December 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

nancyjiang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by nessy family
We got our visa today.....it hasn't sunk in.....OH away working, he got a text to say that we had it, he was trying to contact me at my parents but had my phone on silent!!! Been back from Perth/Clarkson for just over a week, loved it over there and realy looking forward to going back and starting new life.
Good luck to everyone else.

Tanya and family xxxx
Wow,well done,congratulation to you and your family
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

We got our visa today.....it hasn't sunk in.....OH away working, he got a text to say that we had it, he was trying to contact me at my parents but had my phone on silent!!! Been back from Perth/Clarkson for just over a week, loved it over there and realy looking forward to going back and starting new life.

Tanya and family xxxx
Congratulations on the Visa Grant, Nessy Family.

Sure hope you can leave soon!!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

nessy family is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I still in shock, don't think it has sunk in at all!

Tan xx
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Ok, so go fathom this! Following your success we thought we would phone Adelaide. You know that feeling ... maybe, just maybe ... Well, the good news is that they have received our application which is always reassuring, but still no progress. The lady I spoke with very early this morning UK time was very nice and very helpful but gave the standard "we're dealing with applications for the week of 12th November blah blah ...". So I thought I'd ask how it was that people who applied after us on the same 175 had already got visas. Her reply ... not possible!!! Go fathom!?!?! She said there were another 5 weeks worth of visas to process before they got to ours. Hey ho!
Same here, I rung ASPC this morning about 7am UK time and they said exactly the same the same thing and we have no CO and they are still processing 12/11/07. I rang back again giving false name and they said same thing again but from a different person, this time I let rip though and said how come 12/07 and 1/08 apps are deing approved and they said not possible, I replied yeah! possible!

She said that different CO specalise in different visa classes eg 175, 176 etc.. etc... She did not say this but I wondered if this was broken down again into occupations?? If it is I can't see the point 'cos you can't even get this far without trade assessment of some sort. I said there doesn't seem to be any kind of system and seems totally random, she said they took the visa's every week and dished them out systematically. I thought 'cobblers!!'.

I know this sounds like sour grapes and I am really pleased for all those that have got visa's and wish you well but I feel more sorry for the poor buggers who applied in Sept, Oct and Nov who still haven't heard anything.

Anyway, good luck guys!!

Last edited by ripcantrell; Jul 24th 2008 at 6:27 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:13 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stenix
Got a status change on my application today. On the first page everything is still the same (medical stuff still outstanding/required) but when I click on General Skilled Migration Document Checklist everything is either Met or Received.

Does this mean that everything needs to change to Met before the visa is ready to be granted?
Ours changed straight to MET on the 22nd July and then showed visa approved on the 23rd July. Hope you hear soon.

Originally Posted by The Randalls
Congratulations to you all - Mary that's wonderful news!

Can I ask though - as the main applicant did you fill in this elusive form 80?
I filled in every form known to man - a Form 80 for me, my OH and my 16 year old daughter - I also frontloaded the Oz value statement and applied for a police clearance check after my daughter turned 16.

Originally Posted by Auspharm
Hi Everyone, just wanted to say congratulations to Mary, because it seems like she has been waiting ages and has contributed so much to this thread. I notice lots of people are asking about form 80, in my experience I frontloaded this before being asked, but only for myself as the main applicant. I was then asked to submit one for my husband and I think this probably held up my visa grant by about two weeks so I think you are just better off doing it anyway.

Cheers! Donna.
Thank you. I think it's better doing it as well. I also sent my OH's wage slips on a monthly basis by email after submitting the application, not sure if it did any good but it made me feel better.

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Right folks,

Congratulations to all the new visa grants - cracking news!
If you're still waiting, hold in there - not long now...

We waved goodbye to our boxes today and are now sat in a rather empty flat. We hand the keys back tomorrow before setting out on our 'farewell' tour of the UK, and then jetting off on the 5th.

I probably won't be checking in too much for a while now, so I'll probably speak to you all next from 'the other side'.

Cheers,
Can't believe you're nearly ready for going, i don't even know where to start

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Mary this is fantastic news! Sorry I missed it yesterday, been really busy this week packing - shipping people collecting our stuff on Monday It's a mad feeling isn't it. When are you hoping to go?
Depends on the house, if we don't sell in time we'll probably validate in October. I'll keep you posted

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Ok, so go fathom this! Following your success we thought we would phone Adelaide. You know that feeling ... maybe, just maybe ... Well, the good news is that they have received our application which is always reassuring, but still no progress. The lady I spoke with very early this morning UK time was very nice and very helpful but gave the standard "we're dealing with applications for the week of 12th November blah blah ...". So I thought I'd ask how it was that people who applied after us on the same 175 had already got visas. Her reply ... not possible!!! Go fathom!?!?! She said there were another 5 weeks worth of visas to process before they got to ours. Hey ho!

We phone 2 weeks ago and were told we didn't have a CO, would probably be about 4 weeks off. Last week i got my OH to get an updated work reference off his boss and then sent it by email - next thing we've got the visa.

Tanya and family xxxx

FANTASTIC NEWS.................CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
I know this sounds like sour grapes and I am really pleased for all those that have got visa's and wish you well but I feel more sorry for the poor buggers who applied in Sept, Oct and Nov who still haven't heard anything.

Anyway, good luck guys!!

It doesn't sound like sour grapes at all - i feel really guilty knowing that there's loads of other people who applied before me who haven't got their visa's yet I also feel bad for the people who lost out because of the 100k investment

I'm just hoping it all works out for everyone. To be honest, the most stressful part for me has been selling the house, which still hasn't sold, so although we've now got the visa, we still can't make plans to go................... One down, one to go
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

w99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
Same here, I rung ASPC this morning about 7am UK time and they said exactly the same the same thing and we have no CO and they are still processing 12/11/07. I rang back again giving false name and they said same thing again but from a different person, this time I let rip though and said how come 12/07 and 1/08 apps are deing approved and they said not possible, I replied yeah! possible!

She said that different CO specalise in different visa classes eg 175, 176 etc.. etc... She did not say this but I wondered if this was broken down again into occupations?? If it is I can't see the point 'cos you can't even get this far without trade assessment of some sort. I said there doesn't seem to be any kind of system and seems totally random, she said they took the visa's every week and dished them out systematically. I thought 'cobblers!!'.

Anyway, good luck guys!!
Hi me too I phoned this morning and spoke to someone who said she'd had a few phone calls today all saying the same, she said it is not possible they process them in date order and we are up to 12th November she asked me why I thought people beyond our application date were getting case officers and I explained about this website apparently they were not aware it existed!!!. We also are December applicants and desperately waiting as we have been living with parents since our house sold in May. Its not too bad at the minute but I don't think I could cope in the longer term so hope its not too long now.

Congratulations to all you people who have your visa grants/case officers

From jealous!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
I filled in every form known to man - a Form 80 for me, my OH and my 16 year old daughter - I also frontloaded the Oz value statement and applied for a police clearance check after my daughter turned 16.

Thank you. I think it's better doing it as well. I also sent my OH's wage slips on a monthly basis by email after submitting the application, not sure if it did any good but it made me feel better.

We phone 2 weeks ago and were told we didn't have a CO, would probably be about 4 weeks off. Last week i got my OH to get an updated work reference off his boss and then sent it by email - next thing we've got the visa.

OK everyone, the 'SECRET' has been revealed.....

Keep sending emails with documents attached. That way they keep pulling out your file to add the information. Finally, when the notes on the file log get long enough, they just grant the visa to get the emails to STOP!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tiger222

Keep sending emails with documents attached. That way they keep pulling out your file to add the information. Finally, when the notes on the file log get long enough, they just grant the visa to get the emails to STOP!! [/SIZE]
Right - how do I use my scanner again!??!?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

LOL i like that idea BEST idea in a long time
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jane BK
Right - how do I use my scanner again!??!?
Ask Mary, I'm sure she can run it in her sleep!!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Ask Mary, I'm sure she can run it in her sleep!!
Can I say a HUGE thank you to you all - I feel seriously cheered up! When I get there (see not "if") you are all invited for the ubiquitous BBQ (not sure if that is how to spell it and I should know I got top marks in IELTS - more obsessing) Perhaps a bath is a good idea. See you all early in the morning as I check the emails again!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:15 pm

Keep sending emails with documents attached. That way they keep pulling out your file to add the information. Finally, when the notes on the file log get long enough, they just grant the visa to get the emails to STOP!! [/SIZE]

PMSL........................... I'm saying nothing.................
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough

Mary1967
Really, really pleased for your brill news as its really good to see that things are moving on. Gives us all hope. Hope you get some good news on the house next

Like the idea of bombarding them with emails for updated info which I will do tomorrow without fail. So far, already done meds, pccs, form 80 x 2 and oz values statement and all the other stuff. Payslips here they come

Keep 'em busy and it might put a rocket up their arses

Keep posting guys and keep this thread near the top!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Chantal is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned this morning and spoke to someone who said that I didn’t have a CO and that they are up to 12th November……

A PR is indeed electronically linked to a passport so it is not necessary to enter Australia with the sticker in your passport. However in a day to day situation a sticker can be needed as proof that you have a valid visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.