December 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by ittakesages
I always assumed that this was the automatic response thingy???
The last time I asked our agent she said it is not unusally not to have the application acknowledged yet. That was a few weeks ago. Sent her a couple of emails but no reply so far I know she has been in UK for Expos so I am sure she has a lot of catch up to do
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:53 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't decided between Melbourne or Sydney. It's looking more likely to be Melbourne as it is slightly cheaper there. I think you have to be a millionare to afford to live within half an hour of Sydney these days My OH is in the same job as you - c# and I have to admit we thought the same about Adelaide. It looks very reasonable but there doesn't seem to be as many jobs for him. When are you hoping to go? We are looking at October, although the way processing is going we may not have our visa Everything is crossed for more movement next week

October for us as well - I'm keen to get the kids enrolled in school before they break up for the holidays.

When did you apply for your visa?

When trying to describe the various regions to me, my cousin in Adelaide said that Melbourne is like Manchester, Sydney like London, but couldn't comment on Perth cause she's never been. I think Sydney and Melbourne are better for c# jobs than Adelaide, that's not to say there's none available, just not as many. I didn't like the sound of Sydney, too big and loud, and i must admit, i didn't even think about Melbourne
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Randalls
Don't you have a year from the date the police checks are returned also?

Yes, whichever is sooner, but compared to the cost of having to get the medicals done again, the police checks are nothing............. I'd go from the date of the medicals because you can always reapply for the police checks if need be.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:06 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
October for us as well - I'm keen to get the kids enrolled in school before they break up for the holidays.

When did you apply for your visa?

When trying to describe the various regions to me, my cousin in Adelaide said that Melbourne is like Manchester, Sydney like London, but couldn't comment on Perth cause she's never been. I think Sydney and Melbourne are better for c# jobs than Adelaide, that's not to say there's none available, just not as many. I didn't like the sound of Sydney, too big and loud, and i must admit, i didn't even think about Melbourne
We are going in October and touring round for the first couple of months so keeping the children out of school initially then starting them in January. We figure that we won't get such an opportunity again. The boys are 10, 8 and 4 so could be fun If they get on our nerves too much they will be in school the second week of October!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:18 pm

We are going in October and touring round for the first couple of months so keeping the children out of school initially then starting them in January. We figure that we won't get such an opportunity again. The boys are 10, 8 and 4 so could be fun If they get on our nerves too much they will be in school the second week of October!!

Sounds like a good idea to me!!!

Unfortunately my kids will be 13 and 16 when we land, so it's a case of get them enrolled asap!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Yes that's right. Whichever is the earliest is the date you get the year from. Does that make sense?
Yup sure does! So that means we have until 6th March 2009 to get the heck out of dodge!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

OH MY GOD!! Hubby has just looked at our online status thingy - it seems someone has had a look at our paperwork in Adelaide!!!!! It said 11th March - 11/03/2008 Application being processed further

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:39 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

OH MY GOD!! Hubby has just looked at our online status thingy - it seems someone has had a look at our paperwork in Adelaide!!!!! It said 11th March - 11/03/2008 Application being processed further

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
WICKED
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:36 pm

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

What did it say before? Ours has said application being processed for ages, but i can't remember what it said before, so can't be sure it's actually changed
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

I think it starts off as...

Application Received - Processing Commenced

I know this because that's what mine still says :-(

Hope everyone has a good easter break!

Colin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal

Colin

I'm just gonna go and check what mine says!!

By the way, has how you get to your login page changed for you? When i go through the automated email link it's added an extra page where you've got to select the visa type before it lets you reach the login page - no big deal, just something different and it took me by surprise.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal

Colin

That's what mine says
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mary1967
I'm just gonna go and check what mine says!!

By the way, has how you get to your login page changed for you? When i go through the automated email link it's added an extra page where you've got to select the visa type before it lets you reach the login page - no big deal, just something different and it took me by surprise.
Ours previously said the same as Colin's - processing commenced 8th December 2007, nothing since, except for today's change.
The log in page hasn't changed as far as I can remember - still just have to put in TRN no. date of birth passport number and country of residence....

Ted contacted our migration agent, who said that they had inputted our police checks this week, and we don't know why the 11th March is significant or why our application was looked at!
Migration agent said it could literally have been the people at Adelaide processing picking up paperwork to do with our application and putting it back down again, as they have to log even that!
If there's anything significant, I'm sure they will let us know!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:17 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Talk of progress woke me from 'waiting for news' hibernation, so I thought I'd have a look at our 'status'.

Still: "01/12/2007 Application received - processing commenced".

So I'm back off to sleep...

Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:57 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Talk of progress woke me from 'waiting for news' hibernation, so I thought I'd have a look at our 'status'.

Still: "01/12/2007 Application received - processing commenced".

So I'm back off to sleep...

Yep, me too. To be honest I'm not really expecting anything to happen much before May now. I hate to think how the people from July must feel, it must seem like a lifetime of waiting for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.