Application of Australian Citizenship

Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by Mikail
Before I decided to apply, I visited the residence calculator and it says that I am eligible to apply.
Are you sure that wasn't under the old rules, and the transitional arrangements that ended on 30 June? Out of interest, why not put your dates in to the calculator again today and see what you get?

I suspect you used the calculator in June (I'm guessing your permanent residency was granted before 1 July 2007).
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Mikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Are you sure that wasn't under the old rules, and the transitional arrangements that ended on 30 June? Out of interest, why not put your dates in to the calculator again today and see what you get?

I suspect you used the calculator in June (I'm guessing your permanent residency was granted before 1 July 2007).
Try this.
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/citz/startIntervalCalc.do

Regards
Mikail
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know where it is...but have you tried it this month with your dates? (I can't try it for your dates anyway, as you haven't fully given them).
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Mikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant futureMikail has a brilliant future

Yes, I know where it is...but have you tried it this month with your dates? (I can't try it for your dates anyway, as you haven't fully given them).
My Input:
Permanent Resident date: 29/8/2007
Intended date of lodgement: 17/07/2010(today)
Lawful residence: 15/01/1981 (My first student visa)

Period outside of Australia: 29/03/2010 to 10/04/2010.

and that is it.

Regards
Mikail
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

My Input:
Permanent Resident date: 29/8/2007
Intended date of lodgement: 17/07/2010(today)
Lawful residence: 15/01/1981 (My first student visa)

Period outside of Australia: 29/03/2010 to 10/04/2010.

and that is it.
Erm...and your period outside of Australia from 1987-2007?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Erm...and your period outside of Australia from 1987-2007?
I only input the very recent i.e. absence since obtaining PR.
Mikail
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I only input the very recent i.e. absence since obtaining PR.
You weren't in Australia for that period, so perhaps you should now go back to the calculator and put in your dates correctly.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

You weren't in Australia for that period, so perhaps you should now go back to the calculator and put in your dates correctly.
And that includes the absence from August 2007 (or whenever you returned after validation) to February 2008.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

And that includes the absence from August 2007 (or whenever you returned after validation) to February 2008.
Yup. All is well when I keyed in all the dates not in Oz since obtaining PR..

Regards
Mikail
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

As Roaringmouse is trying to explain, you need to put in to the calculator ALL dates not in Australia (at least in the last four years) REGARDLESS of whether you had PR at the time or not.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Yup. All is well when I keyed in all the dates not in Oz since obtaining PR..
And you included that dates you weren't in Australia from 1987 or whenever you left then too?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
As Roaringmouse is trying to explain, you need to put in to the calculator ALL dates not in Australia (at least in the last four years) REGARDLESS of whether you had PR at the time or not.
I also tried all the absences from Oz since 1981. All is well.

Regards
Mikail
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

I also tried all the absences from Oz since 1981. All is well.
Can you post all your dates here?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

AlexeiKouritsyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Does Citizenship residency requirements (during last four years) starts from date of any valid visa validation? or from the date a valid visa granted? Is it the same case for PR visa?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AlexeiKouritsyn
Does Citizenship residency requirements (during last four years) starts from date of any valid visa validation? or from the date a valid visa granted? Is it the same case for PR visa?
validation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.