Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 6th 2016, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

njwilley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Application on 12/08/2015-

Decision made on 11 December 2015.

A question I do have, is when should I expect to receive all the documents I sent to support my application?

Thanks,
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have found your spreadsheet recently and it has been a great help, wondered if I could be added to it to help with the stats

App received 18 Sep
Married
Sponsor approved 24 November
London
Ecas 24 November

In addition I have a question about ECAS, it has decision made on my PR but when I click it it states medical docs received. Does this mean they have made a decision? Or is it they are still processing but have all the docs.

Many thanks,
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njwilley
Application on 12/08/2015-

Decision made on 11 December 2015.

A question I do have, is when should I expect to receive all the documents I sent to support my application?

Thanks,
I'm not sure that they do return documents, unless they are originals of things like a marriage certificate or similar. I didn't receive any of mine back (I don't know about others). That's why it's recommended to send copies of documents unless they specifically ask for the original.

Did you send copies or originals?

Congrats on getting DM though!

Old Jan 7th 2016, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for answer and congratulations, busy and exciting times ahead.

To be honest I didn't think about it when providing alternative information i.e. to prove our relationship. So I sent original cards, letters and photos etc... which I thought would be beneficial for the application.

I have emailed them this morning in case there is any possibility of getting them back.

Thanks,
Old Jan 7th 2016, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rusty80
Hi,

I have found your spreadsheet recently and it has been a great help, wondered if I could be added to it to help with the stats

App received 18 Sep
Married
Sponsor approved 24 November
London
Ecas 24 November

In addition I have a question about ECAS, it has decision made on my PR but when I click it it states medical docs received. Does this mean they have made a decision? Or is it they are still processing but have all the docs.

Many thanks,
Hi you want to use the details about I have an update COPR received today shocked how quick the process has been considering some of the other dates on here. All best to the rest of you
Old Jan 7th 2016, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Hi, I just signed for a recorded delivery and it's my COPR.
Just have to book a flight and go back.
Thankyou to everyone for all your help, guidance and advice, this forum has been my rock from day one and I will continue to read and no doubt post more questions in the near future.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

chrisco87 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has just sent to CPC Ottawa the photographs and passport photocopies asked 2 days ago. We are now hoping the COPR will arrive very quickly Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

One final thing which I hate to bother people with...

I have searched for the last 30 mins on Google etc... and have had no luck and cannot get a decent answer on the following.

I received two copies (one for CIC and one for myself) of the form IMM 5688, however, IMM5785 is also listed on my confirmation letter. Does anyone know what this is?
Old Jan 7th 2016, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by njwilley
One final thing which I hate to bother people with...

I have searched for the last 30 mins on Google etc... and have had no luck and cannot get a decent answer on the following.

I received two copies (one for CIC and one for myself) of the form IMM 5688, however, IMM5785 is also listed on my confirmation letter. Does anyone know what this is?
I've got that too on my letter,I only have form 5688, no idea what form 5785 is!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:11 am
Just Joined

kinsielee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone!

As we mentioned, we received 'decision made' on Sunday the 3rd. When we click on it it only says 'medical results received'. I'm starting to think that we jumped the gun a little and don't actually have a decision as our lawyers (who admittedly have been quite useless up until this point) have advised us that this isn't the 'good news' we thought it was.
Thoughts?
Old Jan 8th 2016, 4:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kinsielee
Hey everyone!

As we mentioned, we received 'decision made' on Sunday the 3rd. When we click on it it only says 'medical results received'. I'm starting to think that we jumped the gun a little and don't actually have a decision as our lawyers (who admittedly have been quite useless up until this point) have advised us that this isn't the 'good news' we thought it was.
Thoughts?
Hello

Does it say "CIC will contact you with regard to the decision" or something similar? If not, then the decision made is probably in reference to your medical results. It doesn't sound like you are quite there yet but as you have been in process a fair while it shouldn't be too much longer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Old Jan 8th 2016, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kinsielee
Hey everyone!

Thoughts?
Hi,

Mine said the same early 2016 and I received the COPR yesterday. I was wondering the same thing as I have a medical condition but they seem happy with it. Hope it goes well.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

maggs8247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, can you please add me to the spreadsheet with the following info?

Application received in Mississauga 23 October.

Sponsor approved 4 January

Ecas 4 January (being processed in London)

Married

They had the medical results with the application.

Thank you!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

maggs8247 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really, really wish I had known about this forum earlier!

Can anyone offer advice please - we've applied for PR for my British husband with hopes to move to Canada asap with our three children all born in the UK (I'm Canadian-born). We'd like to go as soon as our house is sold - can anyone give advice on going under dual intent while we wait? I've received sponsorship approval and it says my husband's application is in process but I'm not sure how long it will take now.

Would be very grateful if anyone could share their experience of dual intent!

Thanks all!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggs8247
I really, really wish I had known about this forum earlier!

Can anyone offer advice please - we've applied for PR for my British husband with hopes to move to Canada asap with our three children all born in the UK (I'm Canadian-born). We'd like to go as soon as our house is sold - can anyone give advice on going under dual intent while we wait? I've received sponsorship approval and it says my husband's application is in process but I'm not sure how long it will take now.

Would be very grateful if anyone could share their experience of dual intent!

Thanks all!
Im assuming you are doing an outland application?
Basically if you have proof of approval and that the applications have been submitted you simply tell CBSA on arrival in Canada that you would like a visitor record for 12 months under dual intent. You can also apply if eligible for the kids Canadian citizenship as its most likely they have dual citizenship.
Most UK outland applications are taking less than 12 months but your OH is not eligible for the open work permit as that is for inland applications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.