Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

mouradb is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi everyone!!!

Just to let you know that....We FINALLY had our passport request last tuesday et our statut has changed to "decision" !!!!
Hoooooo we stille cant believe it, we arlready handled our passport and going to pick them upe next week The only - is that we have to be in canada the first week of august so you can imagine how crazy we are getting now we all the removal company, i have chosen anglo pacific Any suggestion on tha?? and yeahhh the prices for the flights are just craaazy but i guess we dont have any choice!
Will be back to keep you updated
Old Jun 11th 2013, 5:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by mouradb
Hi everyone!!!

Just to let you know that....We FINALLY had our passport request last tuesday et our statut has changed to "decision" !!!!
Hoooooo we stille cant believe it, we arlready handled our passport and going to pick them upe next week The only - is that we have to be in canada the first week of august so you can imagine how crazy we are getting now we all the removal company, i have chosen anglo pacific Any suggestion on tha?? and yeahhh the prices for the flights are just craaazy but i guess we dont have any choice!
Will be back to keep you updated
Congratulations!

Are you positive the date to be in Canada by is the 1st week of August to 'land'? Normally it is the anniversary of the date of the medicals - in your case, that would be by the 23rd July (unless they have given you an extension). Please double check when you get your passports back with your COPRA's (and before you book flights)!

Edited to say, it is possible to request that your medical date be extended, allowing you to delay your 'landing' date, but I am not sure if this can be done once you have sent in your passports. You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 11th 2013 at 5:46 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Andrew, How are things? Any sign of PPR?
I have managed to get our flights booked, a hire vehicle (4x4 Premium truck. We miss those gravel roads ), hotel in Winnipeg for a couple of nights and hotel for a few nights in Brandon. Just need to book 3 more nights for the remainder of our trip.

We plan on coming back to the UK for a couple of months, then head back to Canada
Hiya Vettemaster, thanks so much for your email and sorry to not have replied yet. Huge congratulations on your COPR and all of your arrangements for now. I really hope you enjoy your time there and that it all goes well. I have only read this page and the next so have a lot to catch up on and will over the next week or so.

Lots of little problems here at the moment but nothing that will stop the move, just holding it up a little My daughter has some more hospital appointments as things were not as straightforward as first suggested/thought so fingers crossed everything will be sorted out soon. Nothing major wrong at all but appointments take time and we want to make sure everything is sorted, so hopefully things will be done and dusted by the end of June or early July, then looking to pick dates again .

Im so happy things have finally worked out for your COPR Vettemaster, its been such a long time coming...or so it seems

Congratulations again and let us know what happens
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Hi Vettemaster

Yes, we're leaving our house next Thursday. Frantically taking apart furniture and still taking junk to the tip. House still not sold - we've now put it up for let.

Sadly, my father died last Saturday, so we're also having to deal with that as well.

Not been a great year so far for us - just hoping things improve.
Im so very sorry for your loss Kaye, its very sad news and Im sorry i didnt see this sooner.

I hope that the coming year is more positive and less stressful for you and your family.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hiya Vettemaster, thanks so much for your email and sorry to not have replied yet. Huge congratulations on your COPR and all of your arrangements for now. I really hope you enjoy your time there and that it all goes well. I have only read this page and the next so have a lot to catch up on and will over the next week or so.

Lots of little problems here at the moment but nothing that will stop the move, just holding it up a little My daughter has some more hospital appointments as things were not as straightforward as first suggested/thought so fingers crossed everything will be sorted out soon. Nothing major wrong at all but appointments take time and we want to make sure everything is sorted, so hopefully things will be done and dusted by the end of June or early July, then looking to pick dates again .

Im so happy things have finally worked out for your COPR Vettemaster, its been such a long time coming...or so it seems

Violets Are Blue

I was just thinking the other day that it has been a while and was thinking of posting to find out how you are doing!

Glad things are moving on nicely and no complications with your daughters health, wishing her speedy recovery!

Hope you get all things sorted out and make the move soonest!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 4:48 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue

I thought I was seeing things?? Violet has returned

Thanks for the well wishes We are off to Canada next Tuesday, but we will be returning to the Uk after 2 weeks of Canadian pleasure

We still have so much to organize in the UK prior to our final departure in September (Hopefully).

I know we will be meeting with some new friends in Manitoba and enjoying a Brandon curry

I have been so busy booking flights,hotels and planning where we will be visiting! ( making a bit of a holiday out of it )

2 more nights at work, then we are on annual leave for 17 days

I hope all is well with you?
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

[[snip]

Edited to say, it is possible to request that your medical date be extended, allowing you to delay your 'landing' date, but I am not sure if this can be done once you have sent in your passports. You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp[/QUOTE]

The VO can request Medicals be extended if the only outstanding item before issuing the Passport Request is that the medical has expired within the past 3 months or will expire shortly.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:34 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi vettemaster,

No news here, I suspect we have further meds request inbound, everyone else who had meds same time as us in the uk have had meds received update on Ecas! Also embassy staff are on strike so further delays possible. We might have to change our flights to later date, due to a tax issue, no answer to that yet, but we can change the flights...will cost us around £500 but that will be a small price to pay, if it solves my tax issue. Glad your plans are going well, you could drop in on my mum & dad when ur in Brandon, they are very social people and would be pleased to see you both?

Regards

Drew
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:42 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi mate,

No news here, I suspect we have further meds request inbound, everyone else who had meds same time as us in the uk have had meds received update on Ecas! Also embassy staff are on strike so further delays possible. We might have to change our flights to later date, due to a tax issue, no answer to that yet, but we can change the flights...will cost us around £500 but that will be a small price to pay, if it solves my tax issue. Glad your plans are going well, you could drop in on my mum & dad when ur in Brandon, they are very social people and would be pleased to see you both?

Regards

Drew
I am sure you will hear something soon Andrew.
Hope you sort your tax issue out. As for visiting your parents, thanks for the suggestion. We will have a think and see how things plan out.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to find out how other people are doing timeline wise for the common law PR application?

My application was received on dec 12th 2012 and the status was updated on may 11th 2013 to "processing"

How is everyone else's application times going? The strike alert is getting me nervous! Any info would be great.thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You need to join the correct thread. This is not for spousal cases.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You need to join the correct thread. This is not for spousal cases.
Oops! Sorry guys my mistake
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:11 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vettemaster
I am sure you will hear something soon Andrew.
Hope you sort your tax issue out. As for visiting your parents, thanks for the suggestion. We will have a think and see how things plan out.
Andrew, you were right, E-cas updated today "Medical Results have been received" just have to hope no additional meds are requested.

Have a good weekend all and a safe trip to Canada Vettemaster

Regards

Andrew
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Andrew, you were right, E-cas updated today "Medical Results have been received" just have to hope no additional meds are requested.

Have a good weekend all and a safe trip to Canada Vettemaster

Regards

Andrew
That's good news Andrew. Another milestone reached. Not too long to go now. Best wishes to all. Jay.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:34 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
That's good news Andrew. Another milestone reached. Not too long to go now. Best wishes to all. Jay.
Thanks, are you in process yet?

Regards

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.