Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Wikiposts

Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:38 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Hi everyone, just to let you know our pcc and medicals have been requested today, which were front loaded, so just 1022 change of circumstances form to complete. Asked agent to check medicals received as done on 5th Aug! Getting excited now...Fingers crossed. x
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi everyone, just to let you know our pcc and medicals have been requested today, which were front loaded, so just 1022 change of circumstances form to complete. Asked agent to check medicals received as done on 5th Aug! Getting excited now...Fingers crossed. x
Well was going to say congrats but seems you have been banned?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:20 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

The September issue of "Fresh Start" magazine says on page 6 (middle column): "Indications from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs are that straightforward residency applications currently take six months for independent points test."

On page 4 of the same magazine it says: "Applicants whose skills are in high demand are given additional points and their applications are fast-tracked."

So, there you have it: fast-tracked = six months!!!!

Gina
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:28 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Gina
Nearly five months for us now so cant be far off.......
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:49 pm
Barbie chef extrordinaire

PhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Originally Posted by GinaUK
The September issue of "Fresh Start" magazine says on page 6 (middle column): "Indications from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs are that straightforward residency applications currently take six months for independent points test."

On page 4 of the same magazine it says: "Applicants whose skills are in high demand are given additional points and their applications are fast-tracked."

Gina
Gina

What is Fresh Start Magazine and where can it be got??????
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by PhillN01
Gina

Yeah, I've not heard of tht one either
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:42 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej
Nearly five months for us now so cant be far off.......
After chasing my medicals I a statement from DIMIA suggest that there are now assessing applications lodged in April 2005.

Woohoo! for everyone

This would have been a good thing for us, except that I was to gain my 136 by investing the Bond, however I am having to utilise most of this money in order to make the move under a 457, mmmmm!! or words to that effect.

Is there anyone with $100k spare for 12 months?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wandrews
After chasing my medicals I a statement from DIMIA suggest that there are now assessing applications lodged in April 2005.

Woohoo! for everyone

This would have been a good thing for us, except that I was to gain my 136 by investing the Bond, however I am having to utilise most of this money in order to make the move under a 457, mmmmm!! or words to that effect.

Is there anyone with $100k spare for 12 months?

Still nothing here, 18+ weeks since aplication received, PCCs and meds already sent. Stress levels rising!!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:01 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhillN01
Gina

It's a magazine for people emigrating. Last month's issue was about emigrating to Australia. This month's is actually about emigrating to Canada.
But, I guess, because the Aus gov. said it wanted 20,000 more immigrants, the magazine had a few pages about Australia in this konth's issue.

I bought my copy from WHSmith. It was in the same section of the magazine racks as mags on buying property overseas.

To be honest, I didn't learn anything new! It's just that I'm happy to read *anything* about Australia

Gina
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, got my medical request today, just 10 minutes ago.

18 weeks on the timeline. Am so relieved!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

lordWHO is an unknown quantity at this point

great news!!

I think we are on same timeline.

Originally Posted by angelico

Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by angelico

Hi! Angelico,

Congrats! Can u please let all of us know exact date of your application recvd at DIMIA and Date of ACK, also please mention MODL/NON MODL.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lordWHO
great news!!

I think we are on same timeline.

Yep, our applications were acknowdged same day, we're both Skilled Independent 136 and we are both IT.

Your Austimeline is actually bookmarked on my PC =).
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GurpreetSandhu
Hi! Angelico,

Congrats! Can u please let all of us know exact date of your application recvd at DIMIA and Date of ACK, also please mention MODL/NON MODL.
Hi Gurpreet,

Plsease see below:

Visa Type: Skilled Independent (Class BN, Subclass 136) - Non MODL

Date Applied: 20/04/2005

Date Acknowledged : 26/04/2005

Date Medical Request Received: 06/09/2005 (133 days from Acknowledgement)

Goodluck with your application =). Im sure you'll get your med requests soon. I didn't front-loaded mine by the way.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:39 am

Excellent news Angelico!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.