Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 16th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mariar
Well three weeks and four days after sending my passport to London, I received it back today now just have to activate visa and im done and dusted! Thanks again to everyone who has given advice and support, Merry Christmas!
congratulations - that must be a massive relief and a wonderful surprise just before christmas. top stuff!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

trickydicky16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Folks.

I have just found this forum and I'm so glad there are people I can talk to about things.

We are currently applying for a common-law permenant visa. My partner is Canadian but living in Scotland with me. We have had the sponsorship application go through successfully and are just waiting on the Permenent Residence Applicaiton status to be completed.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the timeline starts from? This is what it says, which is why I am confused:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor ............. on August 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 27, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 27, 2011 about the decision on your application.

THEN

Permanent Residence
We received .......... application for permanent residence on August 17, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Does anyone know if this means they start processing the Permenent Residence part from August 17th? Or from October 27th?

Just so we can kind of work out when we are looking at moving!

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Old Dec 18th 2011, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janham
Right, so where is it???? maybe there's something wrong as we'd have expected to hear something by now

Timeline: Application received in Miss on September 26th which seems to have been processed quite a while ago so thought we would have heard something, unless its the Christmas post

Good job we're not in a rush now otherwise this would panic you then again this is being processed in Canada
Well the CIC are way past our date now and still no joy, nothing received other than a cheque fo $50 (must have overpaid) so we maybe up to ringing them soon as not even request for more info has been received; unless its the Christmas post but it should have been here by now I think, anyone else on a similar timeline out there?

App rec'd Miss 26/9/11
Old Dec 19th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the CIC are way past our date now and still no joy, nothing received other than a cheque fo $50 (must have overpaid) so we maybe up to ringing them soon as not even request for more info has been received; unless its the Christmas post but it should have been here by now I think, anyone else on a similar timeline out there?

App rec'd Miss 26/9/11

We e-mailed the CIC re our 1st stage sponsorship yesterday and have just as we were giving up on the dream have had an e-mail saying we have been approved

we've got a UCI number but it seems to be one 8 digit number with no dash inbetween so still can't access the CIC website, do you just put the dash in or does it appear on anyones paperwork with a dash? just wondered as this info has come from London not Miss
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

We e-mailed the CIC re our 1st stage sponsorship yesterday and have just as we were giving up on the dream have had an e-mail saying we have been approved

we've got a UCI number but it seems to be one 8 digit number with no dash inbetween so still can't access the CIC website, do you just put the dash in or does it appear on anyones paperwork with a dash? just wondered as this info has come from London not Miss
Ours just came as an 8 digit number too, without the dash, haven't tried to log on yet so can't say how easy it is to gt online!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
Ours just came as an 8 digit number too, without the dash, haven't tried to log on yet so can't say how easy it is to gt online!
You have to put the dash in yourself.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

You have to put the dash in yourself. 4 numbers a dash 4 numbers...i think!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 4:57 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

So - just had my application sent off for my permanent residency application today - not expecting to hear anything until February, judging by the time frames everyone has been talking about on here.

And the waiting begins...
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

BC girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
So - just had my application sent off for my permanent residency application today - not expecting to hear anything until February, judging by the time frames everyone has been talking about on here.

And the waiting begins...

Hello
I am new to this site so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread. I am a civil servant, (not senior management) in the UK and would love to move to Canada, especially the province of BC. I don’t have any skills on the federal list and I don’t have anyone who can sponsor me. I am in a full time job and would love to live and work and contribute to Canadian society as in turn Canada, would I believe offer a better quality of live. Is there any way I can move to Canada? I would come out with at least $15,000 so I could support myself while I get a job. It has always been my dream to move to Canada and now I feel I need to try to peruse my dream. Can anyone advise me on what I can do; are there any special programs where the normal ways of immigration, such as skills on federal list, family sponsorship or etc. does not apply?
Thank you
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BC girl
Hello
I am new to this site so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread. I am a civil servant, (not senior management) in the UK and would love to move to Canada, especially the province of BC. I don’t have any skills on the federal list and I don’t have anyone who can sponsor me. I am in a full time job and would love to live and work and contribute to Canadian society as in turn Canada, would I believe offer a better quality of live. Is there any way I can move to Canada? I would come out with at least $15,000 so I could support myself while I get a job. It has always been my dream to move to Canada and now I feel I need to try to peruse my dream. Can anyone advise me on what I can do; are there any special programs where the normal ways of immigration, such as skills on federal list, family sponsorship or etc. does not apply?
Thank you
This is probably the wrong thread for you, but the right website! Are you under 31? If so, you can go live for a year in Canada under a working holiday visa. It's a good start:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

BC girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aperture
This is probably the wrong thread for you, but the right website! Are you under 31? If so, you can go live for a year in Canada under a working holiday visa. It's a good start:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d
Thanks. but i am over 31. Could you point me in the right direction?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Received an email today from CIC, I am approved to sponsor my husband.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 11:45 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 123me
Congrats! One step down - one much bigger step to go
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

So you are two week behind me! Congratulations
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Approved?? That's fantastic!

Sadly I haven't heard a thing at all although we submitted at the same time.

Still waiting patiently.. a little less so...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.