Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by HOWMUCHLONGER
Melbourne;
I was ready from the word go - I have a little problem, called "need to organise everything" I got my better half to empty his stuff out four weeks ago, we cleared the whole house already, I got some good deals for storage boxes, organised somebody to pick the boxes up - we are going to fly them over (half the price of shipping!) since we don't have a house and I rather buy every new over there... I am currently trying to get the money organised for our house - looked at rental accomodation - circled the possible areas etc.

BUT I am not really sure what the best way is to transfer the money over - I know there is HiFX but I haven't really looked into that...
HOW MUCH -

I've looked into the transfer thing and this is what I've found. The banks charge a fee. Ozforex does NOT if the amount is over a certain threshold. You just provide them the account numbers on either end and the money is converted and transferred. HTH
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hey Tiger - you going to USofA to Oz ?? You American ?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:22 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
HOW MUCH -

I've looked into the transfer thing and this is what I've found. The banks charge a fee. Ozforex does NOT if the amount is over a certain threshold. You just provide them the account numbers on either end and the money is converted and transferred. HTH
ALL transfers cost you money. No-one does it for free.

What you need to do is calculate how much money in Australian dollars you get for your pounds after all fees.

Those that dont charge fees use bad exchange rates.

So look at several options.

Multiply your pounds by the exchange rate they offer, and subtract the fees.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hey Tiger - you going to USofA to Oz ?? You American ?
Yes, we are US Citizens. Born and raised. It will be different driving on the wrong side of the road!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Debbie doos
We had call from agents yesterday, OUR VISAS HAVE BEEN GRANTED!!!!!!

wow! congratulations

Originally Posted by HOWMUCHLONGER
Fantastic news - well done!!! I am glad that they are still giving them out!!!!

Well I obioulsy didn't do much work yesterday really .... I just couldn't stop smiling!!

I've booked our flights for the 28th of July, opened our bank accounts, told our Landlord that we are leaving and pretty much call every single person to tell them that we are finally leaving!!! I still really can understand that we are able to go over there and actually stay.... mad!!
wow fast mover! there's no stopping you now!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
ALL transfers cost you money. No-one does it for free.

What you need to do is calculate how much money in Australian dollars you get for your pounds after all fees.

Those that dont charge fees use bad exchange rates.

So look at several options.

Multiply your pounds by the exchange rate they offer, and subtract the fees.
thanks for that guys, I will certainly look into that next week!!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Where in the US are you and where are you going in Australia ? What prompted your decision ? My sisters both live in Melbourne and my Mum is also applying for a visa - we're just hoping for a better, less stressful, quality of life.

We have a good income here - but I spend a lot of time at work - we're hoping to change that !!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

CONGRATULATIONS

2 in 2 days, things are looking up again.

Shabee
x
Old Jun 27th 2008, 2:33 am
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Wasn't expecting any news from anybody else until after July 1st, but wow!
CONGRATULATIONS TO HOWMUCHLONGER AND DEBBIEDOOS
Brilliant, so pleased for you both

Love Vic X
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

CONGRATULATION HOWMUCHLONGER AND DEBBIEDOOS ON YOUR VISAS
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Where in the US are you and where are you going in Australia ? What prompted your decision ? My sisters both live in Melbourne and my Mum is also applying for a visa - we're just hoping for a better, less stressful, quality of life.

We have a good income here - but I spend a lot of time at work - we're hoping to change that !!
We live in Wisconsin - the state north of Chicago. We live in Madison and have enjoyed living here, however my husband and I have always said we didn't want to live here forever. Now feels like the time to move. It was my decision to move to Australia. We've traveled around the US with an eye toward moving different places, but nothing seemed to fit.

OH grew up in California and loves the Pacific Ocean (we've been to the Atlantic - very different feel to it) - and we want somewhere warm - tired of winters We chose Brisbane as a destination.

We think the lifestyle will be better for all of us (we have 4 children) and I think Australia offers great opportunity for my children over the long term.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Pretty much the same reason for us - although I'd have to be honest and say that it's hard to take our dd away from her paternal grandparents - they'd be very unlikely to travel to Oz and the only times she'll see them is when we come back - which realistically is only going to be every two or three years.

However, decision is made and we're going to give it our best shot and hope it all works out for us.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

dankate will become famous soon enoughdankate will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

this is great news,,, more visa tickets.
i,m sure i talk for all of us still waiting, but the more get visa,s the harder the wait.
on the outside i look calm but the reality is very different, feel like theres a massive gap that is getting harder and harder to fill.
please give the rest of us from august our visa,s or at least tell us NO
:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
again congrats to those who got their tickets
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Congratulations on the visa Debbie

minibelle
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Pretty much the same reason for us - although I'd have to be honest and say that it's hard to take our dd away from her paternal grandparents - they'd be very unlikely to travel to Oz and the only times she'll see them is when we come back - which realistically is only going to be every two or three years.

However, decision is made and we're going to give it our best shot and hope it all works out for us.
I can relate to the grandparent issue. My mom will probably not come visit - due to age. OH's mom has other issues and probably won't visit either. We'll have a similar visit schedule - every 2 or 3 years. We'll return for a visit after the first year - a "farewell tour" - because the first year is the "trial period". If after a year we're not pleased, we'll just return to US (probably the Northwestern US where my sister-in-law and her family will be living by then - they're moving too).

Are you ready to fly as soon as you receive your visa next week? I'd be having a tough time sleeping at this point if I were in your shoes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.