Wikiposts

December 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

I agree, we applied 30/11 and we're not expecting a CO before the end of April and looking at current processing timescales, people seem to be getting visa grants about 6-8 weeks after that.

Just hoping by that point we've sold the house!!

Colin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:05 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Just looked on BEUpdate.co.uk too - not a single yellow in November!
I'm definately 'going back to sleep' - as you say, until May...

The Mrs is starting to get a little 'itchy' and 'wants news'. I keep telling her to calm down, wait and be patient, else she'll have gone bonkers by the time we do get anything. I think I need to find more jobs for her to do to keep her busy...
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:05 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Yep, me too. To be honest I'm not really expecting anything to happen much before May now. I hate to think how the people from July must feel, it must seem like a lifetime of waiting for them.

I feel the same - realistically i don't expect to hear anything until about the beginning of June, but I just hope we will

Feel really fed up at the moment, doesn't help that it's Easter weekend and we're doing nothing but waiting:curse:
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:09 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
I agree, we applied 30/11 and we're not expecting a CO before the end of April and looking at current processing timescales, people seem to be getting visa grants about 6-8 weeks after that.

Just hoping by that point we've sold the house!!

Colin
Yep, with you on that one. We have got a viewing tomorrow at 11am. It will be our 6th viewing and so far they have all been time wasters -'looking for something with character' (look at a bl..dy cottage then not something built in the 70's!) 'the garden is too big' (section a bit off!) and the best one 'to be honest, ours isn't even on the market because I think we are just going to extend it now' (then stop wasting my time and get out of my house!)
I'm much more chilled about not selling it now because we will just rent it out. We don't intend to buy in Oz for the first 12 months anyway so no problem.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:09 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
I feel the same - realistically i don't expect to hear anything until about the beginning of June, but I just hope we will

Feel really fed up at the moment, doesn't help that it's Easter weekend and we're doing nothing but waiting:curse:
Yes and the weather forecast is pretty grim
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Just looked on BEUpdate.co.uk too - not a single yellow in November!
I'm definately 'going back to sleep' - as you say, until May...

The Mrs is starting to get a little 'itchy' and 'wants news'. I keep telling her to calm down, wait and be patient, else she'll have gone bonkers by the time we do get anything. I think I need to find more jobs for her to do to keep her busy...

I'm with your wife on this....................this whole process is doing my head in Doesn't help that the house is on the market and we've still not had any interest. My OH keeps saying, it's too early to sell, but i keep looking at all the things that are gonna prevent us all going together, and the house not selling is the MAJOR factor

Talk about doom and gloom!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:11 am

Yep, with you on that one. We have got a viewing tomorrow at 11am. It will be our 6th viewing and so far they have all been time wasters -'looking for something with character' (look at a bl..dy cottage then not something built in the 70's!) 'the garden is too big' (section a bit off!) and the best one 'to be honest, ours isn't even on the market because I think we are just going to extend it now' (then stop wasting my time and get out of my house!)
I'm much more chilled about not selling it now because we will just rent it out. We don't intend to buy in Oz for the first 12 months anyway so no problem.

I need a bit of whatever you're on
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:13 am
Finally in Melbourne!

I need a bit of whatever you're on
Don't worry, it will be my turn to be stressed tomorrow. I can talk the talk but not so good at walking the walk if you know what I mean
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:19 am

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Seriously, find something to do! you can't sit waiting for news which isn't going to come for another month (at least). We've always taken a forward approach to this and say 'when', not 'if'. We've also been lucky and sold the house after putting it on the market in October (before we'd even submitted the visa app). Fingers crossed, we complete in the next couple of weeks, and then we off to a flat we've got lined up.

One thing that has kept me busy is clearing stuff out! So far I've done 2 trips to the skip, 2 to the charity shop and had 3 or 4 'rounds of flogging stuff' on ebay. I've loved clearing out all the junk, and my Paypal account is looking pretty rosie right now too. With selling 'bits' on ebay, flogging a guitar, and selling all the garden furniture and mower etc to someone, we've made over £500 in the past month or so...

Want something to do over Easter: Get signed up with ebay and paypal and get flogging!

(or do what I'm doing and take 44 kids skiing in Italy, YEAH!)
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:22 am
Finally in Melbourne!

Seriously, find something to do! you can't sit waiting for news which isn't going to come for another month (at least). We've always taken a forward approach to this and say 'when', not 'if'. We've also been lucky and sold the house after putting it on the market in October (before we'd even submitted the visa app). Fingers crossed, we complete in the next couple of weeks, and then we off to a flat we've got lined up.

One thing that has kept me busy is clearing stuff out! So far I've done 2 trips to the skip, 2 to the charity shop and had 3 or 4 'rounds of flogging stuff' on ebay. I've loved clearing out all the junk, and my Paypal account is looking pretty rosie right now too. With selling 'bits' on ebay, flogging a guitar, and selling all the garden furniture and mower etc to someone, we've made over £500 in the past month or so...

Want something to do over Easter: Get signed up with ebay and paypal and get flogging!

(or do what I'm doing and take 44 kids skiing in Italy, YEAH!)
44 kids skiing, now that's brave
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:26 am

44 kids skiing, now that's brave

Think i'll pass but i may start sorting through stuff that i can sell on ebay - gotta do something to cheer myself up.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:26 am

I've got 5 other 'mugs' backing me up - so not all that brave...

Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:28 am
Finally in Melbourne!

I've got 5 other 'mugs' backing me up - so not all that brave...

How old are the children? I'm only used to working with Year 2 and believe me, I would not be taking them skiing
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:31 am
Finally in Melbourne!

Think i'll pass but i may start sorting through stuff that i can sell on ebay - gotta do something to cheer myself up.
Go for it - we sold our Little Tykes log cabin last week and got £110 for it! Let's face it, the weather is going to be so rubbish that everyone will be looking for a bargain on E-bay!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:32 am

37 Year 8's (12-13 year olds) & 7 Year 10's (14-15 year olds).
18 girls, and 26 boys.
6 members of staff, including me as leader.

Can't wait - highlight of my job! And I nice way to finish. Only 15 weeks of work until I'm done at this school for good (notice already in! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.