Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 31st 2015, 12:24 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by therezamalan
Hi!
okay so :

-The office that is processing phase 2 is LONDON

- We have had no requests from the offices (both canada for phase 1 and london Phase 2

-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt ...not too sure what that means BUT my husband hold both a South African Passport AND a UK passport. we are here in the UK working and waiting out this process before we go to canada.....so i think he is visa exempt.....

-Current location of the principal applicant- We are located in Edinburgh Scotland....so Edinburgh?.....or i guess london would be the biggest city/processing hub

_Hopefully we will be getting COPR in the mail tomorrow or early next week. he or I have not recieved any emails with news or steps we are assuming all news from DM will be via mail.

Cheers

Theresa
Thanks, spreadsheet updated
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

simbradley is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a visit from the postman, with COPR!
I haven't even been checking the ECAS because I wasn't expecting a result until the summer. No idea how or why it happened so fast, but what a way to start 2016!
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just checked processing times and noticed they've changed the whole layout of the processing times page.

Outside Canada now states 18 months for a complete application, including 10 days for sponsor approval. My application was received 37 days ago, should I contact them to chase them up? Or wait a little longer since they only updated the page today?

Last edited by LHaywood1; Dec 31st 2015 at 4:18 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

therezamalan is an unknown quantity at this point

simbradley where in the UK are you located ?!!! Been waiting at the door all day lol ahhhh how exciting what a nice way to end the year! When did you apply?! what was your letter dated ?!
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LHaywood1
I've just checked processing times and noticed they've changed the whole layout of the processing times page.

Outside Canada now states 18 months for a complete application, including 10 days for sponsor approval. My application was received 37 days ago, should I contact them to chase them up? Or wait a little longer since they only updated the page today?
I've just found the same. I've just tried looking on the CIC website for clarification and it's now not displaying the number of days it takes for sponsorship approval.

We're a little confused, my wife (sponsor) has just received an email from CIC giving her our UCI number and stating that our application was received on 6th November (which we knew). It didn't say that we'd gained sponsorship approval or anything. We were actually expecting the the email would say she'd been approved and we're going to stage two, as it's just under 2 months ago that they received our file. But all this email seems to state was that they've received our application.

As stated above, it's now saying Family Class sponsorship for outland is now 18 months and 10 days for SA???

I dunno what to think
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adfletch83
I've just found the same. I've just tried looking on the CIC website for clarification and it's now not displaying the number of days it takes for sponsorship approval.

We're a little confused, my wife (sponsor) has just received an email from CIC giving her our UCI number and stating that our application was received on 6th November (which we knew). It didn't say that we'd gained sponsorship approval or anything. We were actually expecting the the email would say she'd been approved and we're going to stage two, as it's just under 2 months ago that they received our file. But all this email seems to state was that they've received our application.

As stated above, it's now saying Family Class sponsorship for outland is now 18 months and 10 days for SA???

I dunno what to think
I don't know either. Maybe they are changing the way they do things and you'll get your SA in 10 days? You're 2 weeks ahead of me on the spreadsheet.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else who's still awaiting SA gets an email from CIC. I guess on the plus side you know they've got your application.

I wish they would put back on the processing page the date of the applications they are working on like they had previously.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:19 am
Just Joined

kinsielee is an unknown quantity at this point

We just checked online and we got decision made!!!! Now we have to check the mail every day! Hope we are one of the lucky ones who get it in a week or two as the wait will feel like forever!! I hope the New Year brings good news for others too
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:06 am
Just Joined

ryanh1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have 'Decision made', I cannot believe how quickly we got it. Now for the wait and hopefully a positive outcome
Old Jan 4th 2016, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

simbradley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by therezamalan
simbradley where in the UK are you located ?!!! Been waiting at the door all day lol ahhhh how exciting what a nice way to end the year! When did you apply?! what was your letter dated ?!
I'm actually in Quebec, about an hour west of Montreal, came here on Dual Intent at the end of October.
My letter was dated Dec 15th, 3 days after I changed my address to the Canadian one! We're looking into driving to New York on Friday so I can come back and 'land' at the border. Stoked to be a resident, and thank you again to everyone on this forum for the amazing information and guidance throughout the whole process
Old Jan 4th 2016, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

simbradley, ryanh1988 and kinsielee: spreadsheet updated, congrats!

Remember to tell us if your location changes.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LHaywood1

its now changed back to 62 days for SA. I called the CIC Call Centre and they advised it was a glitch with the new website recently published.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

And the processing time is now 26 months, not 18.

It also says

Processing times will vary based on:

Type of application submitted;
Volume of applications received;
How easily we can verify information;
How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
Whether the application is complete.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 6:02 am
Just Joined

lis1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year everyone !
I got DM sometime on the 15th Dec and have just received my COPR today. My COPR was dated 15th Dec.
Hoping those that are waiting will get some good news soon
Old Jan 5th 2016, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

chrisco87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ! We had received DM on December 20th, and today my husband received an email asking for the last documents for the completion of his PR, i.e. passport and photographs. They say you just need to send the passport photocopy if you are visa exempt, so he is Scottish, therefore he needs to send a photocopy and not the passport itself right?

Since we are living in Canada, they sey we may send it to Ottawa rather than London. What do you recommend for the fastest process?

Thank you all for your help
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Random $75 refund...

Hi guys we have just recieved a letter from CIC Mississagua saying that they are giving us a refund of $75 dollars!!! And this refers to our application to sponsor a family member...

I am sure that i paid the correct amount of
1 Application fee of $75
2) Principal applicant fee of $475
3) Right of Permanent Residence fee of $490
This is what i have paid.

The only other thing i have paid and sent off which is a $75 citizenship application for our daughter but this application has been received by London and is in process so why would Mississagua refund me this money by mistake????

Any suggestions on what i should do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.