TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

hi cathy
still not arrived yet
must be due soon,hijack the postman tomorrow
only 3 days until i fly out now
have spoken to my employer tonight
shift times are 07.15 -15.30 and 15.15-23.30 no nights yipee
fingers and toes crossed for you
susie q
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

oh I am so down still not arrived does it come by special delivery or just recorded there is always Saturday I presume I could cry feeling pretty low over 4 weeks since meds!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:09 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathynPaul
oh I am so down still not arrived does it come by special delivery or just recorded there is always Saturday I presume I could cry feeling pretty low over 4 weeks since meds!
Just keeping you all informed, nothing for me today.
But CHC did say next week so............
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:24 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Hi guys greetings from Florida where we're recovering from all the stress of packing & TWP waiting!

Our permits never arrived in the post & by Wednesday lunch time no fax had come despite emails!! A workmate of my hubbie found a telephone number for the Embassy & we left a message on the emergency line - having been put through by the operator but with 5 hours to go before we left the house still no fax!!

I called again & the operator took real pity on me & asked me to hold the line then after a short pause said the fax would arrive within the hour..........& it did!!!!!!!

Then there was a mix up with the shippers -they arrived in a tiny transit - not good for a family of 5 with 15x4x3 foot of boxes to go!! Long & short of that was we had to leave them the remote for our garage & alarm code so they could come back in the morning to get the stuff. Which they have done!!

We can't believe how wonderful all our neighbours have been in helping us out both with that (they took our keys so they could check the boxes went), & also helping us clear out our clutter by buying/or taking for charity the remnants of our house! Opposite us even bought my car!!!!

I also have to say BA flight direct to Tampa was fantastic -we checked in online,booked brilliant seats & the cabin crew were so nice,we even got given glasses of champers from 1st class when they found out our story!

We will be landing in Calgary 24th August but should be well & truly chilled by then!!

Good luck to all still waiting -& you can now note that it is possible to call the Embassy & speak to a human being but it has to be in an emergency or they won't put you through!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RN1
Hi guys greetings from Florida where we're recovering from all the stress of packing & TWP waiting!

Our permits never arrived in the post & by Wednesday lunch time no fax had come despite emails!! A workmate of my hubbie found a telephone number for the Embassy & we left a message on the emergency line - having been put through by the operator but with 5 hours to go before we left the house still no fax!!

I called again & the operator took real pity on me & asked me to hold the line then after a short pause said the fax would arrive within the hour..........& it did!!!!!!!

Then there was a mix up with the shippers -they arrived in a tiny transit - not good for a family of 5 with 15x4x3 foot of boxes to go!! Long & short of that was we had to leave them the remote for our garage & alarm code so they could come back in the morning to get the stuff. Which they have done!!

We can't believe how wonderful all our neighbours have been in helping us out both with that (they took our keys so they could check the boxes went), & also helping us clear out our clutter by buying/or taking for charity the remnants of our house! Opposite us even bought my car!!!!

I also have to say BA flight direct to Tampa was fantastic -we checked in online,booked brilliant seats & the cabin crew were so nice,we even got given glasses of champers from 1st class when they found out our story!

We will be landing in Calgary 24th August but should be well & truly chilled by then!!

Good luck to all still waiting -& you can now note that it is possible to call the Embassy & speak to a human being but it has to be in an emergency or they won't put you through!
good work!!, hope you have a well deserved rest in Tampa. Are going to Clearwater ? we have stayed at the sheraton sand key......lovely and the hip and cool place - Shephards beach resort too , we always try to get there for a few nights when we go to florida , then its nose to the grind stone!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:19 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by walkerv05
good work!!, hope you have a well deserved rest in Tampa. Are going to Clearwater ? we have stayed at the sheraton sand key......lovely and the hip and cool place - Shephards beach resort too , we always try to get there for a few nights when we go to florida , then its nose to the grind stone!!
We have a house in Homosassa, about 45 mins north of Tampa. We have stayed in Clearwater before too - very nice!

Tend not to do that now we have the 3 kids -too expensive as we now need 2 rooms!!

Good luck to everyone whose packing/waiting or just starting out!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:20 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

If you're like me it comes by fax last minute! :-D

Don't get yourself down - remember you can contact them once you have passed the 15 working days mark to find out what has happened. That has paid dividends for many of us on here. Be crafty about the question you ask - ie DON'T just ask where your permits are, find another reason -such as checking that the med forms reached them safely!

Last edited by RN1; Aug 1st 2008 at 6:22 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:24 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

we are flying on the 24th August sunday at 1300, we booked one way tickets...and you?
Just noticed we'll both be landing in Canada on the same day! albeit in different Provinces!! Hope you have a smooth flight & good transition through immigration!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:26 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Hi plw had my medicals june was told by doc he would be sending info off that was about June 26 emailed them last they said it was waiting review or whatever the standard reply is just hope there is nothing wrong as buyers are wanting to exchange on house and we are away from tuesday next week for 4 days also sent my letter from pnp on Tuesday which explains urgency
what reply do you get if there is something wrong with medical which doc says there did not seem to be like everyone says friday is a good day fingers crossed:curse:
Just noticed that your medical stuff was receieved at the Embassy same day as mine -you really should contact them now. if there was something wrong they would have contacted you by now for more testing I'm sure.

Maybe yours was in the same sack as mine (which we never recieved!)

Last edited by RN1; Aug 1st 2008 at 6:31 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

first was the wait for the permit ......now the wait for the registration....., Darren was supposed to start work 4th July missed due to WP not here, the the next was 6thAugust missed now because he has no registration yet. The next is 3rd September heading for this so went down t the CNO today and filled in more forms and handed in canadian police check only to be told that he had missed the August sitting of the commity that grant registrations so would have to wait till ....wait for it......September the 3rd !!!! why do the make everything so bloody difficult!, next question is if the hospital will let him start on the 3rd? i do hope so.....he is going to pester them till they comeup with the goods.....this carnt be right?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:07 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

first was the wait for the permit ......now the wait for the registration....., Darren was supposed to start work 4th July missed due to WP not here, the the next was 6thAugust missed now because he has no registration yet. The next is 3rd September heading for this so went down t the CNO today and filled in more forms and handed in canadian police check only to be told that he had missed the August sitting of the commity that grant registrations so would have to wait till ....wait for it......September the 3rd !!!! why do the make everything so bloody difficult!, next question is if the hospital will let him start on the 3rd? i do hope so.....he is going to pester them till they comeup with the goods.....this carnt be right?
Its done a little differently in BC it seems. I applied for my registration sent all my quals, transcripts etc etc and got a "pre approval" letter - I am allowed to have Temp registration ( supervised) and start work, I sit the Nurses exam in October and if I pass will be granted full status.
Once I know my landing date - Vanc Health Auth, send off my star date and I get my temp registration - ta da all done
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:56 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tanah
Its done a little differently in BC it seems. I applied for my registration sent all my quals, transcripts etc etc and got a "pre approval" letter - I am allowed to have Temp registration ( supervised) and start work, I sit the Nurses exam in October and if I pass will be granted full status.
Once I know my landing date - Vanc Health Auth, send off my star date and I get my temp registration - ta da all done
Yup same as me in Alberta.

I have my induction day set for Sept 15th - which is great because I'll be home for the 1st couple of weeks when the kids start school. We land 24th August in Calgary.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

Hi everyone, I see there is a few of us still waiting for news. I decided to bite the bullet and emailed the CHC last night to see how my TWP is progressing (had my medical on 30th june). Hope I will hear from them next week, need some indication of how much longer. Starting to go mad with waiting!!!!!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Vanste2000

I had my medical done on 9th of June and still nothing to date..so i had emailed them yesterday. During that time I even went to Calgary for 2 weeks.

I think it all depends on circumstances/ other factors....the wait maybe short or longer. I was told 3 months from the time you send your application and receipt of TWP. But I met other people who got their TWP before that time as RN1. She did her medical a week after me and she got it.

So the timeline will vary ...we can just wait in the end...no choices available...keep waiting.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:40 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi Vanste2000

I had my medical done on 9th of June and still nothing to date..so i had emailed them yesterday. During that time I even went to Calgary for 2 weeks.

I think it all depends on circumstances/ other factors....the wait maybe short or longer. I was told 3 months from the time you send your application and receipt of TWP. But I met other people who got their TWP before that time as RN1. She did her medical a week after me and she got it.

So the timeline will vary ...we can just wait in the end...no choices available...keep waiting.
Hey Ibbye - I know your medical was before mine (RGN1 from allnurses) I really think you need to email & find out what's going on. Seems a whole bunch of TWP's are not arriving for nurses. Remember I never got mine through the post either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.