Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old May 25th 2013, 5:22 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Just an update. Nothing to report as yet! Just spending the Bank holiday weekend packing some things!! Hopefully some good news next week.

Dammy, I hope you hear something soon.....

Kaye5, You must be getting ready to leave in the next week or so? Good Luck if you are.

Violets, where are you??

Chiefmissile, I hope you enjoyed your last day at work?
Yeah last day at work, but still on the pay roll until 18 Aug next time I go to work will be somewhere in Brandon

Looking forward to your good news

Cheers

Drew
Old May 25th 2013, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Just an update. Nothing to report as yet! Just spending the Bank holiday weekend packing some things!! Hopefully some good news next week.

Dammy, I hope you hear something soon.....

Kaye5, You must be getting ready to leave in the next week or so? Good Luck if you are.

Violets, where are you??

Chiefmissile, I hope you enjoyed your last day at work?
Hi Vettemaster

Yes, we're leaving our house next Thursday. Frantically taking apart furniture and still taking junk to the tip. House still not sold - we've now put it up for let.

Sadly, my father died last Saturday, so we're also having to deal with that as well.

Not been a great year so far for us - just hoping things improve.
Old May 25th 2013, 8:47 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Hi Vettemaster

Yes, we're leaving our house next Thursday. Frantically taking apart furniture and still taking junk to the tip. House still not sold - we've now put it up for let.

Sadly, my father died last Saturday, so we're also having to deal with that as well.

Sorry to hear your news kaye, that's tough. Please accept my sincere sympathy, hope everything goes as well as it can with the funeral. The move will do you the world of good............a fresh start

Regards

Andrew
Old May 25th 2013, 11:26 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Vettemaster

Hi Kaye, Sorry to hear your father died. I hope you are ok.

Nice to see that things are moving forward with your move. We have not sold our house either, even though we have lowered the house price again. Plenty of views, no offers or interest after viewing. Estate agent advised us that our house would sell quick. This does not seem to be happening though?

We may have to let ours out too

We still have a lot to sort, like pet transport, a house to rent in Canada, lots of packing still to do and plenty going into storage at parents.

We have booked 2 weeks off work for our flights in 3 weeks time, although we have not booked anything yet as we want to receive COPR first and make sure everything is in order.
Old May 26th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vettemaster

My condolence Kaye. Pray for God's strenghth during this period.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Hi Vettemaster

Kaye5

My condolence on your loss!
Old May 27th 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vettemaster

So sorry to read that, really tough.
Our condolences and all the best from here.
Brighter days will come soon, for sure.
Markus
Old May 27th 2013, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It is appreciated.

Will be packing up in the next few days, then to Yorkshire to see family and to see my Dad off.

We'll let everyone know how the move goes, and our landing experience (13th June).

Good luck to the rest of you waiting - I'll look out for your updates.
Old May 28th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

Firstly Kaye, my condolences to you and your family. I know the move is coming thick and fast, hope the move goes nice and smoothly for you.
Hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend! I spent the weekend visiting various family members, trying to spend quality time, the closer its getting the quieter they are and now dont speak about us going much at all, its a strange feeling.
Vettemaster, hoping this is your week and your COPR lands on your doorstep.
Fingers crossed the rest of you will be hearing some news anytime now. Back to clearing out the boys rooms, my god they have more junk than me, lol
Old May 29th 2013, 2:53 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

im sorry for your loss, i lost my dad in april and it still stings that i couldnt be there in the 5 days up to his death when he was in the hospital, i arrived home the day after he died i would reccomend that you get a photograph of his grave and the surroundings ( once everyone else has gone) i am not able to go and see my dads grave again till july when i am over in uk, so having a photo of it helps me feel closer to him - when you have moved it is a difficult thing to get hold of if you havent already.

take it easy and be kind to yourself. this has been a hell of a year and so it can only get better right?

(((hugs)))
Old May 30th 2013, 4:49 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Question Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi all,

Well, we still have not received Confirmation of permanent residence yet and we have not booked flights as advised by CHC and our friend who is an Economic development officer. We have booked 2 weeks holiday for 3 weeks time from work in the UK so we can activate our visa's (we are hoping to have COPR within the next 2 weeks)

Flights prices are really starting to increase now for flights to Manitoba in the next few weeks, but we were wondering as it seems to be quite alot cheaper to fly into the USA, could we fly to Saint Pauls,Minneapolis (http://www.mspairport.com) and hire a rental car, then activate our visa's/land at the border of Emerson,MB http://goo.gl/maps/wWsdu ?

I am not 100% sure if we could bring a US plated rental car across the Canadian border and activate/land, as I know it was never allowed some time back if you were a Canadian citizen or PR?

Anyone know if we are allowed to do the above?

Last edited by vettemaster; May 30th 2013 at 5:01 pm.
Old May 30th 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Well, we still have not received Confirmation of permanent residence yet and we have not booked flights as advised by CHC and our friend who is an Economic development officer. We have booked 2 weeks holiday for 3 weeks time from work in the UK so we can activate our visa's (we are hoping to have COPR within the next 2 weeks)

Flights prices are really starting to increase now for flights to Manitoba in the next few weeks, but we were wondering as it seems to be quite alot cheaper to fly into the USA, could we fly to Saint Pauls,Minneapolis (http://www.mspairport.com) and hire a rental car, then activate our visa's/land at the border of Emerson,MB http://goo.gl/maps/wWsdu ?

I am not 100% sure if we could bring a US plated rental car across the Canadian border and activate/land, as I know it was never allowed some time back if you were a Canadian citizen or PR?

Anyone know if we are allowed to do the above?
As the car is concerned, you should ask the rental company if they allow border crossing.
The rest however could be feasible. If the car option does not work, is there a train connection? Somewhere here - don't ask me where, I just remember it - I have read it is possible to activate a visa on certain trains.

Best regards
Markus
Old May 30th 2013, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yesterday we have done the customs clearance, very nice and welcoming people.
Right now we are sitting in our new townhome - on two borrowed garden chairs - and are waiting for our furniture to arrive tomorrow

Thank god the CBS officer used to work at immigrations before, and he discovered a very, let's put it this way, interesting mistake the officer at Toronto Airport has made:
she gave us not only copies of our stamped COPR, but also those which were meant to stay with immigrations (those with the pics) so we could have waited an enternity for our pr cards.
So from now on again 6-8 weeks.

All the best from rainy Winnipeg.
Markus
Old May 30th 2013, 6:12 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Yesterday we have done the customs clearance, very nice and welcoming people.
Right now we are sitting in our new townhome - on two borrowed garden chairs - and are waiting for our furniture to arrive tomorrow

Thank god the CBS officer used to work at immigrations before, and he discovered a very, let's put it this way, interesting mistake the officer at Toronto Airport has made:
she gave us not only copies of our stamped COPR, but also those which were meant to stay with immigrations (those with the pics) so we could have waited an enternity for our pr cards.
So from now on again 6-8 weeks.

All the best from rainy Winnipeg.
Markus
Nice to see that you are enjoying yourself. It maybe raining, but I know it has been warm lately. I have been following the weather in Winnipeg and Brandon

On the border crossing idea by rental car, I read up a while ago, that its immigration or the border patrol that may have an issue with US plated rental cars coming into Canada if you were a PR or Canadian citizen. I don't know if the law has changed recently? All I have found out, is that you can bring a rental car in from the USA, if you have stayed in the USA for more than 48 hours or you are a US citizen or tourist. I am still trying to find our if we can bring one is as we are landing, staying in Manitoba for a few days, then returning home to get ready to move, give up jobs etc.
Old May 31st 2013, 5:56 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Hello everyone

We have just received
"decision made" on our PR application!!! Yipeeee

Last edited by vettemaster; May 31st 2013 at 6:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.