TWP anyone had any good news?

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TWP anyone had any good news?

Originally Posted by lauder99
COOL we are heading to Okotoks, we have a basement suite set up for a few weeks and house hunting Monday too. We have a short list based on MLS and our realtors list. We are hoping to find somewhere fairly quick.

My daughter starts grade 1 on 2 September so it would be helpful to have a house at least chosen by then. We have to go to the credit union to activate our account on Monday and we need to get a car sorted so Lynne can get used to driving ASAP before she has to start the commute.

Its a bit mental here just now and I expect next week to be pretty much the same. When we went on recce I was up at 4 every morning with the jet lag so I suspect I will be pacing about on Monday morning at some ridiculous hour complaining that the car dealerships aren't open

Where are you looking?

Tom
We are in same boat we start house huntin on sunday or monday .We have hired a car for two weeks but we need to buy one asap ,We are goin to look mckenzie towne ,shawnessey area.I know jet lag is a nightmare wel be raring to go at a ridiculous time.Were are you in Edinburgh we are in Musselburgh .Ive two boys to sort out schools
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by scotcal00
We are in same boat we start house huntin on sunday or monday .We have hired a car for two weeks but we need to buy one asap ,We are goin to look mckenzie towne ,shawnessey area.I know jet lag is a nightmare wel be raring to go at a ridiculous time.Were are you in Edinburgh we are in Musselburgh .Ive two boys to sort out schools
Looks like we are all moving from the TWP queue to the Calgary house hunting race!

We too will be house hunting in Calgary from Monday, and in another weired connection, I'm originally from Bathgate, West Lothian, about 20 miles out side Edinburgh!

Good luck, everyone, with the move and the house hunt,
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Scotcal

We are in Craigentinny between Portobello and Meadowbank, not too far from you.

Hey Undutchables it really is a small world these days. Where in Calgary are you looking?

Tom
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:57 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the undutchables
Looks like we are all moving from the TWP queue to the Calgary house hunting race!

We too will be house hunting in Calgary from Monday, and in another weired connection, I'm originally from Bathgate, West Lothian, about 20 miles out side Edinburgh!

Good luck, everyone, with the move and the house hunt,
One step ahead on the house hunt - have secured a great rental in Edgemont (have kids - so will suit by all accounts!) Thanks to our Canadian friends in Calgary who signed paperwork & put down our deposit.

Heehehe - looking at one of the wiki articles that puts us one step ahead on the "making Canadian friends" too :-)

One step behind on the TWP though - it hasn't come yet :-(

Come on Mr Postie!!!!!!!!

Good luck today to everyone waiitng like me!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:54 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Well, not my lucky day :-(

They haven't replied to my fax either yet.

Hope it's someone elses though.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Nothing today, I think I may fax them today and see if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:57 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

PLW not checked in yet today?

Maybe already on the ?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:20 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Nope...........

Only a email reply.......
'We acknowledge receipt of your $150 bankers draft, this is currently being cashed. The file will then be sent for final review with a visa officer. Should we require any further information, we will contact you.'

So i take it that it goes to an office who get all the information etc......
Before even been looked at by a visa officer........

:curse::curse:
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

When my file went for "final review" I got my visa the following week. Hopefully that means yours will be there next week.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:00 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walkerv05
Nothing today, I think I may fax them today and see if that makes a difference.
I got a reply to my email!!

It says that "your application for a work permit & your dependents work & study permits have been processed & finalised on 14th July 2008.

The decision was sent to you together with your supporting documents at the mailing address provided....."

I think this is good news but I don't like the phrase "the decision was sent to you" though. Is this normal wording??

As a nurse, who had nothing untoward thrown up on the medical (well they havent' asked for anymore tests anyhow) , who has a job & temporary license to practice I can't think they would refuse my application. I wish they'd said if it was approved though!!!

I was happy but now I'm stressed again & how come the post is taking soooo long?? They said give it a few days for the mail to arrive. Anyone had similar????

Should I hold off on opening the bubbly or am I going to be fine???
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:28 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RN1
I got a reply to my email!!

It says that "your application for a work permit & your dependents work & study permits have been processed & finalised on 14th July 2008.

The decision was sent to you together with your supporting documents at the mailing address provided....."

I think this is good news but I don't like the phrase "the decision was sent to you" though. Is this normal wording??

As a nurse, who had nothing untoward thrown up on the medical (well they havent' asked for anymore tests anyhow) , who has a job & temporary license to practice I can't think they would refuse my application. I wish they'd said if it was approved though!!!

I was happy but now I'm stressed again & how come the post is taking soooo long?? They said give it a few days for the mail to arrive. Anyone had similar????

Should I hold off on opening the bubbly or am I going to be fine???
I wouldn't read to much into it, the email I got on the same day as my TWP read different, but could just be a different person typing out the emails today....
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:02 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G77
I wouldn't read to much into it, the email I got on the same day as my TWP read different, but could just be a different person typing out the emails today....
So how did yours read??
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Please could someone tell me where theyhave sent these emails to ? also can we look on website with the reference number given as when I typed mine in it would not accept it!!!!!
thanks well done for the email it sounds good
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

RN1 that letter should have been with you by now I would have thought leave it until thursday then get back in touch oh !!!!!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:46 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Well I don't believe it........:curse:

I paid £10 for a trace on the bankers draft........:curse:

and it's NOT been cashed.........:curse:

they've had it well over a week and........:curse:
THEY'VE NOT F*%KING CASHED IT ?????????? :curse:

So when they do get round to cashing it........:curse:
it then gets a final review by visa officer........:curse:

WHEN ?????????????? :curse:
Do they realise what this means to us ??????????:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.