Application of Australian Citizenship

Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by Scoult
I sat my test and interview yesterday - passed the test. Now awaiting the letter - they said they are just waiting on an Oz Police Check. Lodged my application and got the invite to attend test letter issued same day. Hope they do the same with the approval letter I wait and see....... Anyone got any experience of how long the approval letter takes?
If you look at the dates above, mine was 11 days with 3 public holidays in the middle. So only 5 or 6 working days if the checks go through without problems. Some take longer. So it's a case of how long is a piece of string.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnye
If you look at the dates above, mine was 11 days with 3 public holidays in the middle. So only 5 or 6 working days if the checks go through without problems. Some take longer. So it's a case of how long is a piece of string.
cool mate! Gives me an idea What office you process through?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

cool mate! Gives me an idea What office you process through?
Melbourne CBD
Old May 10th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter got letter from Diac today. Im STILL waiting mine. Online status still says await letter from department. Am beginning to worry a little bit now.
Old May 10th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daunted
Daughter got letter from Diac today. Im STILL waiting mine. Online status still says await letter from department. Am beginning to worry a little bit now.
It does seem to be taking its time, but the fact your daughter received her letter shows signs that things are moving. I received my approval letter last week. Now just got to wait for goodness knows how long for a ceremony. It's already frustrating me and it has only been a week.
Old May 10th 2011, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Mate what's your timeline as I applied on the 30th march and have not got an approval letter yet.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Mate what's your timeline as I applied on the 30th march and have not got an approval letter yet.
check it online - It will show there before you get the letter - approx 5 days before the letter arrives
Old May 10th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

check it online - It will show there before you get the letter - approx 5 days before the letter arrives
Mate applied by form so can't get no info on line. U must be at the same stage as me waiting on your approval letter?
Old May 10th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Mate applied by form so can't get no info on line. U must be at the same stage as me waiting on your approval letter?
no, I am approved - read the previous posts for times etc
Old May 10th 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Daunted, if you still haven't heard you might want to ring the citizenship phone line. They sent my OH his letter with his test appointment but I didn't get mine. When OH turned up at his interview and test, they asked where I was Turned out I had an appointment at the same time as him but they sent the letter to our old address ( which they obviously had from when we applied for PR) even though I had put our current address on the application. The nice DIAC lady who saw my OH called me to re-arrange a time for my interview and it all went swimmingly from there, albeit with a delay of a few days. I did like you and waited, thinking the letter would come eventually...
Old May 10th 2011, 11:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They do various checks before they send the letter out - AFP checks etc - probably just waiting for the police check to come back or something. If your daughter's came back first then her letter would go out first
Old May 10th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They do various checks before they send the letter out - AFP checks etc - probably just waiting for the police check to come back or something. If your daughter's came back first then her letter would go out first
I think daunted is waiting for an invitation letter to attend the citizenship test after applying in March.
Old May 10th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Or maybe it's as Polly says... I never checked online for the status on my application so I can't say whether it showed there
We didn't have to do any police checks though, did you?
Old May 10th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Or maybe it's as Polly says... I never checked online for the status on my application so I can't say whether it showed there
We didn't have to do any police checks though, did you?
The Aussie police check are done after the Test, hence the delay between the test and approval - Daunted hasn't got as far as the test yet.

The status online goes something like

You apply

Status confirms you have applied and that the money has been taken and also says something about further processing.

You get a letter inviting you to the test

You attend and pass the test

Status is updated to the test date and says further processing (ie. Aussie Police checks)

Status then changes to Approved - await letter from Dept

Letter arrives telling you to wait for ceremony
Old May 10th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The Aussie police check are done after the Test, hence the delay between the test and approval - Daunted hasn't got as far as the test yet.
The status online goes something like
You apply
Status confirms you have applied and that the money has been taken and also says something about further processing.
You get a letter inviting you to the test
You attend and pass the test
Status is updated to the test date and says further processing (ie. Aussie Police checks)
Status then changes to Approved - await letter from Dept
Letter arrives telling you to wait for ceremony
We got our approval letter about 5 days after I did the test. I don't think they did any police checks, or did they without telling us? we then received the letter with a date for the ceremony about 3 weeks after the approval letter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.