Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:57 am
Just Joined

lordWHO is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Received email from CO asking 1022 today!!

My application is front-loaded with PCC and Med sent early this month. So CO asking 1022 only.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:00 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

Originally Posted by lordWHO

My application is front-loaded with PCC and Med sent early this month. So CO asking 1022 only.

Excellent news
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Great news - what's your application date?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:18 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Can you please post your timeline?

Gina
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:05 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at austimeline for some statistics. I know I'm a sad case - but maybe there are some other sad cases here, who'd like the info ...

- Between 1st March and 31 March 2005, 23 people applied for a skilled independent visa with MODL skills, and of those 23 people 10 have had their visa grant.

- Between 1st April and 30 April 2005, 17 people applied for a skilled independent visa with MODL skills, and of those 17 people 1 (one !) has had their visa grant.

Haven't looked into whether these ppl needed PCCs from countries where they take an age (e.g. US --> FBI). Nevetheless, looks like things have slowed down quite a bit compared to earlier in the year.

Also: it would seem that very few ppl wait for med request, but send them unrequested. For those that *have* waited for a med request, these seem to take now around 4 months to come through. Again, I see this as evidence that things have slowed down.

Could be a few weeks yet before we get our visas

Gina
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:19 pm

Thanks for the info Gina

But can't help but think "bugger"
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks for the info Gina

But can't help but think "bugger"
Well put, LOL.

We want to go on a validation trip straight after Christmas, but I daren't book it until we have the visas. We wanted to stay at the Sorrento Beach Resort. Had a look over the weekend, and they've already not got any rooms left (it being Xmas hotels get booked early). Grrrrrrrrr

Gina
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:30 pm

It's such a pain isnt it?

We're meant to be exchanging contracts on the house this week, which means by 16th September we could be homless. Would sure be nice to be able to book our flights and stuff...
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Any April 2005 MODL skilled independant had anything?

hello, what is the usual time line for visa to be granted as i applied august 2005 and on the MODL list as house is SOLD and have about 3 months to get out as this is how long it may take to exchange.as i hear horrifying stories that 18 months down the line people are still waiting..! any advise would be appreciative....

Thanks Jason
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by geary11
hello, what is the usual time line for visa to be granted as i applied august 2005 and on the MODL list as house is SOLD and have about 3 months to get out as this is how long it may take to exchange.as i hear horrifying stories that 18 months down the line people are still waiting..! any advise would be appreciative....

Thanks Jason
You having a laugh?????!!!!

As you can tell from the thread title, everyone on this thread applied sometime in April 2005, all with MODL skills, and only one has had their visa. I also posted a post with some statistics earlier today.

How about you have a bit of a read first? Before asking questions?

Gina
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

Im having a laugh ...........!!!! LOL

Geary
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by geary11
Im having a laugh ...........!!!! LOL

Geary
At Christmas, when you've been waiting 4 months plus for your visa, I shall come back and HAUNT you, hehehehe.

Off you go now and play somewhere else!!!

Gina
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:07 am
Just Joined

lordWHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Aug 30, 2005 1022 requested
Aug 12, 2005 Medical received by DIMIA
Aug 05, 2005 Medical done (un requested)
Apr 21, 2005 Got case# in email
Apr 21, 2005 CC charged
Apr 19, 2005 Received by Adelaide
Apr 18, 2005 Sent to Adelaide by courier (with PCC)
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:59 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You having a laugh?????!!!!

As you can tell from the thread title, everyone on this thread applied sometime in April 2005, all with MODL skills, and only one has had their visa. I also posted a post with some statistics earlier today.

How about you have a bit of a read first? Before asking questions?

Gina
PMSL chin up girl surely it cant be much longer!! fingers are perm crossed for you
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:23 am

Only been a week since our form 1022 was back in the hands of our CO - feels like six!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.