Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Grats to all the new visa holders! Godd luck to all those about to leave Blighty, and welcome to Oz to everyone(including me) who has recently arrived.
I am in Sydney, still trying to find a rental- have seen one house we liked but didn't get it. The rest were more like pre-fabs or 1980's style. I cant believe how expensive it is here- paying in a week what our mortgage cost per month in the UK. If you haven't got here yet, definitely stock up on underwear, shoes, bed linen and lightbulbs for table lamps! If anyone is coming to Sydney, please bring Cadbury's chocolate as the stuff here just isn't the same.
On the bright side everyone is really friendly, and although it is raining now, we have had some winter sun where I could sit on the beach in my t-shirt. New cars are cheaper,(but 2nd hand much more expensive,) and petrol is about 70-80p per litre.
Caroline
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

S-Man is on a distinguished road
Question Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hello friends

It is almost 57 Weeks after lodging a 136 MODL paper based visa and still eagerly waiting for a CO. I am being tormented by the waiting period and thought needed some information and consolation from you all

Hey is there anyone who got a visa for a 136 paper based application the aspc processing mail is still showing June 26th 2007. Please give me some updates. Thanks in advance ...

Best Regard......S
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Congratulations on the visa guys!!

Claire - glad you arrived safely and things going o.k. - we have found the same too about the shopping - we have been using the local woolworths and have found things a little more expensive but quality a lot better than uk.

Arrived on Tues morning here - had a 2 hr delay from Heathrow took off midnight uk time - arrived at Singapore some had missed there flights worked out well for us we got straight on ours. Son number 1 put chewing gum in son no2's hair - airline staff gave some olive oil to get it out!!

Would reccommend Singapore they were excellent and couldn't do enough for the children - boys slept most of the way which was great - we didn't get much sleep and the jet lag is strange up at 3 in the morning the first night and so were the kids!

We ventured into Brisbane on Wednesday and sorted out bank cards etc - called centre link yesterday and off to do medicare today and pick up a hire care.

There's a BBQ in the park with Alvin and Chipmunks so off to that Sat evening. The rental is fab too - the people are really friendly and Wil has been off to walk the dog - they also left us some food essentials and putting on a barbie at the weekend with the other people that have stayed here before.

Gotta go and get ready as we're off into Brissy on the city ferry this morning.

Hope all well
Lindsayxx
Great to hear your flight went well and you arrived safely.
Sounds like your already enjoying yourselves.
Please keep posting, its great to hear everyones news and tips
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

hey clare, glad you enjoying it was thinking about you all the day of youre flight, enjoy youre life down under look forward to youre next update, 10 weeks till we go i am scared, emotional and excited !!

love rach
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by S-Man
Hello friends

It is almost 57 Weeks after lodging a 136 MODL paper based visa and still eagerly waiting for a CO. I am being tormented by the waiting period and thought needed some information and consolation from you all

Hey is there anyone who got a visa for a 136 paper based application the aspc processing mail is still showing June 26th 2007. Please give me some updates. Thanks in advance ...

Best Regard......S
same here pal,mine exactly 57 weeks today and still waiting for CO
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
same here pal,mine exactly 57 weeks today and still waiting for CO
Us too I am afraid..........I am getting DESPERATE for some good news......
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

It seems so unfair that there's no pattern as to who gets visas and why - I've been looking at the contrib. parent visa and they seem to be as random as we are.

Here's to next week being the answer to all your prayers and bringing the good news that you are all waiting on.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:16 am
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

congratulations to all you new visa holders
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi all my fellow Augustees,
Can't believe so many still wtg for C.O & Visa-I so feel for you guys-keeping everything crossed that you have ggo news very soon (esp Nix !!!!!)

Congrats to Gnarrabup & Saint Hornet on your golden ticket !!!!!!!

Ozzieclaire -sounds like you guys are enjoyong "the other side"- long may it continue and keep us posted.

Lindsay& Clairehopkins -glad to hear you guys arrived safely,good luck finding your feet, sounds like you are having a fab time so far and not regretting it for a minute.Enjoy... you've waited long enough!

Dinnerdash-heres hoping you find a buyer for the house very soon (and anyone else still wtg to sell)

2ofus-good luck as you start your new life in Oz.Hope the flight went well .Look forward to an update after you get over the jet lag.

Carolinemaria-really, really wishing that a buyer or tenant comes knocking at your door tomorrow.Chin up girl-sounds like you are keeping your spirits high despite of all the hurdles-it will be worth it in the end.

Melbourne-I, like you are having trouble getting motivated about the move.Tough decisions to make now that we have visa,lots of excuses (for me anyway) whilst wtg for visa-now it's here it's time to pull my finger out.Hope you find the right answers after some soulsearching !!!!

Wishing the rest of you,lots of luck for the week ahead, be it house sale,C.O's or Visa grants.

Take care all
x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice

Originally Posted by S-Man
Hello friends

Best Regard......S
Hi S-Man

We lodged 27 August 2007 paperbased 136 MODL, you can see by my signature my co and visa dates. Flying to Sydney 16 September.
I know its a long haul but once your application is straight forward its just a waiting game. Don't know what way visa's are handled, because some people after me got visa before me. Who know's. Good luck anyway, I know the waiting is really annoying

Ryaner
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Grats to all the new visa holders! Godd luck to all those about to leave Blighty, and welcome to Oz to everyone(including me) who has recently arrived.
I am in Sydney, still trying to find a rental- have seen one house we liked but didn't get it. The rest were more like pre-fabs or 1980's style. I cant believe how expensive it is here- paying in a week what our mortgage cost per month in the UK. If you haven't got here yet, definitely stock up on underwear, shoes, bed linen and lightbulbs for table lamps! If anyone is coming to Sydney, please bring Cadbury's chocolate as the stuff here just isn't the same.
On the bright side everyone is really friendly, and although it is raining now, we have had some winter sun where I could sit on the beach in my t-shirt. New cars are cheaper,(but 2nd hand much more expensive,) and petrol is about 70-80p per litre.
Caroline
Hi

Where abouts in Sydney are you? We're flying 16 September. My OH has family is Little Bay and Randwick. Do you have family there? Don;t know where we'll end up, don't want to pay a fortune for a rental and not be able to live comfortably.

Ryaner
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:42 am
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Hi All!

Just returned from Portugal (where the weather was superb!) and checking in!

We're on Page 3!

Shippers coming round to quote us on Monday.. The countdown is on for us!

Love Vic X
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vickie
Hi All!

Just returned from Portugal (where the weather was superb!) and checking in!

We're on Page 3!

Shippers coming round to quote us on Monday.. The countdown is on for us!

Love Vic X
Good luck with the shippers would be interested to here the prices involved if you don't mind
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryaner
Hi

Where abouts in Sydney are you? We're flying 16 September. My OH has family is Little Bay and Randwick. Do you have family there? Don;t know where we'll end up, don't want to pay a fortune for a rental and not be able to live comfortably.

Ryaner
No family or friends as yet, we are in Manly for the next two weeks then hope to have a rental in the Hornsby to Killara area, as DD will be at school in Gordon. It is a 1 hour commute for her(and me as the chauffeur) and she starts tomorrow.
Rentals are very expensive in this area, so we will have to tighten the belts considerably.
Caroline
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

S-Man is on a distinguished road

Thanks Everyone for responding and Congrats and Good Luck to the new visa holders. ...I will keep waiting for my day to come.

Regard......S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.