going to Oz for but it does add to the improved lifestyle. Which inturn makes us and our families more healthy and happy.

I'm sure that is why most Brits on BE are emigrating - or trying to!!

Because I didn't know that the UK had a migration program, and it is much more expensive than Australia.
I would love to go the the UK, I have never been in Europe though.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Because I didn't know that the UK had a migration program, and it is much more expensive than Australia.
I would love to go the the UK, I have never been in Europe though.
I didn't realise that its more expensive over here for migrants. mmm I've learned something today then, thank you Luis.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tasmas
I didn't realise that its more expensive over here for migrants. mmm I've learned something today then, thank you Luis.
You're welcome
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sambo76
Just a quick post to all those thinking about studying in Australia with a view to PR. I really wouldn't recommend it. You will spend thousands upon thousands of pounds on a course and many more thousands on living here. We have spent our life savings and may have to go home at the end of it. There is no guarantee of getting in and things are changing all the time. It is much harder to get in now and it only looks like it is getting worse for the future.

My advise is to train in the UK and apply when you have a proper chance of getting in. Don't risk your house and your savings on something which is so unstable.
i completley agree with you.
Me and my husband plus 2 children spent our life savings too..and have ended up coming home....
It is a very,very expensive way to get PR.

i would think very carefully about going down this route, and ensure you have sufficent funds to last year at least 3 years.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by holly30
i completley agree with you.
Me and my husband plus 2 children spent our life savings too..and have ended up coming home....
It is a very,very expensive way to get PR.

i would think very carefully about going down this route, and ensure you have sufficent funds to last year at least 3 years.
Hi Holly

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. May i ask why?

For us, it looks like our only way in. We're selling our house and business to fund the whole thing and are prepared for the expense. like i've said before, its this way or no way.

We have to give it a go, or we'll never know. hubby is going to try and look for a sponsor too, but the student visa at the moment is our only way in.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:18 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

hi
i completly understand what you are saying..and i wouldn't change my experience for the world...it was brill!!!

just money didn't add up for us...just be careful and try not to make costly mistakes whilst your there.

go for it..you will have a great time...and i'm sure it will work out for you

i was on the gold coast so if you need any advice PM me

holly
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by holly30
hi
i completly understand what you are saying..and i wouldn't change my experience for the world...it was brill!!!

just money didn't add up for us...just be careful and try not to make costly mistakes whilst your there.

go for it..you will have a great time...and i'm sure it will work out for you

i was on the gold coast so if you need any advice PM me

holly
I'm really sorry to hear that Holly. Are you going to come back over at a later date or is that it for you guys?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:20 pm
burleigh chick

we won't give up... we'll get back

good luck
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Don't anyone be put off by Luis' posts of doom. His experience is specific and unusual. Yes I have lived in Australia and in fact have visited every state - the vast majority is still welcoming, multicultural and full of opportunity if you are prepared to keep a positive attitude and be accountable for your own success. If you find one city in one state is not what you are looking for, you'll certainly find it elsewhere.

I just don't understand why people come on this forum and bitch about Australia when it's designed for people trying to get there!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura about

I would just like to say ,i am flabbergasted by what lengths ex pats are
willing to go and with family in toe for a new life down under it breaks
my heart ,being lucky enough to be a single bloke and an Australian
it makes me think how lucky i am And one reason that its the most beautifull
place on earth

Good luck with your dream Hotton

Last edited by Hotton; Jul 29th 2008 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

kerry roarty will become famous soon enoughkerry roarty will become famous soon enough

Hi All

I agree and you should totally go for it!!

I'm came to Perth 2 and a half years ago on a student visa and my partner did a graphic design course, he completed in Nov 07 and we applied for residency Jan 08 so just waiting on that to be granted now.

It was gret working 20 hours a week!!!! I bloody loved it!! x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Don't anyone be put off by Luis' posts of doom. His experience is specific and unusual. Yes I have lived in Australia and in fact have visited every state - the vast majority is still welcoming, multicultural and full of opportunity if you are prepared to keep a positive attitude and be accountable for your own success. If you find one city in one state is not what you are looking for, you'll certainly find it elsewhere.

I just don't understand why people come on this forum and bitch about Australia when it's designed for people trying to get there!
Posts of doom, hahaha, I like that.

I'm basing what I have said not only on my own experience but also on what some Australians have told me.

It's still a great country in which there are many opportunities for the future, but things are not as wonderful as migration agents tell you.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Posts of doom, hahaha, I like that.

I'm basing what I have said not only on my own experience but also on what some Australians have told me.

It's still a great country in which there are many opportunities for the future, but things are not as wonderful as migration agents tell you.
There are no perfect countries around the world Luis. I think you know that. If you were living in London, I'm sure you had found negative things as well.

I'm in Adelaide with a student visa waiting the Permanent visa to be granted. This is not a paradise but it is much better than any country in Latin America. Actually, I'm from Colombia and have a brother living in Canadá, another beautiful country like Australia with positive and negative things too.

Daniel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.