Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

Good job, your time line is in there. Sorry for being nosy but why did your application take so long to process apart from you sending your police cert after your application had reached London?

Regards

Andrew
They misplaced my Police Certificate Andrew, so I had to send for a new one. Much to my annoyance. Hope that answers your query?

Garry.

Last edited by GazGsm1; Jan 27th 2013 at 12:21 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:30 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
They misplaced my Police Certificate Andrew, so I had to send for a new one. Much to my annoyance. Hope that answers your query?

Garry.
Thanks for your reply Garry, hope they do not loose anything of ours! Wow that was a long time from forwarding to London to MR! I have heard that because of the Olympics things were slow at the London VO last summer. Most PNP applicants get their MR around 2-3 months after AOR from Sydney, so here's hoping

Good luck

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply Garry, hope they do not loose anything of ours! Wow that was a long time from forwarding to London to MR! I have heard that because of the Olympics things were slow at the London VO last summer. Most PNP applicants get their MR around 2-3 months after AOR from Sydney, so here's hoping

Good luck

Regards

Andrew
I am sure it will go quicker for you mate, I hope so anyway. I also heard that things slowed down due to the Olympics and Paralympics, but I have it now, so I'll enjoy a nice Spring and Summer in Canada, before I have to embrace the winter lol.

I'll learn how to skate n ski I suppose
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:49 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
3 months delay for us, I would say. Although the way it's going we'll need new police certs which will add another month.

I also think there's a "time of year" factor. Those hitting PPR at the end of the year when the quota runs out will take longer.
Thanks Kaye, but I thought you had a hold up with the extra medicals? if they hadn't messed you around i would say your time line would have been much shorter?

Tony_tiger last year was 4-5 months done and dusted, if there is a snag with medicals it seems to add another 6 months to the whole process.

I have been looking at another expat forum, some of the Pakistani applicants are getting MR from London 6 weeks after AOR?

Regards

Andrew
Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hey things are good.
Don't worry the PR come through.
Things my end are good. Ive just been so busy. I started work with TD bank in mid november. I got interviewed there and then and called back for a second interview when I went to a careers open day a few days after I landed. I got a exam on Monday, so just studying for that. Other than that im just saving, hopefully I should have enough for a deposit for a apartment/townhouse by the end of the year.
Its such a contrast to being back home in London. I was unemployed for over a year. No jobs and no prospects. After all the hard work of taking the risk and finances going pear shaped. It looks like its paying off.
Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Ahhh thats really sweet, thank you . Actually, Im not in a bad place right now - on the sofa , there are worse places to be. Its really nice to finally get this far and a relief for sure.

Its not nice when things are not going well at work and to be stressed, I really hope that you feel well again soon .

Keep focused and positive, youre nearly there, just a little bit longer to go so dont give up yet .

We wont be going anywhere for a little while yet.... I want to make sure that I have everything sorted here before leaving, so, we could all be landing around the same time - stranger things have happened!!!
Hi Violets and all

Our final piece of requested information is now with our DMP. The DMP is going to send all of our information that Immigration requested, to CHC London tomorrow (Thursday) morning via courier

Now we sit and wait again
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets and all

Our final piece of requested information is now with our DMP. The DMP is going to send all of our information that Immigration requested, to CHC London tomorrow (Thursday) morning via courier

Good news! Welcome back to waiting.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:21 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Good news! Welcome back to waiting.
Thanks Kaye
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Violets and all

Brilliant news, at least you know that everything is there and will be at London in a day or two and then hopefully just a few weeks at most . Good luck
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:32 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Brilliant news, at least you know that everything is there and will be at London in a day or two and then hopefully just a few weeks at most . Good luck
Thanks Leslie, We need all the encouragement we can get
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

I just heard of someone who had meds in January (or might have been late December) who has just got PPR.

This should bring hope for the new applicants.

I feel very ungracious, but I'm at the point of giving up completely. There is no sense in this at all. How can someone who has just had meds be given PPR ahead of those who had meds over 6 months ago?

Sorry, I would prefer to be more constructive than this, but am at this moment just bitterly upset.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:46 am
B.E.Enthusiast

I just heard of someone who had meds in January (or might have been late December) who has just got PPR.

I feel very ungracious, but I'm at the point of giving up completely. There is no sense in this at all. How can someone who has just had meds be given PPR ahead of those who had meds over 6 months ago?

Sorry, I would prefer to be more constructive than this, but am at this moment just bitterly upset.
Hi Kaye, I feel your pain. It does not make sense at all. I suppose we just have to sit it out for now. I had a call from someone at CIIP today. They wanted me to go to London for 2 days and have my CIIP course. My OH has done the online course. It is difficult for me to attend the course which is next week as its a 3 hour drive each way for me and its an all day course for both days. I do not have much encouragement to go to the course due to us being delayed for so long. I really hope we get some good news soon!

I hope this does not drag out over the Easter period. We just can't make any plans until we know for certain that we can Immigrate and stay in Canada permanently

We felt very positive back in July 2012 when we had our medicals, but now we do not

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 31st 2013 at 7:49 am.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:05 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Kaye I feel for you and I would be exactly the same if I were or am in your position this time next year, who was it if you don't mind me asking? I know that applicants who have pre arranged employment or have close family are processed faster, as having a job to go to means that CIC are enhancing the economy etc. If you have close family already living there, less background checks to conduct so less time spent on the application, don't give up now, after all you have been through. If you do in years to come you will only ask yourself the question "What if" you are nearly there so hang on in there, it will all be worth it in the end, and as I said to Andrew, this time next year it will all be a bad dream.

Hi Kaye, I feel your pain. It does not make sense at all. I suppose we just have to sit it out for now. I had a call from someone at CIIP today. They wanted me to go to London for 2 days and have my CIIP course. My OH has done the online course. It is difficult for me to attend the course which is next week as its a 3 hour drive each way for me and its an all day course for both days. I do not have much encouragement to go to the course due to us being delayed for so long. I really hope we get some good news soon!

I hope this does not drag out over the Easter period. We just can't make any plans until we know for certain that we can Immigrate and stay in Canada permanently

We felt very positive back in July 2012 when we had our medicals, but now we do not
Mate don't think I will be going to the CIIP course either, I have been to Canada enough times (24) to know exactly what is in store. If you don't go will it be another excuse to delay your COPR? I wonder if London VO monitor this website? I would expect that they do?

Speedy processing to all

Drew
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:39 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Kaye I feel for you and I would be exactly the same if I were or am in your position this time next year, who was it if you don't mind me asking? I know that applicants who have pre arranged employment or have close family are processed faster, as having a job to go to means that CIC are enhancing the economy etc. If you have close family already living there, less background checks to conduct so less time spent on the application, don't give up now, after all you have been through. If you do in years to come you will only ask yourself the question "What if" you are nearly there so hang on in there, it will all be worth it in the end, and as I said to Andrew, this time next year it will all be a bad dream.

Mate don't think I will be going to the CIIP course either, I have been to Canada enough times (24) to know exactly what is in store. If you don't go will it be another excuse to delay your COPR? I wonder if London VO monitor this website? I would expect that they do?

Speedy processing to all

Drew
Hi Mate, as far as we are both aware from what the leaflet and emails have stated, plus after chatting with the course organisers, the course is voluntary. My OH has already done the course. I don't see how immigration would penalise you for not attending a voluntary course.

Can you imagine how many people may have left, before being invited to the course and before getting PR like yourself?,

Positive vibes are called for here

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 31st 2013 at 8:45 am.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

So sorry to hear you are at such a low point Kaye. It is very difficult waiting, not knowing and hoping to hear something especially so close to the end. Hang on in there if you can because giving up at this stage would make no difference at all to be honest as that final result is going to come one way or the other .

If at all possible try and take some time out and give yourself a well deserved break from thinking about it all. Everyones case is so individual it makes it impossible to even wonder about as there are too many unknown variables. I really hope you feel better and get some positive news soon
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys.

I guess I am at a really low ebb at the moment anyway, and it was just one more thing. We had a death in the family just yesterday morning, I got moved out of a job I loved at work into a job I hate, the car broke down again, the computer blew up, the savings are dripping away day by day, flight prices rising.... and more.

Each day I wake up and "today must be the day" and it isn't. And then to hear someone so far "behind us" reaching the end make me realise just how bad I'm feeling right now, when I can't even be happy for people any more (other than those who have waited as long as we have of course).

Andrew, there doesn't seem to be any reason that I know of for such speedy processing (which is positive news for the recent applicants, I think).

Vettemaster - no-one has contacted us about CIIP, and we didn't sign up for it (we did something similar with Nova Scotia) Makes me wonder if we are about to be rejected (now I really am getting paranoid).
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:55 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Speedy processing to all

Drew
Hey Drew, here's an official link regarding CIIP. It is the Indian site though : ) http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 31st 2013 at 10:58 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.