Don't bother with the Student visa!

Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Don't bother with the Student visa!

Awwhh come on everybody it'll be alright!!!!!

Sell your house, take your money, get there, and then work your bloody hardest to stay there. Simple.

Don't take the edge off the dream by making yourselves ill with worry.
I think if you are a strong couple/family, you can get through anything.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:05 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all

Hi all,

I have recently finshed (4 months ago ) my hairdressing course,and am now waiting patiently for my P.R. The course which I gotta say was stressful and hated the fact i was away from my then 10 month old and 2 yr old. I was lucky that both my kids where not in school and my hubbie was a house husband, he also worked part-time.

For me i gotta say the hardest was the 900hours. Not to sure on all these new changes, for clarity ring tra direct at early hours of the morning. Yes the dimia and tra change rules fairly often but surely they wont make it impossible for most people as international students are a huge money earner.

When you guys get here and see what this beautiful place has to offer you and your children, you wont look back, you'll just work hard to be able to stay here and whatever changes the gov throw at you then just deal with them at the time.

Goodluck and do what you feel is right.

KatieX
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshoz
Hi all,

I have recently finshed (4 months ago ) my hairdressing course,and am now waiting patiently for my P.R. The course which I gotta say was stressful and hated the fact i was away from my then 10 month old and 2 yr old. I was lucky that both my kids where not in school and my hubbie was a house husband, he also worked part-time.

For me i gotta say the hardest was the 900hours. Not to sure on all these new changes, for clarity ring tra direct at early hours of the morning. Yes the dimia and tra change rules fairly often but surely they wont make it impossible for most people as international students are a huge money earner.

When you guys get here and see what this beautiful place has to offer you and your children, you wont look back, you'll just work hard to be able to stay here and whatever changes the gov throw at you then just deal with them at the time.

Goodluck and do what you feel is right.

KatieX
Thank you Katie, what a lovely post.

Did your hubby find part time work OK?

Tracy
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:26 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all

It is actually harder than people think to find in local papers most is done word of mouth to be honest, the more people you meet, they will know someone that needs part time shift work.

One of my college mates her hubbie done night work in a garage but didnt last long was to hard as they had kids and he had to look after them aswell in the day.

Where are you planning to study? and what?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

It is actually harder than people think to find in local papers most is done word of mouth to be honest, the more people you meet, they will know someone that needs part time shift work.

One of my college mates her hubbie done night work in a garage but didnt last long was to hard as they had kids and he had to look after them aswell in the day.

Where are you planning to study? and what?
Well, hairdressing on the gold coast, it was going to be Brishair but could also be the TAFE at Ashmore. Fingers crossed, when all the planets align, house sells, finish work etc etc

tracy
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:35 am
welshoz

Good luck with everything, i did mine in Brisbane, but now live on sunshine coast.

TAFE is a safe bet, all the best. PM if you need any help with anything.

KatieX
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with everything, i did mine in Brisbane, but now live on sunshine coast.

TAFE is a safe bet, all the best. PM if you need any help with anything.

KatieX
Thank you so much

Good luck for your PR. Hope it all works out well for you and your family. Did you do yours at the TAFE?
Tracy
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:12 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

I will put my two bob's worth in as an education agency which liaises with many TAFEs etc. and Australian.

Several TAFE International personnel complain or highlight fact that student candidates often do not access good migration advice, especially if you borderline on points.....and everything can go off the rails.....they must return home after study....

Most education institutions and education agents cannot advise on migration (in Australia at least) but if borderline you should seek advice from a recommended MARA agent.....they can advise if study pathway worthwhile or not, often may need tweaking or extra study.

Regarding training or work competition from other international students, sure there is in most cities and other areas e.g. Gold Coast. However, being from the bush, Yarrawonga to be exact, there are many regional cities with skill shortages perfect for international candidates.

Problem in Australia is these regional cities do not know how to access prospective international candidates and vice versa.

We are trying to encourage education institutions in regional areas with CRICOS courses to find local employers willing to sponsor study candidates. Simply because international candidates paying fees are more "committed" than locals e.g. 50% of Oz apprentices drop out within first year's training.....

Other advantages of regional are (generally), especially for family units, lower cost of living, lower cost of housing, good schools and health services, quality of life, recreation opps and easier to meet people i.e. build social networks much more quickly compared to cities.

TAFEs we are trying to talk with are Northern QLD, Southern QLD, North Coast NSW i.e. Port Macquarie etc. (hidden jewel!!), Riverina NSW i.e. Wagga Wagga/Griffith, then Victoria i.e. Sunraysia/Mildura, Gordon/Geelong, Albury/Wodonga etc.

But don't hold your breath.....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Originally Posted by balkanghost
I will put my two bob's worth in as an education agency which liaises with many TAFEs etc. and Australian.

Several TAFE International personnel complain or highlight fact that student candidates often do not access good migration advice, especially if you borderline on points.....and everything can go off the rails.....they must return home after study....

Most education institutions and education agents cannot advise on migration (in Australia at least) but if borderline you should seek advice from a recommended MARA agent.....they can advise if study pathway worthwhile or not, often may need tweaking or extra study.

Regarding training or work competition from other international students, sure there is in most cities and other areas e.g. Gold Coast. However, being from the bush, Yarrawonga to be exact, there are many regional cities with skill shortages perfect for international candidates.

Problem in Australia is these regional cities do not know how to access prospective international candidates and vice versa.

We are trying to encourage education institutions in regional areas with CRICOS courses to find local employers willing to sponsor study candidates. Simply because international candidates paying fees are more "committed" than locals e.g. 50% of Oz apprentices drop out within first year's training.....

Other advantages of regional are (generally), especially for family units, lower cost of living, lower cost of housing, good schools and health services, quality of life, recreation opps and easier to meet people i.e. build social networks much more quickly compared to cities.

TAFEs we are trying to talk with are Northern QLD, Southern QLD, North Coast NSW i.e. Port Macquarie etc. (hidden jewel!!), Riverina NSW i.e. Wagga Wagga/Griffith, then Victoria i.e. Sunraysia/Mildura, Gordon/Geelong, Albury/Wodonga etc.

But don't hold your breath.....
Pls excuse me for going off the board, but just wanted to ask a quick question related to the 2 year full time education rule in Australia.

Does one need to complete the 2 year study consecutively or can one for example do one year full time cert III in cookery, take a year's break and then complete the remaining one year Diploma in Hospitality to be eligible for PR. Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PuneetGaba
Pls excuse me for going off the board, but just wanted to ask a quick question related to the 2 year full time education rule in Australia.

Does one need to complete the 2 year study consecutively or can one for example do one year full time cert III in cookery, take a year's break and then complete the remaining one year Diploma in Hospitality to be eligible for PR. Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

As far as I understand it - your visa only lasts for the time you are in study, plus maybe a couple of months at the end (if it falls right in the year). So no I don't think you'd be able to do that. But maybe someone will wander along in a minute and correct me. Someone a bit more in the know!!!

Tracy
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Originally Posted by tasmas
As far as I understand it - your visa only lasts for the time you are in study, plus maybe a couple of months at the end (if it falls right in the year). So no I don't think you'd be able to do that. But maybe someone will wander along in a minute and correct me. Someone a bit more in the know!!!

Tracy
Thanx for the reply, but its easy to finish one year education in Oz, defer for about 6 months or even a year on grounds of a solid reason, reapply for the visa for the 2nd year from the home country and get it. But then would these 2 years of full time education be counted for immigration as the study wasn't taken consecutively, but then at the end of the day it still satisfies the 2 year full time education criteria that DIAC wants from international students.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:34 am
Just Joined

LUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant futureLUIS 9 has a brilliant future

Not all the international courses are trades in first place, and as I said in the other topic, 50% of the PR holders are former international students.

And, especially for young people, there are always ways. My cousin for example, he came to Australia only for an English course and met a girl, they married more than 1 year ago and are currently living in Brisbane, in some months he is going to get his PR, after that, it won't matter what happens in his relationship, he alredy will be an Australian resident.

And for all of you, people from the UK, I don't really know what the great deal about living in Australia is. I'm from South America and yeah, life there is hell so I don't have too much option and have to do whatever I can to get out of there, but in the UK! Come on!

I'm living in Melbourne and the only part I like from it is the city and St Kilda, the suburbs are sooooooooooooooo boring.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by LUIS 9
Not all the international courses are trades in first place, and as I said in the other topic, 50% of the PR holders are former international students.

And, especially for young people, there are always ways. My cousin for example, he came to Australia only for an English course and met a girl, they married more than 1 year ago and are currently living in Brisbane, in some months he is going to get his PR, after that, it won't matter what happens in his relationship, he alredy will be an Australian resident.

And for all of you, people from the UK, I don't really know what the great deal about living in Australia is. I'm from South America and yeah, life there is hell so I don't have too much option and have to do whatever I can to get out of there, but in the UK! Come on!

I'm living in Melbourne and the only part I like from it is the city and St Kilda, the suburbs are sooooooooooooooo boring.

Luis - go live in the UK for a few years and then come back on this forum and tell us you don't understand why we're choosing Australia over staying there!!!!

What a shame you can't donate your PR to someone who would properly appreciate how fantastic it is being able to live somewhere like Melbourne.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LUIS 9

Aaaaah Luis you have made a blanket assumption that we want to leave the UK because we hate it.

Not so, I think the UK is beautiful, from my house, I can go 10 mins into the country or 10 mins onto the beach.

I want to go to Australia because I want to see another part of the world, live somewhere new and exciting, learn something new and experience more of life.

Now, UK may be beautiful but you have to plan your life around the weather. You can't go to the park for a barbie, you can't go to the beach (without 3 coats on) and you can't let your kids play outside anymore. Everything costs a small fortune, so we all work till we're knackered.

So I'm going to Oz to feel warm for more than 3 days a year, and to experience their way of life.

Have you ever been to the UK luis

Tracy
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Good Question? I was wondering that!

The Uk is not a bad place by any stretch of the imagination, but there are much better places i.e OZ!

That's why there's alot of us wanting to give our family's a chance at a better quality of life, rather that sitting at home in front of th etv/playstation 75% of the time watching the rain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.